What's new

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok... here's my take away...
Previous to the introduction of MMJ in Colorado:
-There was NOBODY giving up their Liberty (Rights) for security (an "unconstutional license" to posses).
-There were zero DUID laws, only possession charges.
-The cops actually had to do some fucking work to figure out who was breaking their laws.
-There were ZERO plant count limits.

I'm sure there are a lot more reasons but those are off the top of my head...

The only positive I recognize is that the crappy imported mex buds have all but gone away in my area. Of course, some local growers had the plan to oust the cartels garbage anyway & it worked. By growing enough decent weed, the local smokers eventually figured out how crappy that moldy, tasteless weed was & what weed should be like.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let us not forget the biggest reason a black market exists...

It should be quite obvious since it is the cause of black markets the world over...

This thing sure didn't exist on any products previous to government involvement...

TAXES & those enforcing such so that their weekly checks keep coming in.

The lazy stealing from the hard working men & women.
The few that control the many!

I live in California the pioneer state and yes I am unhappy. I will tell you why. First of all I grow, so I am sick and tired of not knowing what lies in store every single day regarding the laws. I have the anxiety that my livlihood will soon end because of plotting to takeover the industry etc for ppl like the guy who rund harborside health center. IT is some "good ol boy " shit. I see people up north going bigger and bigger with light deps which is causing the market to crash. Brokers are passing off lite dep as indoor to out of state people, therefore everyone values indoor cheaply now. Some people get busted and others dont. Its a game of musical chairs. Dispensaries wont pay top dollar anymore even though their margins stay have gone up!! The grower is getting pinched outa the business IMO. But at the same time I look deep into my soul and call of the laws of abundance and realize and hope that if you want to make it you will!! I alwys try to kep a positive attitude but living in a grey area is hard sometimes. Im also sick of watching people in other states quickly make millions while others are chained by laws. WHen MJ is legal across 50 states the powers that be will have already established their "mega grows" and kill the bottom line. Keep shit the way its been and shut the fuck up California

oh ya im fuckin sick and tired of only edible companies and extract atrists being able to "brand' themselves and gain a foothold in the market for legalization. Its fuckin ridiclous and it only happened because clubs were sick and tired of packaging shatter and wax themselves. Now these fuckin hipster extract artists are gettin all types of credit (not to mention attention for the FEDS). But as a grower, the clubs are reluctant to give credit to the real ppl in the game, which is cool cuz like I said its a grey area. FUSTATING you can imagine!!!!! Are growers just gonna be "commodity" providers to a broader market? IF so LBS are goona go for 200 in the future and quality will be low. DO we want that?? OR do we want "microgrowery" operations sorts like the "microbrewery" business model in the alcohol industry?

R

rbt

The questions I have is the regulatory agency that is going to be constructed this Distribution, Quality, Weight, Tax, Enforcement, Administration, Testing, Etc. Etc. agency. If we repeal some of the Medical Laws in favor of legalization that umbrella of protection granted here in Arizona under the constitutional amendment for MMJ. We see county courts all over the state not prosecuting for growing with less than 12 plants "Viable" too. Prosecutors are going after other unlawful but the illegal growing for medical card holders with less than 12 plants is not being prosecuted. One reason they really don't want anymore undefendable precedent to set Rule.

I still believe the one constant view between all not what states do but what the Federal Government Classifies Cannabis. This has to change regardless of other governing agencies want in their umbrella. But that is my view I find it hard to think I can live a better quality of life if I pay the Kingdom in sin tax for growing.

ponolove

Growing up in Georgia but living in Oregon for almost 4 years now, I would gladly help anyone who wants to burn the whole shit state of Georgia down, hoping the fire ignites all its neighboring states also.

