What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey frank, have you ever heard of anyone outside of Michigan growing this strain?
Somehow I can't imagine this strain hasn't been picked up by someone in Amsterdam.
I'm wondering if it's not known by another name ? Any thoughts on that?

I am getting a bit confused by all the comments in this thread on it's appearance and potency/effect.
How is it that some say it's a four foot bush while others say it's a 20 footer ?
Some say it has the biggest, fattest leaves yet, it's a potent hallucinogenic Sativa high.

Is it possible that 'the Paw' is the precursor to the entire Diesel line ?

your sharp as a tack
paw is a ancestor and building block for diesel
p m me for more

C

csedge

I could understand the diesel theory fromthe way my more indica one smells

narnar

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your sharp as a tack
paw is a ancestor and building block for diesel
p m me for more

More information and support for this comment would be great. It would be nice for you to share that openly in this thread, not just in PM...

dank.Frank, wants to know what you know....hahahaha

dank.Frank

Owl Mirror

Veteran
little mp update phenos one and two

ones very sativa looking and one has huge indica leaves lol go figure

pheno 1

pheno 2

Those are certainly two different looking pheno. You started these from seed ?
Did you get the seed from a nugget or were they labeled as Monkey Paw and handed to you ?

I still can't wrap my mind around a distinctive Indica looking strain packing such a powerful Sativa high.

I really wish this strain were not such a mystery of it's origins, strain, existence.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, it has always been my understanding, that Monkey Paw was a bit of couch lock buzz. Something that grew more sativa in nature, and in structure, but produced a seriously HEAVY and sedative "high". Part of what makes it unique.

It makes me think of C99. I mean, there is no reason at all that C99, by all common knowledge, (flowering times especially) should produce such a racy/sativa high....but it does. I think the paw, may be the opposite concept. A sativa, that behaves as an indica...make sense? I am not saying that there is no sativa edge, but from all I know, personally....the paw has an extremely LONG, LONG, narcotic bite.

CSedge:

These are the seeds from Rushman that you are growing now, correct? I REALLY have to say that I am liking the looks of #1. Tell us what you are smelling or make some more observations about the plant....such as how they are eating, rate of growth, do they seem to bush or stretch, etc.

THANKS!!!!

Oh yeah, by the way....if you read my 2nd post in this thread....I make the comment about how the paw was very ODD in its coloration. Having a dark, almost yellowish/golden/tanish hue to the buds themselves...not the typical green.

It seems I see that KNOWN trait coming out in your #1!!!

dank.Frank

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I just don't know anymore frank, finding this strain seems like chasing a fading dream.
From what I remember, the high was a mixture of having smoked a big bowl of Opium after taking a peyote button. I remember it being really trippy but, putting you in slow motion too.

I should track down 'da man' I knew back then in Ann Arbor who kept us supplied all through the 60's & 70's. I'm pretty sure he would know the true story behind this strain.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a good way to describe it...a very trippy edge to it....slow motion....I know for sure my boy Owl here is talking the same Monkey Paw...

dank.Frank

keep searchin...

for me to answer that openly would open a whole can of worms and would truly be another thread about the origins of diesel, of which i know another older gent who has been a proprieter of that for years keeping himself low, diesel kind of out grew him now and has exploded on the market because he released it to a couple of individuals

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh now Phillthy....you know better than that....hahaha.

Like you even have to ask!!!

dank.Frank

i know people that smoked money paw during the 80`s,back than the scene didnt have 100`s of strains like nowadays,you were either smoking mexican,colombian,or thai and probably so high on acid and mescaline that you really didnt care much about preserving it by 1990 monkey paw was history,someone was probably growing some sort of fox tail sativa at a commecial level and probably died or went to prison.chances are if you buy a bunch of sativa seeds u may find it out there.

There is little "mystery" or cryptic nuances involved in pursuing that to which you've alluded. People just have failed to look in the right place, that place being behind lock and key

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CSedge and Owl Mirror....

How are those girls looking??!! You guys have me itching for updates with this elusive girl!

BUMP!!

dank.Frank

C

csedge

Thats just one its the more indica one. Foxtailing like crazy the top of it looks like the 3 top points of a five point star

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking awesome bro!! Thanks for keeping me in the loop!!

Man, those tails are a very known attribute of the paw....very good sign!!

Was one of the first things I took notice of when looking at your pics, actually!!

dank.Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.