What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Incredible Results: Dyna Gro recipe

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
maxibloom is the shit for that then. lol. its stable enough and it works with no additives perfectly. add maxi grow to the quiver and you can fine tune veg vs bloom but maxibloom will work throughout til end but i think it is better to use maxigrow during veg but it isnt necessary.
that stuff is really good but keep it sealed and dry. use a dispensable ammount in a jar so no accidents leave yo with wet bucket of salt. it kinda ruins it in my opinion when it takes on air moisture. it attracts it so watch out. sealed for real.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
dynagrow would be a lot more water to haul. might as well bring it in in salt form in a bag in a jar or bucket, in a cool dark dry spot.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
maxibloom is the shit for that then. lol. its stable enough and it works with no additives perfectly. add maxi grow to the quiver and you can fine tune veg vs bloom but maxibloom will work throughout til end but i think it is better to use maxigrow during veg but it isnt necessary.
that stuff is really good but keep it sealed and dry. use a dispensable ammount in a jar so no accidents leave yo with wet bucket of salt. it kinda ruins it in my opinion when it takes on air moisture. it attracts it so watch out. sealed for real.
i agree with using the MG in veg and first week or so of flower then switch to bloom. i was thinking about that with getting it wet. bc if i get stuck out in the bush with it and it gets wet them im fucked for sure. i will just take out what im gonna use for that day of feeding in a ziplock bag.
dynagrow would be a lot more water to haul. might as well bring it in in salt form in a bag in a jar or bucket, in a cool dark dry spot.
lol yea im gonna do 2 autos here at the house and keep them in the shed and move them in and out ever day. i will use the dyna on those just to see how they turn out. i have never ran autos before and i got 2 as freebies with my packs of seeds i got from seedsman earlier this year. i got pandora auto when i bought my pack of delahaze and also got a freebie mephisto genetics fatsoma express. i was gonna order a 3 pack of auto mazar from dutch passion but once i got these freebies i said hell thats good enuff to test out and see how they work. it will be nice to get some fresh homegrown in around 1st week in july. hoping i can get at least 1 oz dry off each. they will be babied for sure lol

SamsonsRiddle

DG's bloom doesn't contain enough N to keep the leave intact which is why I like to use some 'grow' or foliage pro with bloom in hydro to keep those leaves green. If you're in coco or promix, DG's grow or foliage pro is what you want to use from start to finish. Any plant food with a similar NPK ratio will do the exact same thing.

lol, another site and still this same question answered 10,000 times. I hope you have this set up on your computer as a macro.

i'll go ahead and ask the other question, because i can't seem to find it:
When you say some grow or foliage pro, what kind of ratio are we talking about here? I'm in dwc.

SamsonsRiddle

oh yeah, you still using mag-pro, flora+, and GW? I'm thinking about using Dutch Master Gold instead of GW, would FP+ be effected?

Homebrewer

Veteran
lol, another site and still this same question answered 10,000 times. I hope you have this set up on your computer as a macro.

When you say some grow or foliage pro, what kind of ratio are we talking about here? I'm in dwc.

For flower you don't need much of either Grow or Foliage pro (along with bloom of course) to keep your plants green. Experiment. Maybe start with 25/75 and tweak from there?

I don't use Magpro anymore but I do like Flora+ and GW. Beneficial but not required.

According to the new feeding chart for recirculating they recommend 10 ml/gallon Foliage Pro and 5ml/gallon bloom in week 1 of flower, then 5 ml/gallon foliage pro and 10 ml/gallon bloom in weeks 2, 3 ,4 and 5 and then 10 ml/ bloom only until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 2.5 gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

For drain to waste they recommend 2.5 ml/foliage pro and 5 ml/gallon bloom for weeks 1,2,3,4 and 5 and then 10 ml/gallon bloom until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 2.5 ml/gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

For soil they recommend 2.5 ml/gallon foliage pro and 2.5 ml/gallon bloom in weeks 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 and then 5 ml/ gallon bloom until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 1.25ml/gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

SamsonsRiddle

According to the new feeding chart for recirculating they recommend 10 ml/gallon Foliage Pro and 5ml/gallon bloom in week 1 of flower, then 5 ml/gallon foliage pro and 10 ml/gallon bloom in weeks 2, 3 ,4 and 5 and then 10 ml/ bloom only until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 2.5 gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

For drain to waste they recommend 2.5 ml/foliage pro and 5 ml/gallon bloom for weeks 1,2,3,4 and 5 and then 10 ml/gallon bloom until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 2.5 ml/gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

For soil they recommend 2.5 ml/gallon foliage pro and 2.5 ml/gallon bloom in weeks 1, 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 and then 5 ml/ gallon bloom until flush. It recommends 5 ml/gallon protekt and 1.25ml/gallon magpro from week 1 to flush.

their soil is ok, dtw is ok, so i'm assuming their hydro is ok. at least they tried.

