What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DryNobBob

lighter green, many darker hairs, airy sort of longer buds, seemed to me they had been inbreedingit for years, I think thats what made it weak to me. Had s soft touch to the buds, I know that sounds crazy, maybe it was some of the airiness. My slang meant these boys take everybit of that shit and sell n St Lou and KC, but I don't know what they call it up there to sell, you know how the cities are. It was a decent sat buzz, but I was expecting more, after knowing what it was and jumping up when I heard some was around. I tried to trade and get seeds, they wouldn't give any up, not a chunk of meds. But my main deal was, it was outdoor but not well tended in a non mmj state, if you know what I mean, big plants, lots of trimming and not necessarily the best plants in one patch, hence the numerous patches, also to fight rippers. I wasn't impressed, dude, after smoking some of it, thats why I quit pursuing it. Its one of them old strains the peeps remember the old way, not the current accurate one, IMO. Many other hybrids out there close to it, with better quality smoke, People are in love with the name, not necessarly the meds, IMHO

GreatLakesKind

Lol "monkey paw Kush"

Still amateur hour ya?

Naw, no amateur here. I know people slap whatever name sells the best on their herb. That doesn't change the fact it was most likely and S1 of some uber fire, so why not grow it out? Also I wouldn't have posted here if I did't think it had similarities to the "variety" in question, and so far that includes growth traits, location aquired (roughly) and date. Your post is just unhelpful

GreatLakesKind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't click outside links...why not load the photo to ICm? Seems to me like you are describing a veg shot though? Look forward to flower shots when smells and flower structure and such can be described...or shown..

dank.Frank

D

DryNobBob

Good luck with the flower shots of something that isn't around much anymore and the peeps I know don't have to to prove anything with pics, they aren't even on the net, but they are on the money train with the monkey paw. Grow it out and make your own flower pics, then you have your own library, lol

Hello Dank Frank !

No, I am not wrong in the least ! Your OP was " I have been trying to find out some information about this for quite some time now."

I have seen your comments on the MMMA thread, you are just misled and delusional. Just like Santa Claus & the Easter Bunny, you need to give this fantasy up.

" Monkey Paw" , if it was real strain , would have been all over the USA - not just in Michigan.
" Monkey Paw" started appearing in 1979-1980 , it came in with the Thai Sticks & Thai ( loose). It showed up in Michigan, brought in by Vietnam vets who made connections while serving "in country".
I actually saw 2 footlockers opened with big fat Thai sticks and ..
" Money paw". Wrapped in multiple layers of plastic. Military footlockers, full of it -an amazing sight then, far more amazing now. Knarled green spicy bud, they had to call it something - it certainly wasn't Thai stick or golden loose Thai.
So they nick-named it " Monkey Paw" ! It was ,without question , 100% sativa -either from different area of Thailand or Vietnamese.
My friends older brother, whose fellow war vets friends had the goods, said today when I talked with him, originally they called it
"Vietnamese " but it was harder to get rid of with that name - so
"Money Paw" was its new exotic name.
Over the years , I have had many clowns trying to sell me " Monkey Paw" . All of it was Indica, I laughed at all of them.
Just became a marketing term in Michigan for any unknown big stinky green buds.
So when you say " you last saw it in 2006...", you likely never saw the real thing as it was only in the late 70's to mid 80's that it was brought in. Even then it could be slightly different , all very good.
It was certainly in other parts of the USA, they just called it something else. The Indica craze and with smuggling getting harder, put an end to the importation.

As a fellow Michigander , just trying to give you the facts so you don't waste any more time and effort getting ripped off from some clown who has " the real deal ! " You want to duplicate it, grow some SE Asian , Vietnamese Black or Thai crosses.

You will have a long bong session with Bigfoot long before you find any " Monkey Paw" ! Best of luck to you, Enjoy life !

Um, so like, you guys knew Cl. Oliver North?

GreatLakesKind

I don't click outside links...why not load the photo to ICm? Seems to me like you are describing a veg shot though? Look forward to flower shots when smells and flower structure and such can be described...or shown..

dank.Frank

Kinda new to this whole forum thing, couldn't figure out how to post em to ICMag. But Yeah It's a 16' tall bush in veg right now and i happen to have rooted clones transplanting as we speak to determine gender. Thats the plan with the flower shots (fingers crossed for female). Hoping to get a higher quality camera so i can leave the phone pictures in the past.

GreatLakesKind

Good luck with the flower shots of something that isn't around much anymore and the peeps I know don't have to to prove anything with pics, they aren't even on the net, but they are on the money train with the monkey paw. Grow it out and make your own flower pics, then you have your own library, lol

Who said we were trying to prove anything? This thread is for info on a variety that some aren't as fortunate to be caretaker to, and fell subject to the name game somewhere along the line. That just muddied things up even worse. Also, glad to hear your peeps are successful in cash cropping it, but some of us are doing this for something besides money...

