What's new

Introduce Myself with my 7200w 12 light Vert Grow

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sheik;

1st great job on the room man, your killing it and giving me idea's (EDIT: I just read what you wrote Avanish...LOL great minds think alike)....as far as wax goes it's just BHO oil whipped and vacuum purged until you get a wax-like consistency...check the HASH section of IC mag and you will find more DIY threads than you can shake a stick at....here is some wax I made....

picture.php

!!!!
nice work sheik, im lovin the progression, good updates & steady pics, thanks for sharing
i like the setup for your veg... giving me ideas....

Sheik;

1st great job on the room man, your killing it and giving me idea's (EDIT: I just read what you wrote Avanish...LOL great minds think alike)....as far as wax goes it's just BHO oil whipped and vacuum purged until you get a wax-like consistency...check the HASH section of IC mag and you will find more DIY threads than you can shake a stick at....here is some wax I made....

View Image

Ya it sure was handy having the old stadium set up for the vegging process, makes use of you watts a lot better when the ladies are small.

That hash looks delicious, might have to give it a whirl. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who would be happy to have that stuff in their hands. Any ideas on what its worth?

Buddle

Veteran
Whoa Nellie!!!

Whoa Nellie!!!

Good job mang......those look awesome...how much does your electrical bill run (if you do not mind me asking?) I only run 3200w...and I pay almost $850 a month when everything is running i.e. fans, lights, de-huey etc....

man thats painful to hear..yikes!!

eBay or Amazon?

Doesn't look good, one seller on ebay already turned me down and the rest say that they don't ship to Canada on the web page. Think systematic fungicides can only be bought and used by licenced applicators up here. The local grow shop sometimes has the chemicals that you can't get in canada. I'll check him out tomorrow, unsure of how popular eagle 20 is so hopefully he has it or can get it.

Ha ^ funny shit Mega

Thx Dorky but problem is they don't ship to Canada.

Did some research and found a product call Immunox that is a sytematic fungicide that I can get in Canada. Crazy thing is that its approved for use on fruits and vegetables up until harvest! But look into it more and studies found on rats have caused nasty shit like higher stillborns reduction in pregnancies and just general nasties on the reproductive system yet it's approved for use on our fruits and veggies right up until harvest. I'm eating organic now...

icdog

Nice grow. Have you looked into blumats? They make watering real easy. I didn't see it posted or asked yet but what are you using for cooling and for humidity control?

Nice grow. Have you looked into blumats? They make watering real easy. I didn't see it posted or asked yet but what are you using for cooling and for humidity control?

Looked into blumats a bit, seems lots of guys are using them. Sounds kinda tricky having to elevate a bucket to get proper flow while keeping a regular rez and pumping up to it. Also I have a pretty big room and have about 40 plants so that 80 feeders and a lot of little lines to deal with. Sounds handy to set it and forget it though. If I could have the lines running to one rez without the elevation of a bucket thing I would be more into it but simpler is better for me. Might try out a few blumats on my house plants and see for myself.

As for cooling and humidity I'm on a simple intake outake fan hook up to a thermostat. Passive intake for the winter but will be hooking a fan up for the summer for the intake. It's all a new setup for me as I've changed my setup and styles so learning and adapting on the go right now. Humidity is what it is but right now staying between 45 and 60. Looking forward to spring and summer so I can really get the air pumping through. Picked up a 14" maxfan that pumps 1700cfm, its a beast but right now with the cold air coming in it barely get above an idle to keep an even 25deg.

icdog

You only need 1 blumat per pot, I run the maxis. To setup the rez with an elevated rez is really easy unless you don't have some height. There is one guy in the blumat thread that setup a rez with a pump to a pressure reducer and accumulator somehow. Either way the blumats are awesome and make watering so simple once setup.

You only need 1 blumat per pot, I run the maxis. To setup the rez with an elevated rez is really easy unless you don't have some height. There is one guy in the blumat thread that setup a rez with a pump to a pressure reducer and accumulator somehow. Either way the blumats are awesome and make watering so simple once setup.

Whats the maxis and How do you keep a steady water level in the elevated rez? A float valve with a pump from the main rez or something? You sure one blumat is good for 7 to 10 gallon pots?

Guess I could figure it out just never done any sort of hydro plumbing so all the lingo about reducers and accumulators is foreign and intimidating.

D

DaveTheNewbie

Whats the maxis and How do you keep a steady water level in the elevated rez? A float valve with a pump from the main rez or something? You sure one blumat is good for 7 to 10 gallon pots?

