What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Identifying The REAL Blue Dream

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
pics and grow journals speak louder than your words porkchop
sorry to the op ,i was trying to lead ya in the right direction,till the wannabe made his comment
good luck on your searcch for bd

Lead in the right direction? Verified Blue Dream is one of the easiest clones to find in Michigan.....

Peace,
KF

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
pics and grow journals speak louder than your words porkchop
sorry to the op ,i was trying to lead ya in the right direction,till the wannabe made his comment
good luck on your searcch for bd

If you look hard enough there's pics on here. Try looking under Northern Lights and you'll see the 28 year old NL #1 I have. I'm sure there's others if you dig hard enough. Done my share of journals and don't post pics anymore. Anyone in Michigan still posting journals and pics should be aware, they know who and where you are if your not taking extra precautions.

Peace,
KF

TheOutlawTree

Going to run blue dream exclusively this outdoor season, I love the yield. Yes I know theres a lot of it around and it sells for a cheaper price... but at the end of the day its a great quality smoke if done right. The fact that it trims up so well in the trim pal is enough for me to want to grow it. Will save a ton of money not hiring and babysitting a bunch of trimmers.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
My BD cut

My BD cut

Was given this cut some years ago Ill always keep her around she is flawless. So sweet Blueberry. Have a ton of pics if it will help anyone figure out what they have.

picture.php

bigbag

Veteran
they've gone from little seedling's to stalky plant's in 2 week's... and determining sex with visible pre flowers, making sexing a breeze ! lovin' these so far, but out of control growth could very well be a reality if one wasn't careful...;) ha

Matt8800

the sativa looking version of blue dream is the original. For some reason, all the seed companies' versions look more indica.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
That got out of hand fast dont suppose anyone ever got to the bottom of who has the best blue dream beans?

Snowhigh's BlueBerryBlast. (google BBB for grows)
Its the SSH-cut of BD crossed with Johnny Blaze (NH x BB) so its two versions of BB x haze coming together.
There is also Pipe Dream, which is Haze-cut of BD crossed with Merlin's Magic (Acapulco Gold x C99) but the AG/c99 is quite dominant.
But it would be worth it to find a very Hazy BD in Pipe Dream to cross with BBB :huggg::tiphat::dance013:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Snowhigh's BlueBerryBlast. (google BBB for grows)
Its the SSH-cut of BD crossed with Johnny Blaze (NH x BB) so its two versions of BB x haze coming together.
There is also Pipe Dream, which is Haze-cut of BD crossed with Merlin's Magic (Acapulco Gold x C99) but the AG/c99 is quite dominant.
But it would be worth it to find a very Hazy BD in Pipe Dream to cross with BBB :huggg::tiphat::dance013:
The Blue dream reminds me in growth structure shape many ways of the Acapulco gold x Nepalese and Acapulco gold x c99 from many years ago .
It does not seem to have much Blueberry to me seems like a sativa Dom SSH the resin screams northern lights hybrid but the structure sure has some wild sativa going for it even the massive roots structure .
Its a interesting plant friends in Mexico told me about it before I read a thread or anything they call there IBL Azul Grande .
Don't get me worng the BB is there but from my limited experience with the plant its super silver Haze/ sativa dominant .
C

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Charles,
I would've expected you to know more about Blue Dream than you post implies.
Its a perfect hybrid.
You say sativa dom but I say it is nothing like real sativa dom plants.
Blue Dream has some of the most authentic BB smells and flavors currently on the (easily accessible) market, now that DJ can't reproduce th real thing anymore

And Snow's BBB is amazing in crosses - I've found pure Blueberry.... check out my cross - CRxBBB - Cindys Rhino x BlueberryBlast

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
....Blue Dream has some of the most authentic BB smells and flavors currently on the (easily accessible) market....

I completely disagree. The common BD smells more like GDP or the other purples than a BB, in fact it resides in the same terpene class. The majority of BB traits are pretty much buried in this hybrid.

She is NLD dominant in growth profile, but it's not a classic pure NLD plant.. she thickens up with significant BLD influence and flower structure, but has a greatly leaning NLD frame especially in veg. The more rare, thinner pinene dominant BD is much more of an NLD leaner in terms of flower structure, thinner laminae, fewer subtending leaflets and much larger calyxes.

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

I completely disagree. The common BD smells more like GDP or the other purples than a BB, in fact it resides in the same terpene class. The majority of BB traits are pretty much buried in this hybrid.

She is NLD dominant in growth profile, but it's not a classic pure NLD plant.. she thickens up with significant BLD influence and flower structure, but has a greatly leaning NLD frame especially in veg. The more rare, thinner pinene dominant BD is much more of an NLD leaner in terms of flower structure, thinner laminae, fewer subtending leaflets and much larger calyxes.

I ran a pack of dj's bd cross called azure haze. I saved a bb pheno that throws fat bb structured buds, n has an even blend of bb/evergreen.

the other pheno I saved smells of pungent putrid evergreen. very potent aroma while growing. structure is much more like my old ssh cut. much more nld, with long narrow colas. cures to an almost sweet evergreen wrigleys gum flavor. me like. my buddy runs the bd indica structured clone, and I personally think both my phenos are better than the clone only floating around MI.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Charles,
I would've expected you to know more about Blue Dream than you post implies.
Its a perfect hybrid.
You say sativa dom but I say it is nothing like real sativa dom plants.
Blue Dream has some of the most authentic BB smells and flavors currently on the (easily accessible) market, now that DJ can't reproduce th real thing anymore

And Snow's BBB is amazing in crosses - I've found pure Blueberry.... check out my cross - CRxBBB - Cindys Rhino x BlueberryBlast
Than we are not talking about the same plant I find very little blueberry came through in BD it reminds me of a bland smelling Northern Lights , really the Cutting I have that came directly from Norcal smells much like NL dominant SSH clones that were common place in Netherlands in 03

I don't know much about it that much is true as I have stated just working with 1 big gal now , it grows much like Acapulco gold x Nepalese or even a little bit like Willie Nelson that is my subjective experience I just transplanted the Big lady today looking at her roots and general structure she reminds me of this type of Hybrid .
Certainly the Blueberry shows through a bit in flowers but not in the smell imop .
C