SamsonsRiddle

For flower you don't need much of either Grow or Foliage pro (along with bloom of course) to keep your plants green. Experiment. Maybe start with 25/75 and tweak from there?

I don't use Magpro anymore but I do like Flora+ and GW. Beneficial but not required.
I'm starting week 1 so i'm going to use a 50/50 of FP/B since they look light green. I'm not sure if it's the led or just the ph swings. I added bleach and took out Floralicious Plus due to the reaction between bleach and fulvic/humics.

does this make sense? oh yeah, 2 much plant and too little water.

Homebrewer

Veteran
I'm starting week 1 so i'm going to use a 50/50 of FP/B since they look light green. I'm not sure if it's the led or just the ph swings. I added bleach and took out Floralicious Plus due to the reaction between bleach and fulvic/humics.

does this make sense? oh yeah, 2 much plant and too little water.

You should not be making nutritional decisions about your plants under colored spectrums. Go in at night and take pictures.

SamsonsRiddle

You should not be making nutritional decisions about your plants under colored spectrums. Go in at night and take pictures.

I'm sorry, i should have been more clear. I wasn't sure if i had my led too close and it was bleaching it out.

Here's a nutritional question:
During the transition period, I know the plant uses a lot of nitrogen and a lack of nitrogen can cause stretching. Would it be better to keep my mix of Foliage Pro to Bloom closer to 50/50 or one way or the other?

Homebrewer

Veteran
I'm sorry, i should have been more clear. I wasn't sure if i had my led too close and it was bleaching it out.

Here's a nutritional question:
During the transition period, I know the plant uses a lot of nitrogen and a lack of nitrogen can cause stretching. Would it be better to keep my mix of Foliage Pro to Bloom closer to 50/50 or one way or the other?

50/50 is fine but in my flood-and-drain system that's more foliage pro than needed. You only really need enough Grow or Foliage Pro to keep the plants green and it doesn't take much considering Bloom already has some N. Too much N in flower in hydro can result in overly leafy and branchy plants. Just keep that in mind.

SamsonsRiddle

50/50 is fine but in my flood-and-drain system that's more foliage pro than needed. You only really need enough Grow or Foliage Pro to keep the plants green and it doesn't take much considering Bloom already has some N. Too much N in flower in hydro can result in overly leafy and branchy plants. Just keep that in mind.
Thanks for the quick replies and letting me know more about what too much N can do for a flowering plant.

I'm going to start moving towards a more 25/75 gradually, and will let post the results.

Lesterburnum

Man. I've been using canna for years.
I tried one girl going through my perpetual system. Half way through flower I changed everything from babies on, to the fp.
Almost to week 7 using only protek and fp. Unbelievably balanced diet!!!

I'll drop fp to half and use a bloom booster for two weeks then flush.

But so far ... Fp is the shit!!! So glad I tried it. You only use 4 ml A gallon and its dirt cheap!!! Just saved hundreds a month.

I'm in coco dtw btw.

SamsonsRiddle

Right now i am using a ratio of .5/4.5 ratio of Foliage Pro to Bloom and it's kicking ass. I am also throwing in 2-4ml of Protekt and some PH up every day to combat the drop i get each day.

I suppose everyone was right when they said you shouldn't transplant a soil plant into a hydro system, or use two different strains in a single reservoir, and to make sure you have enough water per plant, etc, etc... All in all, this is one of my best looking grows.

gmanwho

Veteran
Picked up 2 larger clones in one gal pots from a buddy few weeks ago. placed them in my tray. was dumbfounded how green an healthy the 2 new mothers where. turns out he was using dyna-gro grow in coco,dtw. when i took clones i could feel the velvet/soft texture of the healthy stems. the extra wax's. the smells from the plant where above normal. so i bought 2 gal of the dyna-gro grow. within 10 days my plants where almost as healthy as the new comers. going to run some in the larger rooms...

currently coming off jacks & cal nit ratios. also trying veg+bloom. but dyna-gro has a place!! i was looking for larger 5 gal prices an saw that the same mfg started a rebrand of their product.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Picked up 2 larger clones in one gal pots from a buddy few weeks ago. placed them in my tray. was dumbfounded how green an healthy the 2 new mothers where. turns out he was using dyna-gro grow in coco,dtw. when i took clones i could feel the velvet/soft texture of the healthy stems. the extra wax's. the smells from the plant where above normal. so i bought 2 gal of the dyna-gro grow. within 10 days my plants where almost as healthy as the new comers. going to run some in the larger rooms...

currently coming off jacks & cal nit ratios. also trying veg+bloom. but dyna-gro has a place!! i was looking for larger 5 gal prices an saw that the same mfg started a rebrand of their product.

Gman, Ive been using the Grow for close to a year now I think, and I second everything you said. It works amazingly well at producing some of the lushest prettiest plants you'll ever grow.

MJINC

Are the results people are getting more then making up for the higher pricing? I was looking at it and it's double some of the other brands I've seen on the market.