What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Incredible Results: Dyna Gro recipe

Theophilus

HB, do you recommend using MagPro in containers such as coco for instance? Will it provide any aesthetic value? If so, how do suggest it be used? Thank you.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
not trying to hate but yall asked.
im using the pro foliage atm moment for rez top offs and small batch nutes preparations. im gonna check out the bloom and grow and play with calc it out for mixing for different effects. sorry i had to call the shill but enough of that ill keep it to efficacy because thats all any of us give two shits about. ill report back. doing a micro grow (1 or 2 k closet grow) for a reversed male 2 female pheno hunt. soon. selection for a breeder stud.

Homebrewer

Veteran
HB, do you recommend using MagPro in containers such as coco for instance? Will it provide any aesthetic value? If so, how do suggest it be used? Thank you.

IME, high phosphorus bottles like magpro or DG's Bloom have no business in containers. That being said, I don't know what bottles you're currently using so maybe magpro could add some balance? In that event, it's potent stuff and 1ml/gal should be plenty.

its more exspensive than the mb salt to use. mb works. they are both easy one parts that work really well for most people. .

What is mb salt?

its more exspensive than the mb salt to use. mb works. they are both easy one parts that work really well for most people. .

I don't know about that. When you take a 50gal res and try to make it 1.8ec it takes a shitload of maxibloom (3/4 cup style) and only about 120ml of Dyna.

For the record I have 3 rooms running right now, 1 is all Maxi, 2 are all Foliage Pro. All are neck and neck. I love Maxi. The only downside is dealing with powders and the agitation required.

Homebrewer

Veteran
I don't know about that. When you take a 50gal res and try to make it 1.8ec it takes a shitload of maxibloom (3/4 cup style) and only about 120ml of Dyna.

Dry foods are usually cheaper but with that being said, the only way to know for sure is to find out how much product is needed to achieve a particular EC/ppm and then figure out how much that dose costs you.

I, for one, don't love the weighing and mixing of dry foods. In that regards, my time is worth something to me.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Dry foods are usually cheaper but with that being said, the only way to know for sure is to find out how much product is needed to achieve a particular EC/ppm and then figure out how much that dose costs you.

I, for one, don't love the weighing and mixing of dry foods. In that regards, my time is worth something to me.

i would tend to agree and if i had as much trouble with salts precipitating and not dissolving as others i would not use it either.
i just scoop in by eye and dissolve in a cup of water and pour in. works great. never an issue and feels almost as easy as liquid. im not here for no reason though i am interested in dynagrow and was honestly really intrigued by daves interview on that show. he made a ton of sense. im a recent convert to hydro nutes and im pretty adverse to all the combo snake oils out there and am trying to learn how to mix my own salts. part of that is trying to figure out what i like in a nutrient. im interested in trying to figure out out to utilize p k boosting to stack flowers and slow stretch in that critical 2nd week without yellowing out the foliage. its a dance for me as im pretty new. im fairly good results but am trying to get up yield .
in my higher n formula i get great green healthy foliage throughout the cycle but the stretch period is off the chain and stack is less desireable/
with my mb lower "n" formula its great stack less stretch but yellowing comes really easy in the stretch phase if i dont really push the ec. my next round im going to play with a veg profile through week one and upping p.k. in week two to increase stack. i might try mgrow then switch to mbloom week two or possibly a mix and phase into pure mbloom.
are any of you all use the three parts to achieve these types of effect with dynagrow and if so how,
it looks as though the three parts could make this pretty dooable by doing varios ratios of mixing the three depending.

IME, high phosphorus bottles like magpro or DG's Bloom have no business in containers. That being said, I don't know what bottles you're currently using so maybe magpro could add some balance? In that event, it's potent stuff and 1ml/gal should be plenty.

