What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

GreenAndFast

Make sure to give us a smoke report, there's very little reviews of the RSC Malawi Gold. Those buds look a bit scary though :ROFLMAO: I'll be growing this one next winter, those seeds have been sitting in my fridge for too long. I wonder how it compares to ACE's version. I know they're different lines altogether.
Another little smoke report after smoking a pure joint this time. Absolutely devastating, I like to go for a hike and have a joint at the same. Well, Malawi gold is definitely not a hike friendly cannabis 🤣. Walking basically like a crab, felt sunken into the floor with each step but the head buzz was great. Laughing and singing to myself. Glad I was alone as I would have looked demented otherwise lol

aliceklar

And to wrap up, the Afghan Mix who had the misfortune of being selected for my annual winter windowsill plant abuse project are starting to get smelly and sticky. Odors range from spray cleaner on the curled leaf weirdo to citrus and gas. It’s probably silly to try to guess which of the four mixed-up collections they might be, but I can say they aren’t much like the Balkhi repros I’ve previously tortured -

View attachment 18828653
View attachment 18828666 View attachment 18828667
View attachment 18828671
Your aghans are looking good! Great candidates for some windowsill stress testing. I agree its probably futile to try to sort them into their original groups - but still an exciting mix. When I grew them I found a similar mix of odors - I got some fuel phenos similar to yours, as well as some fruity and stinky/fermented smells. I found a shorter purple pheno too. Mine were similarly very resinous, but highly leafy and hard to trim - as expected for hash-plants. (more documented in the link in my sig)

Lebanizer

So I've just had another 3 volcano bags now at a slightly higher temp. But after two on 163 degrees this morning. Which initially had a very narcotic feeling cause me to sit down but once that subsided it got a lot more energetic and was dancing round the living room. Always a good sign for me. Neighbors must hate me as I'm an early riser lol. I'd say the buzz lasted 3+ hours. I haven't found it's ceiling yet, which is why I'm having 3 bags this time instead of two haha.
As for smells I will try my best, with food I can detect almost anything but with cannabis it's taking a bit longer. But I'll get there. Somi just opened the jar up and I'm mainly getting a vegetal smell (if anyone has any ideas on what sort of terpenes these could be, I'd love to hear your thoughts.) But I then rolled a bud between my hands and then smelt. Now it has a musty funky meaty smell with just the slightest sweetness coming through at the end. I imagine this will only improve as it ages. Hope that's of help @Lebanizer 🤌
Thanks Man !

Your description though doesn't really match Afropips original description : "The high is long lasting & has an enjoyable alert mental clarity coupled with a warm pleasant feeling that radiates throughout the body. "

I may be reading too much into your description (and the bud pics) but it feels like a very heavy duty, invloved possibly anxiogenic affair. The original description makes it sound like a very sort of super lush experience. The reason I'm a bit wary is because I'm still new to the African sativa world and my first experience with African genetics was a Mandala strain called 8 miles high, supposedly an African x Himalayan hybrid. Well it turned out to be the strangest and eeriest, most ominous cannabis experience of my life. Very sombre. I basically felt trapped in mental dark swamp of anxiety. The intoxication unfolded with a wave-like pattern as if I had taken shrooms. Not pleasant at all yet very strong. Seen from afar the Malawi Gold is possibly reminiscent of this. My other African experience was ACE's Ethiopean which was quite pleasant.

Further in the description it reads : "The unique tropical & luxuriant spicy Sativa up high can be attributed to the presence of THCV in this early cultivated strain.”

A different issue I wanted to raise since you're a Volcano user just like myself. I typically use the Volcano between thermostat 5.5 and 6.5. Thermostat 5 is 179°C and th. 6 is 190°C. THC boils at 157°C and CBD is between 160-180°C (strangely enough it's not clearly defined). But THCV on the other boils at... 220°C and thermostat 9 (the max) is 226°C. The consequence is that if you want to experience THCV you'll need to crank up the Volcano to its max ! An important aspect to bear in mind.

Last edited:

Lebanizer

Another little smoke report after smoking a pure joint this time. Absolutely devastating, I like to go for a hike and have a joint at the same. Well, Malawi gold is definitely not a hike friendly cannabis 🤣. Walking basically like a crab, felt sunken into the floor with each step but the head buzz was great. Laughing and singing to myself. Glad I was alone as I would have looked demented otherwise lol
This one sounds like a total blast :ROFLMAO:

GreenAndFast

It really is mate. @Lebanizer I will certainly try cranking the temp up tomorrow in the name of science. Also may explain why the pure joint had me on the moon haha. The reason I vape so low is pretty much to do with flavour and effect of high. I feel like the lower temps really give me the mood boost I need as I smoke from morning til night and find the flavour on the higher temps is not as good. All personal opinion you understand. But I have enough weed that it doesn't matter if I get all compounds out as I used the ABV in edible coconut butter 😉

Midbio

Wanted to put in my 2 cents in on TRSC's Afghaan 90. Have been smoking it regularly now for a couple years and continue to make pure seeds from it. Im currently smoking the 3rd generation and have the 4th right now in the tent getting ready to go outside. Really interesting strain, there's a distinct smell that is present in every single female I've grown of it, I describe it as chamomile but like a very musky version of chamomile. Effects are just as described on TRSC website, very much feel good pot, makes everything just feel alright and good with the world. There have been a few plants that have popped from this line that were absolutely dripping with resin, and were surprisingly potent compared to the others, but still with the no paranoia feel good effect. Sadly those stand out plants come and go as a I don't keep moms but they seem to pop up pretty regularly. Pictured below are some buds of my 2nd gen reproduction of the line

Attachments

• tempImagejA6K0H.png
    tempImagejA6K0H.png
    13 MB · Views: 99

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Wanted to put in my 2 cents in on TRSC's Afghaan 90.Effects are just as described on TRSC website, very much feel good pot, makes everything just feel alright and good with the world.
Thanks for posting this Midbio. I'm not normally an Indica fancier, but I can see the value of having one onhand., and you make it sound so nice

How strong is the odor factor?

Last edited:

Midbio

Thanks for posting this Midbio. I'm not normally an Indica fancier, but I can see the value of having one onhand., and you make it sound so nice

How strong is the odor factor?

Id say its more of a low odor plant, I've had plants outdoors that you don't smell until you bump into them. One interesting thing about the odor is that the chamomile smell I was describing only comes out after drying them, while in flower its more of a citrus type of smell

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Id say its more of a low odor plant, I've had plants outdoors that you don't smell until you bump into them. One interesting thing about the odor is that the chamomile smell I was describing only comes out after drying them, while in flower its more of a citrus type of smell
Thanks for that. I'm not put off by the perfume these plants can exhibit, but neighbors might not share the same affection for it that we have. :)
Hey Slim,

To complement Midbio's description I suggest you check out this thread too https://www.icmag.com/threads/rsc-afgaan-90.18123724/.
I actually read that thread, and it sealed the deal for me. I put in an order for it last night, and I don't typically make snap decisions.. :) :)

EnjoyingLife

I just ordered the Dakshinkali and Rasoli. Too many seeds not enough time. I looked in my stash and found I have Nepal seeds along with several other Himalayan lines from RSC. Pavarti, Nanda Devi, Kuamoni, Johaar are some others.

I do not make hash so that Dakshinkali hooked me into buying it.
Have you tried the Nanda Devi in flower form as you don't make hash? Have you tried the Dakshinkali?

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Nanda Devi is one I tried last season. It never even showed sex by late Oct. @Lebanizer told me that there are early maturing plants in there, but you have to select for them. I may buy another pack and do that next year.