What's new

[RSC] Afgaan 90

Lebanizer

Hi Guys,

I've created this thread so we can discuss this strain here as I couldn't find much info around.

Now I know it's not exactly a landrace proper, more a heirloom/IBL a la Deepchunk. I've myself sown 5 seeds (the dwarf broad leaflet variant), out of which 4 sprouted and only two made it so far. The other two died because of too extreme a weather (heatwave). They were sown quite late in the season, as I'm just testing them, so no desire for huge plants and crazy yield so far. If you've had some experience with it, by all means share with the group :) I'm most interested if people could post smoke reports, as the description of its effect on RSC website is certainly mouth watering : a sense of wellbeing and pleasant body effect (I recall the first description spoke of body tingles). I'm not usually an Afghan/Indica seeker but that one sounded too good to pass.

Brother Nature

I ran these a few years back, got 2 Phenos (as per the RSC description). Below is a link to the original grow journal, which included a smoke report for both of the plants. The there are a few photos in the thread and I'll paste the descriptions below too. I'd recommend this plant to anyone, she's great alone, but even better in a cross.

-----
Afghaan 90 #2 final report - Fat leaf 'traditional' looking Afghan

Afghaan 90 #2 final report

Overall this plant is pretty good, probably could have let her go a week longer but still happy with the end product, though she was a bitch to trim. She has a very 'classic' weed look, taste, and high to me, definitely different from a lot of the modern hybrids.

Yield for plant: 62g. Has the potential for a lot more, but she was only in a 2.7l pot and I didn't veg her that long or train her much. Would make an excellent sog plant.

Smell: Complex haha. It's hard to pinpoint, but I'd say it's mostly burnt rubber, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee and pine and a nice bit of sweet fruitiness to top it all off.

Taste: Very much coffee with a sweet fermented fruit like taste.

High: Very relaxing is the best way to put it. Just makes everything around you feel great, like nothing can go wrong in life. No ceiling I can find either, but also no anxiety when overindulging so that should be good for less seasoned smokers. Definitely induces munchies.

Music: It really doesn't focus me to any particular style, it makes everything just sound a little better.

-----

The other Afghaan 90 - Thin leaved, longer flower time.

The other Afghaan 90

Forgot to post the dried review of the other Afghaan 90. She went to 10 weeks before showing a decent amount of amber trichs, had very thin leaves for an Indica as well.

Yield for plant: 82g. She was very very leafy, but the nice, covered in trichs sort of leaf. Ended up with an additional 33g of very tasty looking trim, should be good for edibles.

Smell: After trimming she had a bit of a different smell. It's got a very fermented citrus smell to it, with a bit of burnt rubber, skunk, and herbs to it.

Taste: Very herbal, with a heavy hash feel to it.

High: Stronger than I expected. Easily as strong as the gg4 cross, but a very different high, very indica in nature, but also very clear and mellow, a good cerebral aspect to it too. No anxiety, makes you want to go for a walk in nature and when you do you appreciate things a little more, the grass is greener and the trees are happier.

Music: Makes pretty much any music better, been jamming bluegrass more with this strain.
-----

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
that's a nice smoke report, unfortunately had to ditch mine due to winter growing pains, Makes me keen to check it out again if they send those as freebies again next time....cheers @Brother Nature
that's interesting about the strength and being as strong or more so that the gg4 cut, especially because of the ceiling or lack of, I had sorta assumed that its a more sativa thing the no ceiling so for me that's exciting too. Informative. thanks

Lebanizer

A little bump for documentation sake :)

I ended up with 2 females. They grow, look and feel (and smell) like stereotypical dutch Indica. Like the embodiment of the prototype. Smell wise there was no heavy duty afghan funk per se but it was light although noticeable classic musky hash smell. Both females were quite ready by first week of October.

Effect wise, it was just like @Brother Nature 's first pheno, ie intense yet grounded sense of well being making whatever you do feel enjoyable and even pleasurable (including chores). Not suited for serious work but then I'd say that about cannabis in general so...
Overindulgence did bring some couch lock and munchies (both negatives for me) but tolerable. Absolutely no paranoia whatsoever. No confusion or cloudiness either. Lasts about 1h/1h30 at best.
My only disappontment was that I didn't get the warm body tingles Angus mentionned in the description but the sense of clear headed warm well being was certainly there and very pleasant. Quite suited for nothern winter days to go through dreaming away (In memoriam Manuel Göttsching)

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran

I ended up with 2 females. They grow, look and feel (and smell) like stereotypical dutch Indica. Like the embodiment of the prototype. Smell wise there was no heavy duty afghan funk per se but it was light although noticeable classic musky hash smell. Both females were quite ready by first week of October.

Effect wise, it was just like @Brother Nature 's first pheno, ie intense yet grounded sense of well being making whatever you do feel enjoyable and even pleasurable (including chores). Not suited for serious work but then I'd say that about cannabis in general so...
Overindulgence did bring some couch lock and munchies (both negatives for me) but tolerable. Absolutely no paranoia whatsoever. No confusion or cloudiness either. Lasts about 1h/1h30 at best.
My only disappontment was that I didn't get the warm body tingles Angus mentionned in the description but the sense of clear headed warm well being was certainly there and very pleasant. Quite suited for nothern winter days to go through dreaming away (In memoriam Manuel Göttsching)

Hey Lebanizer,
thanks for the review, can you elaborate the stereotypical dutch indica? What do you mean by that?

