What's new

Improvising into 2022 - with Koon

El Quijote

I have never tasted any pure Nepalese. The closest thing to Nepali that I tried was Bangi Haze and I really liked the Bangi Haze, but the kalimist must be incense, I don't know why I have a hunch, an intuition that your nepal mist will be delicious,
​​​ I will be attentive to your girls although there is still time and some healing.

Too bad I don't have much space in my garden to put regular seeds, but I think this year I will put some regular seeds

Koondense

Veteran
Update time...

My phone is old and has troubles with usb connectivity so for the moment I can't post new pics :(
Anyway, the grow is progressing pretty ok taking in consideration the big issue with watering while I was away...the plants got flooded so they suffered a cold shock for a good week right in the first part of flowering.

The four PCK x KaliChina plants are very interesting, one is very dark purple, almost black, one is green/deep purple, one greenslight purple and one is 100% green. I keep a revegged clone of the big dark purple one, her smell is my favorite, sharp lemony, berry, floral hash, very resinous. All four have obvious hashplant heritage, intense purple traits and very inviting smells, possibly also good yielders with long veg. At this stage they all have a strong citrus base, I expect more berries in the coming weeks.
So far I like them a lot, hoping for a nice effect. The smells are quite promising.

The Nepal Mists are peculiar, they stretch a lot and preflower for long, just now they seem to start filling the budsites with new pistils...smells are getting rounder, not much mint but more caramel sweet hashy and some wood and cream also. Not as fresh as I hoped but there's still time for terpene development.

The Ace seedlings are doing fine, 2 GoldenTigers and 2 BangiCongoPanama all look good and healthy, will have at least a couple weeks before being transplanted in final pots for a quick flower transition.

The other plants are also ok, the LemonTrees are quite nice, colorful with interesting aromas. One is lemongrass cream and some tree leaf extract, weirdly likeable. Other two are more dankish and have a more SD look to them.

WhiteWidow x Skunk#1 is a nice lady, she stretched a lot since the flip and I feel is still not done stretching. Must remember to take a cut just in case, so far is too early for any judgement but she seems to smell very green, will see what will she bring when buds start pushing some resin.

AuntOfFarouk x OriginalHaze are two wild ones, almost no branching and very stretchy, they will be interesting and I hope to get some nice smells. So far it looks like AoF hashplant trait is dominant, they are both very resinous, even on fan leaves and all over the plant actually :) The terpene profile so far is raw, they need a lot more time.

TomHill Hazes are also some strange creatures :) If I could describe them without knowing anything about them(but I do), I would say "fast thai" type of plant.
All three have similarities, one is very stretchy, one a bit less and one is more compact, the smaller one is the most resinous.
What I find surprising(a bit) is how fast they showed sex and flower development compared to Original Haze, also plant morphology is pretty different, stems, branching, leaves, resin...it's like they're from different continents ;) These three THH plants are for testing purposes and a quick evaluation, it's nice to see big differences right from the start.

Almost forgot, along with the Ace seedlings I started also one PotOfGold x HinduKush and two OriginalHaze x Skunk#1 by Cultivator's Choice.

As soon as I find a way to post some pics they will appear here. Hoping for this week.

Cheers

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Sounds great man. I want to see pics of those PCK x KCs! They sound like the pheno in the Ace site pics. I never got that one, mine were always more green leaning, but that "dark forest fruits" thing always intrigued me. To be fair, I was growing mine outdoors and in the woods, so maybe indoors I would have had a fighting chance to see their potential.

I have a home made TTH x Hawaiian cross from Maha Kala going right now and have been following his alternative Haze thread lately. I think I know what you mean by the fast Thai look. I'll be interested to see your parent line.

Ncali

Veteran
:lurk:Oh yeah. I like the lineups. I'm suprised OH is bring pushed around by the AoF haha. I'm interested in seeing how AoF hybrids turn out, hash plant characteristics and haze terps sound niceeee:chin:

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, somehow I took some pics of the PCK x KaliChinas :)

The green/purple pheno
PCKxKC mixed.jpg

The dark purple pheno
PCKxKC almost black.jpg

The black pheno
PCKxKC black.jpg

And a macro shot of the "black" pheno
PCKxKC black macro.jpg

A delightful mix of citrus and berries, makes me want to eat them buds :)
Harvest in a week or two...