M.R.GT

Veteran
Hi Frank.

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread alive.
Your diligence is to be commended.

I can't say much on the linage of monkey paw.

BUT I did score a few Monkey paw beans back in 05 from Rushman. Before people start on Rush lets get this out front. He never cheated me and everything I got from him was DANK. Not defending when your telling the truth.

Be that as it may, these were sold as monkey paw and Rush was based out of Michigan. Could be what your looking for. These are pretty old beans they've been stored well. Who knows?

Take care
Gt

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is entirely possible what I came across was a pheno from Rushman seeds - ie a new cut floating around under an old name - same thing that happens whenever anyone uses the name of an already established line...lol.

I never did get a direct answer about the whole Rushman venture, but was aware of it. I have no direct information as to when he FIRST offered those seeds to people...

If you do sprout the beans and find banana / creamy hazelnut and sharp stingy THC type of pheno, then that is likely the source of what I experienced and not some old late 70's early 80's heirloom...

dank.Frank

M.R.GT

Veteran
If I sprout them it will be to rejuvenate the seed stock. So if I do and if it's what your looking for then i'm sure There will be plenty to share.

Rush always had decent stock at least everything I ever run. The ones early in this thread from Rush looked pretty good. I've had these since 05 or 06 somewhere in that time frame. I could see the gold looking color in the early picks but could have been under HPS light giving it that color. Pretty sure he based out of Michigan so it's a good possibility they are what your looking for.

If it works out won't cost you anything but the time to run them. Then you will know .

Take care
Gt

bericus

I remember monkey paw I'm from Detroit & we use to smoke it in the early 80's you & I are among the 1's that would love2 get r hands on a original clone cause monkey paw was a good 3 to 4 puff killer bud I use2 cop a dime bag 4 $100 from a corner store on Dexter & Richton & it probably was maybe 2 to 3grams you could smoke on it 4 maybe a week we use2 roll joints and 4 of us could get high off of 1 joint but the so-called monkey paw I smoked the color was like a Columbia Gold & it was black in the middle & was balled up like a monkey paw have you high as hell 4 @ least 4hrs couchlock I couldn't function

M.R.GT

Veteran
I haven't forgotten you frank.

Still working out issues in my setup .

testing everything with some lui, A11, tw x heri. Working germ issues as all my old stock is being a pain. changing over from rockwool to rapid rooters to see if this helps.

shooting for fall run to drop monkey paw eliminating heat issues.

If I can get them going Ill shoot ya a pick to see if they are what your looking for if your still interested .

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya know - I am ALMOST about 67% convinced what I sampled was NOT "Monkey Paw" but perhaps, merely something being CALLED such...

Which is a SCARY thought...it could be ANYTHING then in theory....sigh...

BUT - I have NEVER seen or smelled another dried flower like this - it still stands apart as a individually unique encounter...whatever it was...

It would seem to me - if a strain had 100% LEGIT dried banana chip smell - that we would ALL know about it by now. However, I KNOW such a dried flower DOES exist - and it came from SOME where...

***Ohhhhhh where oh where did my banana herb go...ohhhhh where oh where could you beeeee!!! I saw you once, now you escape me....oh why so cruel must you beeeeeee!!!***

Good luck and well wishes to anyone who has gotten closer to this mythical beast than myself. I kinda feel like I'm hunting bigfoot - not going to lie - but TOO MANY people remember her - AND I PERSONALLY - 1st hand....lol -

SHE IS REALLLLLL - I SWEARRRRRRRRRRRR..... rofl

dank.Frank

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

The nug your describing sounds alot like the banana og pheno that floats around... dense lime green couch locky banana cream taste... Az

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This wasn't a lime green flower...it was more brown / yellowish - trichomes, NOT amber...but looked yellow as they reflected the buds color. It was in part why it was so impressive it smelt of banana as well. And I'm not talking "yellow" but you know - a more dried, earthy, weathered look - not a bright lime green...

I've paid close attention to the various banana cuts that are circulated - I'd just love to find ANY plant at this point that has the same terepene profile...just to know I'm not nuts...lol...

dank.Frank

M.R.GT

Veteran
It may not be monkey paw that your looking for and if it was it may have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

who knows what I have or what ya get when you buy seeds. Rush never sold me anything that wasn't dank.

I have LUI SPG pheno in flower and Apollo 11 and a few of fets genius crosses in veg.3 or 4 weeks left on the lui when they finish im going to drop the monkey paw and some red widowmaker. If they grow great if not then on to something else.

lemon thai is higher on my personal list before its over they may bump paw. sometime best to go with what ya know and I KNOW LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.