What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you live in a Legal Cannabis State and are unhappy post here!

monsoon

A whole 1/2 ounce of each? Wow. I've never seen that much good pot all at one time before.

Yeah...nobody wants to see what you really smoke. Those dispensary photos are just fine. We believe you. yup. You just have better pot than we do.

and in the process, you lend creed to what many are saying and by example, give 100% proof positive that "top shelf" will always be in demand for the expert growers of the world who aren't smart enough to keep their own game together and who HAVE TO PAY FOR BUD grown by others AND have to have it illegally mailed to them from Cali.

Gosh...I'm so jealous. Such knowledge. Such game. Do any of you guys EVER think you'll have such deep connections to the pot scene as butsniff does when he crawls up Ken Estes's friends ass? Take note all. This is classic info you may need later if you to, need to purchase your imaginary game should you fail completely at growing this plant and have no other options.

budtang

"toxic plastic pots" - yeah, must be horrible for plants. only almost everyone in the world uses them.

And, almost ALL the weed on the market is shitty. So...

"lights 8' above the canopy" - you need to quit smoking that incredible OG you keep babbling about until your eyesight returns to normal. your last post said "only 1' above canopy, looked like about 2' to me.

No, that first pic looks to be about 1 foot. The bulb hangs below the hood about 5-6 inches. Even 2 feet isn't high enough to keep those plants from suffering heat stress from a 1,000 watt light that's not air cooled.

If it's open bulb as those lights are you shouldn't have them any closer than 3 feet. If you're going to put the lights closer than 3 feet you should make damn sure they're air cooled lights. Whoever is growing in that setup is wasting electricity and shouldn't even be allowed to have a commercial weed operation. Their set up is contributing nothing, but shitty product and wasting electricity in the process in electrical grids that are already overloaded.

I think there should be quality control standards before licenses are issued. You should at least have to demonstrate that you can actually produce a quality product before being granted a business license. It's the only recreational drug industry to date that has that big of a discrepancy in quality between different sources. If I go buy a Budweiser in a grocery store in New York it's likely going to be the exact same product that I buy in a grocery store in California.

The same thing can't be said regarding weed in Colorado versus weed in California. You shouldn't be allowed to advertise "OG Kush" in your dispensary if the quality isn't any good.

this one you say "8' above canopy " and it looks to be about 2' to me. i think you are either blind or stupid, & pretty good odds on both being correct.

It's at least 6 feet in the 2nd photo. Give me a break. She could stand on the canopy and her head wouldn't touch the light. lulz

I can see taller plants in the background that are closer to 2-3 feet, but it seems that her set up requires her to raise every light to the same height. Making it difficult to grow different strains in the same area.

Last edited:

budtang

who aren't smart enough to keep their own game together and who HAVE TO PAY FOR BUD grown by others AND have to have it illegally mailed to them from Cali.

Some of us don't roll over on other people when we get busted. Some of us get rolled over on and it's unavoidable. We take our punishments like men and wear them like badges of honor:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148639

We can't all lack enough integrity to become DEA informants. Unlike others...

On March 20th 1985 David Watson was busted for growing in Santa Cruz, California, Watson a junior member of the Sacred Seed collective.

http://skunkmagazine.com/forum/index.php?topic=9484.0;wap2

Why don't you tell us a little more how dumb we are for getting busted growing? You're talking shit about SamtheSkunkman just as much as you're talking shit about me, idiot.

Last edited:

budtang

Yeah...nobody wants to see what you really smoke. Those dispensary photos are just fine. We believe you. yup. You just have better pot than we do.

The Larry OG I'm smoking actually looks better than the pic I posted. I've got a nice 5.8 gram nug that puts that one to shame. That was just a basic representation and here you are saying,"Oh. I don't believe you're smoking that." That's pretty funny. I wish I could post pics of mine... believe me. I don't know why it doesn't work. Would posting through proxy cause issues with uploading photos?

Can you find any pics of OG from Colorado that can compare? No?

That's what I thought. I'm not even asking for pics of your OG. Just ANY OG from Colorado that can compare and you can't even do that.

monsoon

I'll do better than that. I've had 3 busts in 40 years. NONE were my brightest day.

I'm gonna guess Sam and the others wouldn't say those days were their best or brightest...or claim them as any sort of "badge of honor" as well. Gonna guess your cut and paste containing specific names would get you a serious ass kicking as well. Talk about being an informant.