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow @Koondense :love: The PCK x Kali China you have posted finishing the flowering leans (visually) a lot towards Kali China F4 elite.

Interesting your comments on Original Haze vs Tom Hill Haze, THH was very Thai dominant to me in finished product, yet much easier to grow and faster flowering than for example Oldtimer's Haze or the more long flowering foxtailed Original Haze expressions, which both seem to contain more American (Colombian) sativa.

I'm especially curious about the Nepal Mist you have in flowering, we have great reports here about the other ACE strains you are growing, but very little on Nepal Mist, hope they are starting to define more now the aromas, resins and other flowering traits. Would love to see pictures of them if you have the chance.

Take care!

Koondense

Veteran
Hey dubi,
all plants are now hanging, the PCKxKC(and LemonTrees) were harvested last week and the NepalMists were left in the dark for 4 days before chop. They had some late reflowerings and I had to stop them :)
To sum up this grow...it's been a pretty bad one, I had low temperatures during all phases and especially during my absence in mid march when I went on Spannabis, it was a very cold week here and the plants(especially NepalMists) suffered a lot. Nepal Mists were without insulation and had the place near a cold wall so they had a hard time with roots and everything else, really.
When I came back they were dark purple/black and some leaves were already dying, most had lockout spots so nutrient absorption never came up to "healthy" levels no matter what I tried.
Any way, I keep a nice clone of the big Nepal Mist and will give her another chance soon. They smell mild, of hash and caramel, nothing spectacular but nice old-school.

Here's the last pic I have of her, right before harvest:
NepalMistsFinished.jpg

PCKxKC plants are smelling very lovely, the purple ones are sweet floral with berries, the green ones are a bit more pungent, sharper.
From the little vaping I did, their effect seem to be very relaxed, almost sleepy. Not very strong in the sense you don't get a couch lock impairment but you get soft and spongy...and happy :) Also the brain feels it the next day so honestly it's not my kind of "high".

Remembering Spannabis...
It was a very interesting experience, finally I could meet dubi in person and as many people there I would love to chat with him for long hours. I waited almost an hour for my turn :p
Dubi is a very cool guy(as I'm sure you all already know) and is the kind of person that works with true passion and with intellect, modest and chill... pretty opposite compared to most other people you could see on Spannabis stands, wearing silly caps and having that "bro" attitude I dislike.
When I left the fair, we went on to explore the crazy city of Barcelona, I met with some of my internet friends from this and another forum, had some interesting chats, met some more interesting people and went to an amazing social club where I almost fell in love with an extra cute budtender girl :) Got me a nice bud of Amnesia(and it was really good) and thought about the girl for many days after.
That bud went with me on a plane, I know it could be a bad situation, it was really smelly and they checked me twice before boarding. But I went through and had an amazing holiday after three days of Barcelona. The Amnesia bud was 1,5 grams total and lasted for 6 days of evening vaping... (I know, it makes me look like a total noob right) :D
Next year, Spannabis? Is that even a question? :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Time to move forward...
Summer weather is here,one month too early this year, hitting 30°C these days.
Plants are transplanted in 10L pots with mycorhizza.
The varieties are Golden Tiger(2x) and BangiCongo x Panama(2x). Still thinking about the NepalMist clone, the yield was almost nothing in the winter run.
The other varieties(non Ace) this time are from Cultivator's Choice Haze x Skunk#1(3x) and PotOfGold x Hindu Kush(1x).
The Widow x skunk and AuntOfFarouk x OriginalHaze are almost done,as are the TomHill hazes. Honestly the THH plants are three very different phenos, they feel like Haze x sativa hybrids, not so inbred and uniform as Seedsman Haze from Johnny Chicago. The tallest THH smells just like the Seedsman OH but has a very whispy structure, no real buds but lots of resin. Another tall one is sweeter and more productive but behaves like she wants to reveg but doesn't. The small one is a purple Haze with very interesting frankincense based smell,old school for sure.

