What's new

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have left a visitor message and a couple of private messages for BOG pertaining to Monkey Paw, and he has not responded to any of those attempts...

dank.Frank

C

csedge

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Got another bag of monkey paw yesterday, kind of weird but the people who grow are still growing it out even tho its got seeds, heres a picture of the bud with seeds. Great weed if it isnt real deal paw but im happy cuz i didnt take a cut off the last ones so i got around 10 new seeds to play with this time and find a keeper hopefuly

C

csedge

n from the last grow i can deffinitly say this paw is way more stash then yield i got 13 grams dry bud but deffinitly the densest bud ive grown so far

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
StrainMan,

Could you tell use more - scents, aromas, flavors, taste you got when you did that report on Monkey Paw?

dank.Frank

bericus

I'm with U on the Monkey Paw

I'm with U on the Monkey Paw

I was wondering 2 what happened 2 the strain also cause that shit was way stronger than alot of this so called top notch weed from the west coast cause I come from Detroit, MI & a Arab on Dexter & Richton at the liquor store used 2 sell a dime bag 4 $100 the weed use 2 look like some dirt weed brownish black a joint used 2 have your ass out of it abt 6 to 8 good puffs & U got 2 put that shit out, I tell my nephews that the stuff they be smokin' in a blunt like kush, they ass would've been in the hospital cause every time U hit Monkey Paw your ass choked, I also been searching for the true Colombian Red/ Panama Red were the bud was Red no green no where & I mean dark red like the purple strains & the real Colombian Gold where the buds was dark & golden no green & real chocolate thai that was dark brown & was sticky like molasses :smokey:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I was wondering 2 what happened 2 the strain also cause that shit was way stronger than alot of this so called top notch weed from the west coast cause I come from Detroit, MI & a Arab on Dexter & Richton at the liquor store used 2 sell a dime bag 4 $100 the weed use 2 look like some dirt weed brownish black a joint used 2 have your ass out of it abt 6 to 8 good puffs & U got 2 put that shit out, I tell my nephews that the stuff they be smokin' in a blunt like kush, they ass would've been in the hospital cause every time U hit Monkey Paw your ass choked, I also been searching for the true Colombian Red/ Panama Red were the bud was Red no green no where & I mean dark red like the purple strains & the real Colombian Gold where the buds was dark & golden no green & real chocolate thai that was dark brown & was sticky like molasses :smokey:

hahahah - great descriptions of an era gone...!!

How about that "Red Bud," as we used to call it.. All the little white seeds. Caramel flavour.. 40USD/z.

Also The "Gold," or 'Yellow," we used to say with reverence... Probably so bright gold colored due to a sun-drying... The flavour was heavenly. The High, sunny and happy...

Monkey Paw was a great sticky loose Thai (or some other SE Asia Cty) weed, back then. Whenever I am in Amsterdam, I look in the SHops for real Thai weed. Hard to find anymore - it is often Jamaican...

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
there's a few 'monkey paw' pics in a review I did (unfortunately the nugs were severely mistreated, but still show an amazing glaze). How do those pics compare?

'Monkey Paw' and a few others

This looks exactly like the Monkey Paw we used to pay $8 a gram from 1980 to 1985 in Troy, MI. I toked on a few of my Top 5 All-Timers during that stretch, including 4 that I saw mentioned earlier in this thread... Thai Weed, Puna Bud and Redbud (which I believe came from Panama). The Road Kill Skunk was called "Mert Skunk" or "Chucky Skunk" and it was outstanding. I also remember huffing Rainbow Bud. Man the Thai Weed was UNREAL, the best of the bunch imho :D

1. Thai Weed
2. Redbud
3. Monkey Paw
4. Puna Bud
5. Skunk
6. Rainbow Bud

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually, in the process of hunting down Monkey Paw....still.....but the hunt did lead me to a very fortunate discovery. One of the individuals I have spoken with about MP, does in fact still have some seeds he collected from the early 70's batches of Colombian Gold. I have yet to sort through any of the seeds to even check germ ratios, but the up side is that they have been properly stored...so, I am excited about the unique opportunity to sort some super old skool genetics...

But...alas...still no Monkey Paw...

dank.Frank

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Hi DF... I remember the Colombian Gold well from that 80-85 stretch as well. The flavor was outstanding, just like the Blond Hash that was circulating for $6 a gram, but the high or expansion rates weren't in the same boat with Monkey Paw ~

E X P A N D O

Beezie

I was told it is a nl#5 pheno I think 5 maybe 1. The nl was originaly a mi strain. That's what I was told the monkey paw is a nl. But it makes sence becouse nl is from mi.

jburns

got some nuggs in pontiac 1 time, dude kept callin it monkey paw. i remember the smell as a spicey watermelon. the nugs looked like stargazer. super tight dense spiral. probably the nicest looking bag i ever had before the med scene. no seeds. the high i dont remember.

C

coxswain

2 years and nothing yet? Cmon people. Somebody gotta know someone with beans for DF.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAHAHA...I'd love to see a keeper clone that has been held all these years, honestly. That is what would really suit my fancy!

dank.Frank

nail

im currently in michigan and i have been on the search for this strain thank you very much for this thread and i would love to know if anyone finds more info :ying:

OGShush

About 3 years ago, an old friend received an alleged monkey paw clone. This is in the Saginaw Bay area of Michigan. It was grown outdoors put out late around the end of June. The plant was done around the third week of September. Yield was phenomenal, smaller buds, rock hard. After a 3 month+ cure it had a silver and red appearance. I had one guy try to convince me it wasn't real pot lol. The taste was slightly fruity and menthol. Somewhat difficult to describe, but hard to forget. The smoke was impossibly smooth going in and just a beast going out. It's still around look hard

Stoneagehero

Late 80's-early 90's Monkeypaw and Catpiss were the 2 name 'brands' everyone wanted. I remember the smoke being very similar to NL that was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts