What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inside Out Trees, Silo Op, custom RDWC, water cooled

Ttystikk

There is no future to indoor cultivation my guess in a few years the real croppers will be doing multiple green house light dep and pulling multiple harvest and stupid numbers . in the summer months we will start 5000 plants in Feb
That is the real future
and relaxing on a beach in the winter months :)
only indoor growing will be in countries that are illegal

To the fellow who thought indoor farming has no future;

http://www.hortidaily.com/article/28784/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-Indoor-Farming

We are paving over or poisoning our planet. Where the fuck else are we gonna grow?

Ttystikk

Pulling down an average of a pound a plant- each of which takes up less than 6 sq ft of floor space.

Ho hum. Sorry to bore you.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
I'm busy converting my whole op to LED.

hey tystikk, great job on those monsters. could we get some more info on those LED's? ive tried in the past but i dont think the technology was there when i tried. they are looking better and better

Ttystikk

hey tystikk, great job on those monsters. could we get some more info on those LED's? ive tried in the past but i dont think the technology was there when i tried. they are looking better and better

I'm currently running modular light fixtures with Cree CXB3590 chips, 3500K. I run the KingBrite (sp?) 80 degree lenses, which helps focus emitted light onto the canopy.

I see the blurple hue in your avatar pic. That stuff was a disappointment, these COB LED lights are TOO strong, if anything! I'm currently running 4 225W modules per 6x4' trellis, I'm thinking of running only three and seeing what I get.

Truthful

Been looking into those COBs after replacing all the spiral CFLs in my home, they're brighter and the light is more intense. I think I'm knowledgeable enough to pull off a DIY build for my veg and, if I like it I'll try switching some over in the bloom room. Seems LEDs have finally caught up to HIDs.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
what have you done to me?? ive been digging into alibaba and those LEDs sourcing a list of all the parts and prices. may try to build my own unit here soon. thanks for the info!

Ttystikk

Been looking into those COBs after replacing all the spiral CFLs in my home, they're brighter and the light is more intense. I think I'm knowledgeable enough to pull off a DIY build for my veg and, if I like it I'll try switching some over in the bloom room. Seems LEDs have finally caught up to HIDs.

They've been better than HID for years. Now they're finally becoming cost competitive.

Link me in so I can watch, bro!

420ish

what have you done to me?? ive been digging into alibaba and those LEDs sourcing a list of all the parts and prices. may try to build my own unit here soon. thanks for the info!
rollitup has a much bigger and helpful led area.google growmau5.he has excellant videos on building lights.kingbrite at alibaba has packages.i just bought everything needed for 4 200 watt cxb3590 lights dimmable except the angle aluminium to make the frame for 1266 shipped

A

ahemait

As far as indoor, there's a company building out 800,000sq ft indoor greenhouse about an hour from me. All the medical in Canada must be done indoors.

Ttystikk

This should be good.

Attachments

• 20161208_105128.jpg
    20161208_105128.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 44

Ttystikk

My current upgrade project is SIPS style tubs. This should alleviate issues with growing big plants in only 5 gallon buckets full of substrate. I'm only pulling 24oz per plant at this point and I'm looking to get at least two pounders.

Truthful

Merry Xmas bro that's a nice fixture, how many watts? How many of those cobs would I need to light up an area that's 5 x 8?