What's new

Introduce Myself with my 7200w 12 light Vert Grow

Hello All, Long time perver lurker of this site and others and think I found where I want to be in this vertical growing sub-forum. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable so I want to share what I got going on and help and learn with all the people in here.

This is my second go at vertical growing, was doing a SOG style stadium grow before now expanded operations and went vertical style. Last run was a disaster, switch nutrients as well as completely revamping things mid run and it was just sad. But I'm back with a vengeance this time and things are looking great.

My ways:
Strains - F bomb (Think the name is wrong, got clones) and King Kush. Also have some Hash plant almost ready to go to flower. started some Critical mass and Silver Kush from seed for the next go.

6000w 6-1000w 10 x 15 veg room (horizontal for this grow but switching to vert)
7200w 12-600w 24 x 15 flower room.

FLoraNova Grow-bloom
Pro-mix HP ammendend with 40% perlite, worm casting and dolomite.

Thought I would note that this is my second run with the one part nutrient. Used to run about 10 different nutrients and suppliments and after seeing the results of just using the one part I've switched. I've been burned by playing the game of nutrients way too much and have now seen the light of K.I.S.S. Saving money and the plants are loving it. Going to use grow til week 3. Then a 50-50 mix of grow bloom until week 6 then bloom after that. Hope for the best, first time trying this way, I'm confident that keeping the ratio's more to a veg style for longer into bloom and keeping the N higher will benefit the plants.

about a week into flower now after about a 6 week veg. Made some mistakes so far and didn't veg under vertical so not quite as bushy and big as could be but I'm happy compared with my last grow.

Some Pics

Have more lights and plants to go in to fill the room

p1020863z.jpg

p1020865.jpg

Doing some experimenting with defoliating as you can see with this plant ^. Had great results with SOG style so want to see if it can help with vert style big plant.

p1020866i.jpg

I'm no professional so any input and help is welcome as its a never ending education in this industry. Loving the vertical so far and can't wait to see how these ladies flower.

Nice to meet you all.

meltybubble

Looking real good,
How are you managing the airflow in there?
Plants look nice and healthy.

Great intro,nice to meet you and all the best with this,
looking forward to seeing them fill up that room.

peace.:tiphat:

Looking real good,
How are you managing the airflow in there?
Plants look nice and healthy.

Great intro,nice to meet you and all the best with this,
looking forward to seeing them fill up that room.

peace.:tiphat:

Thx nice to meet you too.

Airflow is a 14" maxifan hooked up to a temp controller that has night/day control, pretty simple and does the trick. Input is passive for now as its cold as shit here so not much air in is needed. As summer comes around I'll be fitting the right size intake fan.

Mister_D

Veteran
Hello All, Long time perver lurker of this site and others and think I found where I want to be in this vertical growing sub-forum. Everyone is helpful and knowledgeable so I want to share what I got going on and help and learn with all the people in here.

This is my second go at vertical growing, was doing a SOG style stadium grow before now expanded operations and went vertical style. Last run was a disaster, switch nutrients as well as completely revamping things mid run and it was just sad. But I'm back with a vengeance this time and things are looking great.

My ways:
Strains - F bomb (Think the name is wrong, got clones) and King Kush. Also have some Hash plant almost ready to go to flower. started some Critical mass and Silver Kush from seed for the next go.

6000w 6-1000w 10 x 15 veg room (horizontal for this grow but switching to vert)
7200w 12-600w 24 x 15 flower room.

FLoraNova Grow-bloom
Pro-mix HP ammendend with 40% perlite, worm casting and dolomite.

Thought I would note that this is my second run with the one part nutrient. Used to run about 10 different nutrients and suppliments and after seeing the results of just using the one part I've switched. I've been burned by playing the game of nutrients way too much and have now seen the light of K.I.S.S. Saving money and the plants are loving it. Going to use grow til week 3. Then a 50-50 mix of grow bloom until week 6 then bloom after that. Hope for the best, first time trying this way, I'm confident that keeping the ratio's more to a veg style for longer into bloom and keeping the N higher will benefit the plants.

about a week into flower now after about a 6 week veg. Made some mistakes so far and didn't veg under vertical so not quite as bushy and big as could be but I'm happy compared with my last grow.