Those high phosphorous fertilizers work amazing with my tap water FTR. I can do start to finish with DynaGro Bloom or PBP bloom for soil plus Hydroplex. My tap is very hard and alkaline. The tap does effect the final product even though it grows better. I run two rooms, one is tap and one is RO so I've compared the difference many times.

I use RO water because the end product burns better and cleaner and neither of those high phosphorous fertilizers works well with it. My best flowering plants with DynaGro were fed Foliage Pro with some Hydroplex in promix HP.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
very interesting read here..this thread is over 4yr old! is dyna-foliar pro & Dyna bloom fine to use in guerilla growing? i see alot talking about hydro so wanted to be sure..thanks Ic

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
very interesting read here..this thread is over 4yr old! is dyna-foliar pro & Dyna bloom fine to use in guerilla growing? i see alot talking about hydro so wanted to be sure..thanks Ic

any complete base nute formula would be fine. almost any you use although they are going to be an a & B combo. this one is a single bottle formula that has the cal in the same bottle. unusual. it works. its good. its what it is, an expensive way to feed plants like any canabis industry specific nute. if you want to save money by an inexpensive base salt blend. itll work the same but youll have to dissolve it.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
any complete base nute formula would be fine. almost any you use although they are going to be an a & B combo. this one is a single bottle formula that has the cal in the same bottle. unusual. it works. its good. its what it is, an expensive way to feed plants like any canabis industry specific nute. if you want to save money by an inexpensive base salt blend. itll work the same but youll have to dissolve it.

i picked up 4.4 pounds of maxi gro and maxi bloom off ebay for 30$ shipped..my bottle of FP has that rock sound shit in the bottom of it now. im gonna hold off on the dyna this year. i figured ease of action and packing the nutes to the plots would be easier then carrying a extra gallon of water which is heavy as fk when ur climbing hills lol. since i only do 20 plants a year cost really isnt a issue for me. i'll make it all back off 1 plant anyways. the things i was looking for in a nute was ease of action and effect. i had been running miracle grow in veg and greenlight bloom booster in flower with great results past few years,but i also felt there was something a bit better out there so we will see how these 2 nutes do this year. i need to do more research on dyna as to why they have solution falling out

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
You can't go wrong at all with those two bass salts honestly as far as plant health goes. Mg in veg and stretch then switch of blend as it clusters and switch over. For the rest of bloom til flush. The only thing you gotta figure out is how strong they like it. Works great.

waveguide

Veteran
got any hints on how to tell? i switched to dyna-gro bloom last grow. fattest buds ever on some plants, others all responded the same - all the leaves turned paper thin yellow and died, at like 2 weeks into flower, from one feed (seen that on three occasions). i have a tiny ass garden so tiny measurements, big margin for error, true.

Homebrewer

Veteran
got any hints on how to tell? i switched to dyna-gro bloom last grow. fattest buds ever on some plants, others all responded the same - all the leaves turned paper thin yellow and died, at like 2 weeks into flower, from one feed (seen that on three occasions). i have a tiny ass garden so tiny measurements, big margin for error, true.

DG's bloom doesn't contain enough N to keep the leave intact which is why I like to use some 'grow' or foliage pro with bloom in hydro to keep those leaves green. If you're in coco or promix, DG's grow or foliage pro is what you want to use from start to finish. Any plant food with a similar NPK ratio will do the exact same thing.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
You can't go wrong at all with those two bass salts honestly as far as plant health goes. Mg in veg and stretch then switch of blend as it clusters and switch over. For the rest of bloom til flush. The only thing you gotta figure out is how strong they like it. Works great.

ya man looking forward to trying it out. i had been using ole walmart brand nutes for past 4 years. i grew some damn good buds with it but the only problem was my plants was never healthy as the ones i have seen on here with the waxy,glossy looking leaves. i knew then that i wasnt getting my plants to their full potential. im not in to carrying 15 different things out to the bush and mix this and that along with trying to check ph and all that. i like to dump and go, get in and out as fast as possible.