Guess I could figure it out just never done any sort of hydro plumbing so all the lingo about reducers and accumulators is foreign and intimidating.

i have no experience with maxis, but with normal blumats you need 2 per 7 gal smartpot. dunno about 10gals. the blumat website has more info.

be vary careful with blumats, many people (including me) have had heaps of problems. I think its to do wtih high or swinging temps or RH. If you have climate control you should be fine.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
blumats scare the crap out of me. Basket stakes are cheap and work well.

icdog

I have one line from the pump which is about 50 gallon in my rez pumping up to the elevated rez which is 5 gallon. The 5 gallon has 2 equal size drain lines that drain back down into the big rez. The pump runs 24/7. Works great.
The maxis are made for bigger pots. I use 7 gallon pots no problem.
There can be lots of problems, it isn't perfect but it is brilliant for automatic soil watering. Setup is important and no messing with them once setup. Nothing really to do with RH.

i have no experience with maxis, but with normal blumats you need 2 per 7 gal smartpot. dunno about 10gals. the blumat website has more info.

be vary careful with blumats, many people (including me) have had heaps of problems. I think its to do wtih high or swinging temps or RH. If you have climate control you should be fine.

blumats scare the crap out of me. Basket stakes are cheap and work well.

Ya don't know what it is about them but they weird me out too. icdog here is saying good things so I'll be considering them for sure but my room is 25ft x 15 ft and I fit 40 plants in there this time so relying on blumats for that makes me nervous. What's the basket stake about? looks like a drip emitter.

I have one line from the pump which is about 50 gallon in my rez pumping up to the elevated rez which is 5 gallon. The 5 gallon has 2 equal size drain lines that drain back down into the big rez. The pump runs 24/7. Works great.
The maxis are made for bigger pots. I use 7 gallon pots no problem.
There can be lots of problems, it isn't perfect but it is brilliant for automatic soil watering. Setup is important and no messing with them once setup. Nothing really to do with RH.

Oh that makes more sense to have the pump running full time. The Maxis are just a larger blumat then right? Blumats do weird me out for some reason but sounds like when dialed in the are a piece of cake.

I'm leaning more toward a simple water to waste automatic system feeding with hydro halos. Basically exactly what Dorky does. I want to have a set up where I can justify to flood my medium completely every day or two so my plants are getting a completely fresh source of oxygenated water and nutrients more frequently. Upgrading to airpots or smart pots will give me a better root structure and get more air through the root ball. With a 60/40 mix of promix to perlite right now I'm watering every 3rd day and the plants are mostly dry, once I upgrade to the airpots or smart pots I'm guessing that the watering frequency will be up drastically so getting an automated watering system will save some serious labor add to the fact that I won't be crawling around on my hands and knee's and the dam cement floor and burning my ass on the bulbs . Not keen on getting crazy with ppk or total hydro but think I want to give some sort of auto watering system a shot. Hopefully I can get it set up with the right mixture of promix to perlite or grostones I can give my plants a complete fresh flood of nutrients daily, that would make the plants go banana's for sure.

Update

Update

So the battle continues with Mites, Powdery Mildew and yellowing leaves...what could have been has turned into a fight to get them to the end healthy enough to harvest and make some $.

Powdery mildew has absolutely gone to town on the King Kush, the F-bomb is quite resistant to the powdery mildew and hasn't really shown up on it but the Kings Kush just gets coated within 2 weeks after a Sulphur burn. It's gross shit, I hate it. Stupid clones arrived with Mites AND powdery mildew.....never again will I be naive enough to not go nuclear on clones from unknown source. Lesson learned.

I found this video by Cervantes talking about cleaning the PM off after harvest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jE7qzfgQs . Just dip them in some diluted H202 and it washes away. Eased my stresses quite a lot as I was getting concerned about not being able to use the Kings Kush.

And those resilient fuckin Mites showed they're ugly speckles again, this late in flower I hosed all the ladies down with Mighty Wash. Stuff works fantastic for anyone looking for a good organic Mite Killer. Used about 2 gallons of it, it only kills live mites and it has to make contact with them so I will never eradicate the problem but worked very well for me when I first realized I had mites. Mighty Wash decimated an absolute infestation, webs and all earlier this run. Saved about 20 plants. Mighty Wash then Forbid just before flip saved this crop, lasted 7 weeks before they showed up again.

The Yellowing thing I'm unsure about, its either Cal def or N def. I'm thinking it from just a general under fertalizing by me. I was focusing so hard on not over fertalizing that I'm pretty sure I under ferted. I thought 1.0 ec was concentrated enough but I have another room in flower that has started to show the same deficiencies, I've upped the EC to 1.2 - 1.6 depending on strain and it has really made a difference on some plants. I'm waiting to see if the yellowing continues now that I've upped the EC and I added Cal/mag so we'll see. I'll fucking rip my hair out if I get the yellowing leaves again. Ja Makin me crazy mon.

Since I found mites I basically ripped off any leaf that was dying for the most part. Really wanted to keep the leaves greener this round but obviously failed miserably. Crop should be good but lots of room for improvement.

Some fairly decent colas on the f-bomb. Typical dense Indica buds, first time with this strain, actually first time growing anything other than the Hash plant I grew before. All the bud is in the tops, the plant spends almost no energy is producing lower bud.

The King Kush. Probably be ditching this strain, unless its just a phenomenal smoke I don't see the point. Low yielding, stretchy and really susceptible to PM. I have Silver Kush going in my other room so if I keep a kush it will prob be that one.

This is in my other room. Looks like Cal def to me. Thoughts?