Some Pics
[URL="http://imageshack.us/a/img62/8595/p1020861p.jpg"]View Image[/URL]
Have more lights and plants to go in to fill the room

View Image

View Image
Doing some experimenting with defoliating as you can see with this plant ^. Had great results with SOG style so want to see if it can help with vert style big plant.

View Image

I'm no professional so any input and help is welcome as its a never ending education in this industry. Loving the vertical so far and can't wait to see how these ladies flower.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome to icmag :tiphat:. Looks like you have a solid design and plan for execution, i'll be watching :biggrin:.

mdk ktm

I also run floranova, but I also use a couple additives. I love the stuff. Good luck for this grow I hope you pull a killer harvest.

I was wondering what you are doing for a/c, and if you are running co2?

hempyftw

Nice work.

Nice work.

Doing it big! I like what I see man.

Can we get a veg shot?

Plants seem very happy. Keep doing what your doing.

Seems like everyone is playing with defoliation right now, me included. Can't wait to see how it goes for ya.

Bring on the big buds!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job mang......those look awesome...how much does your electrical bill run (if you do not mind me asking?) I only run 3200w...and I pay almost $850 a month when everything is running i.e. fans, lights, de-huey etc....

D

DaveTheNewbie

Going to use grow til week 3. Then a 50-50 mix of grow bloom until week 6 then bloom after that. Hope for the best, first time trying this way, I'm confident that keeping the ratio's more to a veg style for longer into bloom and keeping the N higher will benefit the plants.

ive always wondered about this too

D

DHF

ive always wondered about this too
I always used my GH "Grow" until end of stretch , and then used the N in the "Micro" in lower concentrations along with increased levels of the bloom till end of cycle ftw.......

Premature yellowing off of the fans during mid flower indicate lower levels of nitrogen and will affect swellage guaranteed IME , but.........

That`s a long time heated debate about flushing or not flushing toward the end of the plant`s life for optimum results.....anyways......

Thoughts to ponder.....and....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

I also run floranova, but I also use a couple additives. I love the stuff. Good luck for this grow I hope you pull a killer harvest.

I was wondering what you are doing for a/c, and if you are running co2?

No A/C or co2. Just Exhaust fan hooked up to night day temp controller. Only during peak summer months will I have some heat troubles but I'm in the basement and only rarely do the outside temps creep up to 30deg. My fan will completely replace all the air in my room once a minute so as long as my intake is a decent temp then I should be ok.

Good job mang......those look awesome...how much does your electrical bill run (if you do not mind me asking?) I only run 3200w...and I pay almost $850 a month when everything is running i.e. fans, lights, de-huey etc....

Holy bejeezus! Thats pricey. I haven't had both rooms running full bore yet so I'm not sure what the bill will be for that but I'm definitely not looking forward to finding out.

For the 6000w room I was running before this my bill averaged around $600 every 2 months. Luckily I live in a small house that has a propane stove, propane water heater and is heated by a wood fireplace so my house basically uses no power. I have friends that have bigger bills than me and don't grow! ha. But I'm guessing I'll be around $500 a month minimum with 11,200w going. Power is pretty cheap where I live up in Canada here. Feel for ya for sure.

Weekly Update:
Things cruising along, plants have started to fill up the space. I'm getting excited already about the harvest and I still have 7 long weeks ahead. Eesh, that's a lot of sleepless nights as I can never sleep when I'm excited.

p1020900j.jpg

View from the far corner. Got all 12 lights going now and brought the last of the plants from the Veg room in to fill her up. That's King Kush in the forground with F-bomb in the back.

p1020896w.jpg

Had some chilly day/night temps when the room wasn't full yet. Plants didn't dry out as fast as I wanted which I think is the cause of this leaf curl. My only guess but maybe something else?