Nope...most folks who have been in that situation don't wear "I'm stupid" on their shirt and let it come out of their mouths as some sort of personal glory like you do. It happens. Deal with it and start another grow and shut up like everyone else does. Yer the only one whining about "being busted" here and acting as if the Feds are coming.

budtang

Budtang seems to think Larry Og and Og in particular is the be all and end all of of other strains. Don't get me wrong, Larry is definitely top grade but there are at least 30 other strains I can name that could compete and possibly beat larry Og.

And, all 30 of those strains would be better from California sources than Colorado sources. Which, is the purpose of the discussion. We're not comparing OG to other strains.

We're comparing OG grown in California to OG from Colorado. We're comparing weed grown in the California system to weed grown in the Colorado system. We're comparing the California system to the Colorado system.

OG is just the variable in the experiment we're using to compare the 2 systems of legalization. You guys seem to be having trouble understanding this. If you would like to use another strain as the variable in the experiment then feel free to offer pics from both states of the same strain to back up the argument that Colorado's system of cultivation laws produces a product that is equal to that of California's.

budtang

I'll do better than that. I've had 3 busts in 40 years. NONE were my brightest day.

So, you've been criticizing yourself this entire time. Brilliant.

Gonna guess your cut and paste containing specific names would get you a serious ass kicking as well.

Not before the "ass kicker" gets a bullet in his dome. lulz

You throw fist. I throw bullets. Modern technology wins over outdated neanderthal combat tactics every time. Evolution is a bitch like that.

Yer the only one whining about "being busted" here and acting as if the Feds are coming.

I'm not whining at all.

Unlike some people, who whine about residential grow operations for 90 pages when they can't do shit about it. There is nothing you and Jhhnn can do about residential operations starting up in your state. So, quit your fucking bitching. At least, don't bitch about me growing in residence and then turn around and contradict yourself and tell me to "go start another grow."

This is about the 50th time you've contradicted yourself dumbass. Do you ever make a post without contradicting yourself?gl

Last edited:

budtang

Do you even know how hard it is to maintain and grow of 1,000 plants in a commercial op? A lot of work.

Yes.

I've been stating the difficulty of commercial weed production for this entire discussion in these 2 threads. I've claimed the entire time the level of difficulty in maintaining quality is too great for large commercial operations to compete with smaller craft growers.

Where the fuck were you when I stated how difficult it was the first dozen times?

They have them dialed in in Cali.

Nope. In Cali the top shelf product is produced primarily by residential growers who can pay more attention to detail managing 12 lights in a house as opposed to 500 lights in a warehouse that requires the employment of low paid hourly employees to maintain. This has been the entire point of the discussion.

You're just validating points I've made 50 pages ago, guy. The commercial operations in Cali are no better than the commercial operations in Colorado. The difference between the two states is that Cali allows residential craft growers to distribute their higher quality product to dispensaries.

You make it sound like Colorado can never get it dialed in and is impossible.

Not true at all. Commercial operations in Colorado already have it dialed in as well as commercial operations in California. However, the weed produced in both states from such operations is pure shit. I never claimed that commercial operations in Cali were superior to Colorado. All commercial operations in all states produce shitty weed.

The California market is superior because it doesn't restrict residential growers from the legal market the way Colorado does. This has been the crux of the argument long before you entered the discussion. All of Colorado's top shelf exist primarily on the black market, as a result.

Different growers. Some are better(green thumb) and some are learning, that did take place in California. Your point?

In Colorado, they're paying 18 year old bush bitches, who don't give a fuck, hourly wages to grow the plants. That's the only operations that exist in CO. They have a shitty business model in Colorado that produces shitty weed for the legal market.

Colorado's system is guaranteeing the existence of a black market by restricting residential growers. It doesn't matter how many commercial operations they approve for production. They will ALL produce mediocre product that will fail to compete with smaller scale residential growers. The main goal of the Colorado system has been to eliminate the black market and it's totally failed to do that. In fact, it's done precisely the opposite.gl

Last edited:

budtang

BTW:

Herbal Elements, like all other med outlets, hasn't bought buds from homegrower's since July 2010. If the quality of their weed has dropped, it isn't anyone's fault but their own.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Thanks for posting evidence that backs up my argument, monsoon. I appreciate it. It's funny how the quality dropped off the second residential growers were banned from the market in 2010.

:laughing:

monsoon

I welcome anyone who has the balls to come here and set up a residential grow and make a profit. As I've said before (also about 50 times...LOL) nobody is stopping anyone from doing so here! In fact, it's easier to do now than ever because no one is watching. (but you know this, right?)

It isn't up to the voters or any laws. It's up to you/up to me/up to anyone willing to play to set up and play. It seems as if you had this (same as everyone else who grows) mindset BEFORE you got busted, but now yer so scared yer wanting the unrealistic to happen to cover what you still wanna do..but just don't have the 'nads to do anymore? Yup.

budtang

Agreed. It's not my problem or yours.

There are bigger things to worry about and about than the quality of weed in Colorado and life is to short too stress over this bullshit.

The quality of the weed isn't the issue at all.

It's the fact that residential operations producing better weed will be targeted for prosecution under the system in Colorado that is supposed to be "legal." Meaning legalization never took place and it's nothing more than just a slogan being crammed down our throats by corporate entities looking to hijack the industry. Did you think my complaints were primarily about quality? No. It's the legal consequences growers on the black market face by producing better quality weed that I have a problem with. I don't call that "legalization." I call that an abomination.

Just look at the rhetoric Colorado politicians are using. These fuckers want to go after the black market, i.e., residential growers :

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/business/legal-marijuana-shortages-drive-consumers-to-the-black-market.html/?ref=YF

That some scary shit if you ask me. Granted, they're not specifically stating,"We're going to deal with the black market by arresting growers." They're not far from saying that, though. Their solution at the moment appears to be,"Approve more licenses so we can produce more product to deal with shortages."

What happens when these new operations are approved and it doesn't do anything to effect the black market? What then? What do you think is the next step in the process of eliminating the black market? The next step is to actually start focusing on busting growers and forming organizations who focus primarily on that. Organizations like Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms. How much longer do you think it will be before that organization turns into Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Cannabis?

Last edited:

budtang

but now yer so scared yer wanting the unrealistic to happen to cover what you still wanna do..but just don't have the 'nads to do anymore? Yup.

Again, for the 50th fucking time, how the fuck does having "nads to grow" help Colorado schools? How does that keep ATF from busting residential growers when they become ATFC?

That's all you think about is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

You're just displaying your lack of integrity and maturity every time you say stupid shit like that. You have no sense of responsibility at all. For you it's all about making the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and that's it. The IRS doesn't give a shit about the size of your nads.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I welcome anyone who has the balls to come here and set up a residential grow and make a profit. As I've said before (also about 50 times...LOL) nobody is stopping anyone from doing so here! In fact, it's easier to do now than ever because no one is watching. (but you know this, right?)

It isn't up to the voters or any laws. It's up to you/up to me/up to anyone willing to play to set up and play. It seems as if you had this (same as everyone else who grows) mindset BEFORE you got busted, but now yer so scared yer wanting the unrealistic to happen to cover what you still wanna do..but just don't have the 'nads to do anymore? Yup.

And I look at it from the other side.

Who are we really talking about over legalization, anyway? I submit that it's Tim & Tara Toker, regular working folks who like to get high. They buy eighths or quarters, get right back to their connect for a half if it's a dynamite batch & they have the money. A few of 'em try their hand at growing enough to keep 'em stoned. Depending on the location & their age, they may have taken extraordinary chances to score during a drought. I know I did, years ago.

They've dealt with certain dangers & a lot of flakey jerkwads to do that, basically their whole lives. They also have certain misgivings about what's in the weed they buy, rightfully so. Many of them have never smoked "top shelf" & never will. It's immaterial to their desires, for the most part.

They're the people who benefit most from legalization, and they're the vast majority of users, as well. They get what they want & get the opportunity to be perfectly legal in the process, along with safety, convenience & selection they've never had.

"Hey, Honey- pick up some of that Pete's Party Panama while you're out, will ya? See if they have anything interesting on special, too. Luv Ya!"

Even if I didn't get high, I'd see that as a good thing. I'm not enough of a selfish or delusional jerk to think otherwise.

budtang

Who are we really talking about over legalization, anyway? I submit that it's Tim & Tara Toker, regular working folks who like to get high.

Right. People who never faced serious legal consequences. The people who did face serious legal consequences under prohibition will face watered down versions of those consequences under legalization. Instead of spending 50 years behind bars, they'll spend 10. What a great system.

Good job on accomplishing virtually nothing other than sparing a few yuppies an inconvenient day in court. How about you develop a legalization system where NOBODY goes to jail? Is that a crazy concept, or something?