RobFromTX

I ran these a few years back, got 2 Phenos (as per the RSC description). Below is a link to the original grow journal, which included a smoke report for both of the plants. The there are a few photos in the thread and I'll paste the descriptions below too. I'd recommend this plant to anyone, she's great alone, but even better in a cross.

-----
Afghaan 90 #2 final report - Fat leaf 'traditional' looking Afghan

Afghaan 90 #2 final report

Overall this plant is pretty good, probably could have let her go a week longer but still happy with the end product, though she was a bitch to trim. She has a very 'classic' weed look, taste, and high to me, definitely different from a lot of the modern hybrids.

Yield for plant: 62g. Has the potential for a lot more, but she was only in a 2.7l pot and I didn't veg her that long or train her much. Would make an excellent sog plant.

Smell: Complex haha. It's hard to pinpoint, but I'd say it's mostly burnt rubber, dark chocolate, a bit of coffee and pine and a nice bit of sweet fruitiness to top it all off.

Taste: Very much coffee with a sweet fermented fruit like taste.

High: Very relaxing is the best way to put it. Just makes everything around you feel great, like nothing can go wrong in life. No ceiling I can find either, but also no anxiety when overindulging so that should be good for less seasoned smokers. Definitely induces munchies.

Music: It really doesn't focus me to any particular style, it makes everything just sound a little better.

-----

The other Afghaan 90 - Thin leaved, longer flower time.

The other Afghaan 90

Forgot to post the dried review of the other Afghaan 90. She went to 10 weeks before showing a decent amount of amber trichs, had very thin leaves for an Indica as well.

Yield for plant: 82g. She was very very leafy, but the nice, covered in trichs sort of leaf. Ended up with an additional 33g of very tasty looking trim, should be good for edibles.

Smell: After trimming she had a bit of a different smell. It's got a very fermented citrus smell to it, with a bit of burnt rubber, skunk, and herbs to it.

Taste: Very herbal, with a heavy hash feel to it.

High: Stronger than I expected. Easily as strong as the gg4 cross, but a very different high, very indica in nature, but also very clear and mellow, a good cerebral aspect to it too. No anxiety, makes you want to go for a walk in nature and when you do you appreciate things a little more, the grass is greener and the trees are happier.

Music: Makes pretty much any music better, been jamming bluegrass more with this strain.
-----
What a great grow journal. How many seeds did you pop to end up with those 2 beauties? just curious. I only bought a 5 pack and wondering if i should have got 10 instead. I plan to grow this later in the year though, along with friesland indica and deep chunk from trsc

RobFromTX

Sounds like a top notch grow :cool:

Brother Nature

What a great grow journal. How many seeds did you pop to end up with those 2 beauties? just curious. I only bought a 5 pack and wondering if i should have got 10 instead. I plan to grow this later in the year though, along with friesland indica and deep chunk from trsc
Hey mate, with the Afgaans, I dropped 4 and got those 2 females. I actually found the other 8 from the pack and will be running those with my next run, I want to find a good male out of them, I think it'll be a good breeder, the females definitely were. I got 12 all up, but cant remember if I got 2 extra or if I just ordered a 12 pack. The cindy had a less impressive f/m ratio, I only got one female of the 6 I put down, but that female was great and the 2 males I used for pollen have turned out some interesting shit from what I've crossed them with. Sadly, that result seems to vary and a few of the other guys who've tried the c99 from this forum hadn't had as good a luck. I'd love to try their Deep Chunk, ran one from Huba seeds and I stupidly didn't clone her, super low yield of some funky looking bud, but some of the most hard hitting smoke I've had in years, plus I had a major thrip problem with them so they could have been a lot better. I even had a lady friend around, whose a heavy smoker, she looked at the jar and scrunched her nose up and called it bush weed. So I ground some up, put it in the volcano, had her hit the balloon, she denied the second hit, and was passed out on the couch soon after.

RobFromTX

Hey mate, with the Afgaans, I dropped 4 and got those 2 females. I actually found the other 8 from the pack and will be running those with my next run, I want to find a good male out of them, I think it'll be a good breeder, the females definitely were. I got 12 all up, but cant remember if I got 2 extra or if I just ordered a 12 pack. The cindy had a less impressive f/m ratio, I only got one female of the 6 I put down, but that female was great and the 2 males I used for pollen have turned out some interesting shit from what I've crossed them with. Sadly, that result seems to vary and a few of the other guys who've tried the c99 from this forum hadn't had as good a luck. I'd love to try their Deep Chunk, ran one from Huba seeds and I stupidly didn't clone her, super low yield of some funky looking bud, but some of the most hard hitting smoke I've had in years, plus I had a major thrip problem with them so they could have been a lot better. I even had a lady friend around, whose a heavy smoker, she looked at the jar and scrunched her nose up and called it bush weed. So I ground some up, put it in the volcano, had her hit the balloon, she denied the second hit, and was passed out on the couch soon after.
couch crash! that sounds like deep chunk. It was never known for good yields but the smoke quality makes up for it

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
couch crash! that sounds like deep chunk. It was never known for good yields but the smoke quality makes up for it

Real deep chunk is a massive yielder when grown in a low light environment or on the sidelines. Thats what Tom bred it for, to yield well in shady areas to hide away from the choppers. I'm literally talking lbs difference in shade vs normal lighting. I know it doesn't sound right, but it's true.

need4weed

Veteran
I'm not buying that, when I grew it, it was a super slow plant, took like 6 weeks to get 12 inches tall. Yielded a few grams

Latest posts

Latest posts