I'll post some pics when things start getting interesting.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
You know what?
We only live once so I put to soak some of my seeds from "Ace genetics meets Karma genetics" project ...
The two crosses are Zamaldelica(Ace) x AmnesiaOG(KarmaG) and ThaiPan(Ace) x AmnesiaOG(KarmaG), the two moms were run once for bud and I was very pleased with their qualities so the clones were taken for hybridisation with another side of ganja spectrum. The AmnesiaOG dad was a nicely growing male with herbal pine syrup smell, looking like a good mix of his two parents.
These will be true poly hybrids so I expect them to be all over the place, which is kind of the point :)
Beside them there will be some Nevil's Haze x Mullum F2 by Connoisseur, test seeds.
They will all be put under 12/12 practically from the start so we'll see where all this will go...

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It was a pleasure to meet you in person :) Koondense after so many years knowing each other only online.
Spannabis is crazy busy times and i hardly have a second free the whole weekend, hope we can meet again soon in a more calm situation.
I'm very glad you had a great time during the fair and holidays in our country, there's beauty everywhere ;)

No worries, such winter indoor grows in cold countries can be really challenging unless you can temperate the room. Anyway i really like the look of the Nepal Misty in the pic despite the low resolution, reminds me both Haze red- stemmed Colombian expressions and wild Nepaleses (in this case the also red-pink stemmed Kathmandu).

Happy to hear you are about have a pure Haze harvest :smoke: (among others).
All the best with your own ACE x Karma hybrids, i'm sure there's fire on those beans and should be fun to explore, that's for sure!

Take care and hugggs!

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you dubi for the kind words! I hope to meet again in a more tranquil environment ;)
Take care my friend.

Time for an update:

All of the seeds sprouted and now I have a mini jungle to handle :)
But it's the other plants that give me a big smile, they are very healthy and lush, I sprayed them against some bugs, transplanted them in fresh soil and now it's time to flip.

Golden Tiger#1

GT1 last veg.jpg

Golden Tiger#2

GT2 last veg.jpg

I can say 100% I love the growth and looks of the GT#2, it's narrow and looks dangerous, just the kind of plant I wished for :)
Strangely I did not do any stem rub smelling or anything, next days will be perfect for deeper understanding of these plants.
There are also two BangiCongo x Panama, more from them in the coming days.

But there is also a nice little corner with AF plants, AutoMalawixNL and AutoZamaldelica, plus a reg seed from La Buena Hierba - La Gasolina. Zamaldelica and Gasolina will probably go outdoors soon enough.
A pic of Auto Malawi x NL and Pot Of Gold x Hindu Kush(guess which is which lol).

AutoMxNL plus POGxHK.jpg

All are under cob leds, no signs of any issues so far. Hoping for a not too hot summer :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
:)

I've pinned you in the Auto Malawi x NL Thread!?
Hi, yeah I'll jump there right after posting this quick update ;)

So as the weeks go by I feel some fear of the crazy summer heatwaves coming...
Heard what happened in west europe last week, there's a chance this summer will have quite some similar and maybe worse waves of heat anf saharan dust over most of europe.
Well I hope it won't be as bad, just another learning experience :)

The situation:

Auto Malawi x NL is in mid flower, it's time to get fat (she shared the space with AutoZamaldelica which went outdoors a few days ago)
AutoMalawiNL almost whole.jpg

A little closer
AutoMalNLsidebud.jpg

AutoMalNLmidbud.jpg

AutoMalNLmidbud2.jpg

The Auto Malawi x NL looks sturdy, its stretch surprised me a bit, was expecting a more stocky plant. The smell is low, seems to be on the Malawi side, for now it has some haziness in it.
AutoZamaldelica was sitting and waiting for transplant, got it 10 days later than expected and she became pretty big already. The smell was nice and I can't wait to be able to see how she develops.
The ElGasoil is a couple days away from starting to release the pollen, will collect a bit and probably make seeds with bots mothers. Maybe not, still undecided.

The photoperiod plants are doing good

A couple of GT#2 early buds
GT1 early.jpg

GT1 early2.jpg

And a nice specimen of Haze x Skunk#1
HazeSK early cola.jpg

Take care and stay cool!

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts