What's new

Incredible Results: Dyna Gro recipe

TLoft13

Hey Cannabomber,
Loving this thread - subbed.
I too would be interested in a UK supplier of Dyna Grow. Your comment about 'quality' nutes being of importance rings loud and true to me.
Have you had any experience with other methods of stimulating trich growth and the cascade of VOC's? Like Gibb & Chitosan spraying?
I have a real interest in this field and have tried a little 'mechanical wounding' to elicit this response. However, I also know that too much of any type of stress can hermie my crop & I can't afford to lose it. So I was hoping someone else had tried this approach before and could share their experiences?
Great thread brother -happy growing :tiphat:
http://orchidaccessories.co.uk/catalog/index.php

willfargo

I used this schedule and recipe for a week without the kelp in my RDWC set up just fine. I added the kelp and the next day I had a BAD case of root slime even with my ewc tea running. Anyone else had this problem?

Theophilus

I don't think I can add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said. I'm glad I learned about DynaGro after I knew what was really important to me and my plants (ease of use, cost, performance, pH stability, mineral content, etc), otherwise I'd have probably given it up due to operator error and the lack of cartoons on the labels ;).

Hydro:

[URL=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3995/4948.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Promix:

[URL=http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8732/5762.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/310/6266s.jpg]View Image[/URL]

What do you think about the suggestion at the beginning of this thread to use fish emulsion or kelp along with Dyna Gro? Beneficial or unnecessary?

Homebrewer

Veteran
What do you think about the suggestion at the beginning of this thread to use fish emulsion or kelp along with Dyna Gro? Beneficial or unnecessary?

Clean sources in hydro can 'help' but I have not found much benefit in promix. That holds true regardless of the plant food.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
if you want to hear what the sales reps and dave from dynagrow think of dynagrow read this thread from start to finish.

i am not saying that everyone in this thread is a plant but just notice that the original poster gets scolded and then gets banned for coming on under different names. has a little too much chemistry knowlege for a person whos buying nutes. like they maybe work as an agronomist or on plant nutrient formulations. then suddenly a a bunch of people who just joined right then also jump in to reiterate the same line. then a few legit and curious people drop in and ask questions to be answered by industry proven selling points all more than adequately addressed and verified.

" Well im am just using it because of a few personal reasons, like i dunno, yield, mineral nutrition, ease of use, product flavor, and potency all for a great price. but thas just me. maybe youre looking for something different."

mmmhmmmm so all you really well versed newbies joined yesterday and have posted no more than 10 posts and it was all about breaking down nutrient solubility molecular wieght principals and the knowlege that could land you a job at the extension service as a consulting agronimist.
truth is that folks like that dont buy nutrients. they buy a few 20 dollar sacks of mpk mak amonium nitrate, mix of soluable micro nutrients, and some calnitrate and a sack of epsom salt. plus some other relatively cheap 50 # sacks of salts. boom enough feed for a trained agronomy nerd to grow thousands of pounds for a few hundred bucks. they wouldnt pay dyna grow to sell it to them in a bottle, join the forum and rant about how their knowlege of chemical nutrients in hydro is leading them to believve this is an awesome formula. only to never post again.

dont be rubes this is an ifomercial. not everybody but it looks like 90% of the postsand posters are plants.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
all that said, i think this is possibly a really good formula in the right hands. but this is shameless. i clicked on this thread because i liked the formula. im not a trained agronamist and i was looking for a one part. then i saw this i thought id read it, this is insulting. makes me want to never admit to using the product even if it works great and becomes the only thing i use ill never plug it on this site. its not cheap by the way calculate the cost yourself. compare to a few other really cheap simple line ups and youll see.

all that said, i think this is possibly a really good formula in the right hands. but this is shameless. i clicked on this thread because i liked the formula. im not a trained agronamist and i was looking for a one part. then i saw this i thought id read it, this is insulting. makes me want to never admit to using the product even if it works great and becomes the only thing i use ill never plug it on this site. its not cheap by the way calculate the cost yourself. compare to a few other really cheap simple line ups and youll see.

sound like a hater to me man. whats the purpose of your post? Dynagrow works. Period.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

Cannabomber is the icmagger who started this thread and he only has 11 posts so far, and is banned as well. was he a shill for dynagro? who knows. dynagro caters to orchid growers primarily, i think, but any company would be interested in expanding sales.

i think you could duplicate the results of dynagro by mixing salts, but only large growers would want to buy 50lb bags of salts at a time. for hobby growers i think you can buy 1 or 5lb bags of salts off ebay or online. lots of people dont want to mess with mixing up their own powder nutes, for fear of messing it up or having to tweak it, resulting in an unhappy gadren. Plus a hobby grower usually has no issue spending 100-200 bucks for nutes (a few bottles of dynagro prducts wouldnt cost more than that). mixing salts is good if you want to spend 10-20 bucks for nutes, but the benefit of this is more realized in truly large scale operations, where you could save thousands by mixing your own.
for most hobbyists, dynagrow is plenty sufficient, equal to or better than the other nutes on the market in regards to quality, strength and price.

Dyna Gro has been around a long time and has lots of business so I doubt they would spam a message board for free advertising. I know a few people in the orchid business and they use Dyna Gro because it works well and is super concentrated. They use Dyna Gro Grow for everything FTR.

