What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Google Sketchup Database

qbert

I modeled a Can 33 (easy), 6" square pot (also easy), Super Sun 2 (not too bad), S&P TD-150 and TD-200 (getting tougher, and a Soleus Air fan (sorta, quite tough).

My models sorta suck, not all my surfaces jive together right (like the hood), but outer dimesions are pretty close. I'll try to get to uploading that stuff soon.

Kinda forgot to post it back here. Anyway here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/341998080/components.skp

iy068n.png

gdbud

Here is my cabinet that I just finished building
I'm currently doing my first grow in it.
picture.php

Front side

picture.php

The back of the cabinet
The opening at the bottom is for a 12"x20" furance filter.
The tall vertical item is the duct that leads from the light to the fan. It is cut away to show the openings for the cool-tube.

picture.php

The finished cabinet.

bengie187

thats nice GDbud....I Dl this program but i was too impatient to learn it so it still sits......but illl throuw my shed up when its completed

gdbud

Bengie give it a try it's a real easy program to use.
All you have to do is make a square, click on the face of the square and pull it into box shape.

Thank you much for the link this program. Before, I was using Gimp 2.6 to help me visualize what I wanted to design. Google Sketchup is much easier to work with. In addition with Sketchup, you can design with precision and accuracy that reflect the current dimension that are available to you, in both English and Metric measurements. Google has tutorial videos you can watch that are very newbie friendly.

KanadianKronik

Heres something i made in sketch ^, It would have 6 T5 lights, not really something for massive plants but it would do a decent job, and be cheap to run. If ever built i would for sure look into using leds instead. also a few other idea i may make to show. one thing i woud change off the start with this would be to extend the air box to around the fan to help cut down on more noise. and the fan would be hung with rubber cords to absorb vibrations, i forgot to add the cords. here are some pics.

KK