This is interesting. Did a defoliating test:
p1020865.jpg

Right after defoil. The darn light is in the way but you can sorta see that the plant on the right is smaller.

now:
p1020914yu.jpg

The plant on the right is now a couple of inches taller. Seems that the plant used its energy to produce new fan leaves causing it to slow in upward growth. Within a week you can barely tell it was defoiled. Now knowing this one can use it to their advantage if wanting to control stretch or vertical growth at certain points of the plants life. Also the internodes are tighter now on the defoiled plant compared with the other plant. In my situation with vertical growing it probably hasn't done anything that will increase yield, maybe even lessened it as my plants are short and wide already so more vertical growth would be better to utilize the vertical bulbs but you can see how for certain strains that stretch a lot or if your plants are too tall and you want to slow them this could work to your advantage. I will be taking all fan leaves off after stretch as I know this increases yield, or at least increases quality and density of buds. I'll leave a few control plants to see if the difference is obvious.

Limited to 5 photo's. Next post is the rest.

Something else I'm trying:
p1020903x.jpg

Hard to tell here but if you look at the lower branch closest to light I've bent it down and creased it. I'm thinking that for plants on the edge that only see once side of light this will open it up and allow light to penetrate the plant and see the far side of buds. Also could be used if your plants are growing in to the lights or just want to get them closer to the lights with chopping branches.

p1020904p.jpg

Closer look

My next batch of ladies:
p1020920j.jpg

Mostly Critcal mass with 6 Silver Kush's in there.

p1020921p.jpg

Check out the branching on the Critical. No topping or anything.

p1020923y.jpg

This is a lanky Silver Kush. Unsure what to do with this one. Be at the ceiling with about 4 branches in no time. Any suggestions on how to train this tall lady to be a nice bushy tree? I topped her when she was about 6" now she's about 18 and has 2 branches off the bottom. I twisted her stalk Kushman style (first time trying) to try and slow her down. Might just chop her down to the 2nd internode there. Will still be as tall as most of the rest.

Thats it, hope every one is doing great. Input is obviously appreciated

D

DHF

Hey Bro.....Thanks for the thread and yeah.......Indica dominant plants that don't`stretch fer shit and bush sideways towards the bare bulbs are the bane of a Vert Grower`s existence and to be dealt with.....

Dealt with the same shit runnin Pre-98 Bubba cuz that bitch would NOT stretch/grow vertically with bare bulbs once flipped , so 2/3 of the available lumens in the flip rooms were lost cuz there wasn't anything up there to yield the benefits of the sideways blastin bulbs.......anyways.....

Respect for the healthy plants and takin the time out to show us......Good luck and holler if we can help......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.....

Hey Bro.....Thanks for the thread and yeah.......Indica dominant plants that don't`stretch fer shit and bush sideways towards the bare bulbs are the bane of a Vert Grower`s existence and to be dealt with.....

Dealt with the same shit runnin Pre-98 Bubba cuz that bitch would NOT stretch/grow vertically with bare bulbs once flipped , so 2/3 of the available lumens in the flip rooms were lost cuz there wasn't anything up there to yield the benefits of the sideways blastin bulbs.......anyways.....

Respect for the healthy plants and takin the time out to show us......Good luck and holler if we can help......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.....

Hey Thx for stopping in. Ya, I'll see how these yield this time as I did fim or top each plant. Next time I'll leave a few to grow naturally to try and get that vertical growth to get the height.

Any suggestions on how to train that lanky Silver Kush in the last pic for vert growing? Kinda the opposite of what I got going on in my flower room right now. No branching just a rocket ship of vertical growth even though I topped it. If I don't decide to chop her down a few nodes I'm hoping defoliating once enough leaves have sprouted will slow the growth and tighten up the internodes. Advice from you vert pro's would be great.

Latest posts

Latest posts