What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Google Sketchup Database

Bumped because we need to get more resources. Anyone got some good tutorials, light fixtures, vent fans, etc?

Also, can this be stickied seeing as we're using it more than a little bit by half? Thanks mods! :D

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
Sketchup is wonderful. Wish I had found this thread sooner. Once I get back to my home computer I'll load up my cab ideas.

Damm i got the shiver my timbers version and it wont upload them !!!

thats my cabinet as some may have seen and now its time to rebuild it for me to have a second one hehe

I love his googlesketchUp it rocks !!! mine are mainly for the woodwork design cutting lengths etc as the box is designed to be collapsable and such but someone may get some ideas....(They are all accurate to the mm)

Goals of the box ::
  • Totally Light proof
  • Smell proof
  • Odor proof (Carbon filter rocks with this)
  • Sound surpressed (yeh virtually well down to a fidge noise is good enough for me)

Oh and the basic layout for my clone and quick grow box

Ive been jumping up and down about this simple tool over at OzStoners and was starting to get a bit down that no one else has seemed to jump on the wagon for a bit of planning

Damm awesome some of those ones ppl !!!

Email me via overgrow2@gmail.com and ill send ya the files if yous want!! (Damm stupid antipiracy thingo)

LEGI0N

I'm all over this.. in the past I've used software that was way over kill for little projects like Lightwave and 3dxmax..

Yeah, it looks nice but.. for layout and to get the point across and conceptualize a space this is great.

For the uber geek.. this is also written in Ruby.. The way it works with shapes is very intuitive and really helps the work flow. I just wish I had more stuff to make.. :D

Nerd_Weed

This is my 100% DIY MDF Cabinet done here in Brazil. Here we don't even have growshops, actually only have one. Its impossible to buy a Vortex-like fan for less than 500 bucks, wich is more than i would pay for an apartment rent... its impossible to find a full carbon filter assembly... cooltube, nutes, even tools are harder to find if they exist in here. So here is my project

Armario-Front_View_3-.JPG

43524Armario-Segundo_Andar_Inside_View.jpg

estufa_MDF-FullView.jpg

The holes on the button are for passive air intake. It doesn't work so well becouse the holes are too smal, but it giver fresh air directly into the bushes... i actually made 6 holes.

Bought my MDF and asked shop to cut it and give a finishing on the borders so it won't get moisture into it.

P3080051.JPG

P3010289.JPG

P3240044.JPG

43524Buracos-Juntos.jpg

labirinto1.jpg

exaustor_vazando_luz.jpg

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=74902c387e291797f84f5f35037a4f7

tobaaaac

My friend uses this software to design night club interiors. He downloaded a lot of properly sized already rendered items to use. For example, when designing the booth, he had found Technix 1200's already sketched up and put them in the proper locations. I say that we basically create an archive of that type of thing. We should start sketching specific carbon filters, tables, fans, reflector hoods etc. I'll sketch up a Cool Sun XL 8" hood and a CAN-Filter 66 later.

With enough models of all the growing equipment people might use, a Flash app could be built that could be like a SketchUp-lite for people who want to build a box.

Choose: cabinet, growtent, closet space
size of light
blowers & fans
hydro systems

It's possible! :)

mAKo BuDz

dymaxion grow said:
With enough models of all the growing equipment people might use, a Flash app could be built that could be like a SketchUp-lite for people who want to build a box.

Choose: cabinet, growtent, closet space
size of light
blowers & fans
hydro systems

It's possible! :)

Let us know when you finish it. lol

mAKo BuDz

Sorry for double post but im stuck, how do you join a horizontal pipe to a verticle pipe and make a nice 90 degree elbow join??
THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.. :wallbash:

L

lostinethereal

I've been playing around with sketchup to help design this cab I want to do. I have a cab I thought would work great, I went to htgsupply and looked at the 4inch fan/filter combo to get an idea of the size (and I plan to order it, I think it'll work nicely for this ), and to do a general mockup of everything. Much better than the crappy scribbles I do on paper I can hardly understand afterwards. The blue squares the same size as a cut down juice bottle, turns out 3 fit perfectly depthwise, but I'm not necessarily gonna use 'em. The shelf they're resting on is already inside the cab, I plan to add some tracks (the silver things) so I can slide it out for easy access, not pictured are 2x 8x8 dark room louvers in the bottom. Great tool for aiding in the design, probably the most crucial stage.

I'll probably make some adjustments to the real cab, but this was awesome for helping me make sure the shit will fit before I order it.

Latest posts

Latest posts