I still use Foliage Pro as my veg nutrient. A gallon lasts forever compared to most fertilizers because I rarely need to feed over 2 ml/gallon with it, unless a plant is root bound. I grow in promix hp or similar peat based mediums.

At a certain point the "brand x is cheaper and better" argument gets comical. Unless you have a HUGE grow I don't see how using Jacks or whatever else would save you much money over Dyna Gro. I've tried many brands and most of them turn out the same or very similar. I never had much luck with Dyna Gro and RO (always a mg deficiency without a supplement) but the stuff works great with my tap water (as does Pureblend Pro series). I only get the mg deficiency in flower, not veg.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
ok so yeah i mean jacks is better and cheap if .....you dont mind adding two ingredients.
it does need a little tweak but not much and its high quality hydro nutes for a fraction of the price.
there does seem to be a bit of this company trying to get free cannabis rep. i think it may have to do more with not wanting to come out and advertise directly to cannabis growers for reasons to do with image and being tainted in the ag industry for illegal business associations. but thats a guess. i have no inside knowledge of how they operate. im basing this off reading this ridiculous thread.
i think dynagrow is probably a really nice line from which to build a versatile program for our needs. easily.but this is a weird way to get the message out.
im guessing theyve abandoned this style of marketing because i heard a really good interview with the owner making a really good case for his product line in regards to cannabis. its actually the reason i came to read this.
i was just really taken aback by the blatant shill campaign it was when i read it.
i have nothing bad to say about the nutes other than i would argue they arent cheaper than the other established 1-2 part simple lines we all know about.. but between their three lines i am certai from what ive learned you could make a killer nute program using no more than a couple bottles at a time. but thats also true with several lines.
im hardly hating. just calling out the misrepresentation from the marketing folks at dynagrow. if you arent seeing this than i got a few bootles of shit thatll increase your yields by 10% that id like to sell you.

Homebrewer

Veteran
ok so yeah i mean jacks is better and cheap if .....you dont mind adding two ingredients.
it does need a little tweak but not much and its high quality hydro nutes for a fraction of the price.
there does seem to be a bit of this company trying to get free cannabis rep. i think it may have to do more with not wanting to come out and advertise directly to cannabis growers for reasons to do with image and being tainted in the ag industry for illegal business associations. but thats a guess. i have no inside knowledge of how they operate. im basing this off reading this ridiculous thread.
i think dynagrow is probably a really nice line from which to build a versatile program for our needs. easily.but this is a weird way to get the message out.
im guessing theyve abandoned this style of marketing because i heard a really good interview with the owner making a really good case for his product line in regards to cannabis. its actually the reason i came to read this.
i was just really taken aback by the blatant shill campaign it was when i read it.
i have nothing bad to say about the nutes other than i would argue they arent cheaper than the other established 1-2 part simple lines we all know about.. but between their three lines i am certai from what ive learned you could make a killer nute program using no more than a couple bottles at a time. but thats also true with several lines.
im hardly hating. just calling out the misrepresentation from the marketing folks at dynagrow. if you arent seeing this than i got a few bootles of shit thatll increase your yields by 10% that id like to sell you.

Make your argument then.

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
I have to admit that the first 3 pages were more than enough to spot the hucksters.
So yes, I skipped to the last page.

But in case no one brought it up, Dyna line has serious problems.
I used DG and DB in soil, coco, and DWC for years and was happy with the results.
However I'm a small medical grow so my needs are meager.

About half way through my first quart of DG I shook the container, and it rattled!
Even tightly sealed, it had precipitated out some solids.

Bought a fresh quart, and diluted it with distilled water.
Made two quarts out of one and then use twice the volume when I add it.

Sounded like a good plan at the time.
But in 4 months both the bottles had the rattles.
Enough!

Now I use Captain Jacks dry ferts.
Their new hydro fert appears to be exceptional so far.
As good, or better than Dyna but it keeps for a long time.
IF, and that's a big if, you keep it tightly sealed.
If not, it will absorb water from the air to the point that it become a liquid.

Other that that, I'm quite pleased with the ease of use, and the results
Pinky.jpg

2 cents.

Aloha,
Weeze

I have to admit that the first 3 pages were more than enough to spot the hucksters.
So yes, I skipped to the last page.

But in case no one brought it up, Dyna line has serious problems.
I used DG and DB in soil, coco, and DWC for years and was happy with the results.
However I'm a small medical grow so my needs are meager.

About half way through my first quart of DG I shook the container, and it rattled!
Even tightly sealed, it had precipitated out some solids.

Bought a fresh quart, and diluted it with distilled water.
Made two quarts out of one and then use twice the volume when I add it.

Sounded like a good plan at the time.
But in 4 months both the bottles had the rattles.
Enough!

Now I use Captain Jacks dry ferts.
Their new hydro fert appears to be exceptional so far.
As good, or better than Dyna but it keeps for a long time.
IF, and that's a big if, you keep it tightly sealed.
If not, it will absorb water from the air to the point that it become a liquid.

Other that that, I'm quite pleased with the ease of use, and the results
View attachment 289057

2 cents.

Aloha,
Weeze

Only had that settling issue with Dyna Bloom 1x. I never liked the Bloom as much as the Foliage Pro anyway so ill skip it.

Latest posts

Latest posts