redlaser

Veteran
Been hassled in Georgia but met some helpful people as well.
Pulled off the highway to get some sleep a little north of Valdosta and while backing up I broke the bumper off my vw. Probably shouldn't have been towing an enclosed uhaul trailer with a vw bug.
It was about nine on a Sunday night, stopped by one house who told me to go see their landlord at another house.
Went by the landlords, told them what happened. One of the guys there owns the local hardware store, we drive down and get what we need to fix the bumper.
Really saved my ass because all I had was in that trailer along with a motorcycle that had been fronted.

jd123

There's nothing I'm really "unhappy" about. I'm still adjusting to the influx of people that moved here. I shouldn't feel entitled to native surrounding land, but I do. I cant help it. I'd live here with or without cannabis farming. 10 years ago if I mentioned living in Oregon the classic response was "Oh Oregon, doesn't it rain a lot there? that must suck"

I was looking to buy a house down the street to move my mom into since she's getting older and doesn't get around well. I offered a full cash offer at the realtors asking price. I think what the real estate office did was illegal, but they pretty much turned it into a bidding war with people from the east coast (there was a shit load of them)...Guys from Florida bought it for 85k more than its original asking price.

Last edited:

yocs

MD,DE,and NJ all suck. You basicly have to be on your death bed to get medical. But even then you can't grow for yourself. The laws changing really don't matter to me, I'm gonna grow regardless. But it would be way nicer and less stressful if I could unload all my shit at once to a dispensary rather than having to basically nickel and dime. It also makes me wonder what the quality of the bud at these dispensaries is? Prolly sucks all coming from a very few corporate ops.

packerfan79

Veteran
When I can grow it in my front yard, then I will call it legal. I don't want to smoke bud's grown by a massive corporation. I want to smoke bud grown by someone like me who loves his plants. I am medical so I live in the grey area. also mj should be removed completely from drug testing. it should never be tested for.

geneva_sativa

Nope I up and left as soon as WA state pulled this shit. . .

gave up growing, oh well. . . rather that than live like a beggar, always looking for scraps from a lying master

Sorry to say, but the ugly head of legal weed is abounding on these boards.

In all the years of crazy egos and hype, I have never seen the shear level of douchebaggery as I've seen from some of these guys.

Same reason I wouldn't ever buy so much as a dime bag off of these clowns. . . even if they were the last known source on the planet and I was destined to live 100,000 years.

I think the kids and all else would feel the same if they know what type of asshats they were really supporting

hamstring

Veteran
It's been legal to grow 24 plants and possess 1/4 dried bud in your home for almost 40 years now in Alaska. Here's what I've seen here in those 40 years:
Almost everyone that smokes has NO interest in growing their own. Certainly less than 1% of tokers. Of the people that are interested in growing 99% of them have no interest in staying below the 24 plant count so they can $tobacco the 99% of tokers who refuse to grow.
So even though you can legally grow 24 and under and possess 1/4lb in your home the prisons and probation offices are full of MJ offenders and it STILL feels like a MJ police state. A few years back this state also went medical MJ. So now with the card you can grow 6 plants and possess one oz. WTF? It's makes NO damn sense to most people. Now in November the people will vote on another way to make it legal and sold in stores like alcohol. The grow limit for the people under this new law if passed- 6 plants and 1 oz. WTF? The right of the Alaska people to grow and possess MJ within the privacy of their home is protected in the Alaska Constitution, they set the limits at 24 plants and 1 tobacco. ALL attempts to rewrite the constitution have been beat down. So the more legal it gets and the more legal they want to get it the less we can grow and possess. Sumbitches:biggrin:

Great post and I wouldn't have expected any less.

You can bake your own bread, you can grow your own tobacco in my state, you can brew your own beer and make your own lunch but how many of us do ? 15% maybe ,just a guess.

I hate anything they turn into big business whether it's state or privately run because of all the good things that buying local bring.

I'm also not deaf to the irony that most people want the cheapest product they can buy but are against commercializing it too.
Why do think jeans cost $80.00 in Germany because they are heavily unionized and the middle class is very large i.e. shit costs more.

Something for nothing has never existed except in our minds.