What's new

ICMAG Administration endorses The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCal530

its right there in the title of the section..i bolded it for you.

the section that concerns you is dealing with commercial not personal.

19 allows anyone over 21 a 25sq' garden and no municipality can take that away or lessen it only increase it

hope this helps:tiphat:
ah ok :D. It is all really confusing and you have to question it all like 3-4 times over.
So my next question, would this effect taxes on MMJ?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
The first bolded part said "Regardless of prop 19". That makes Cordova even more fucked up, because then they are attempting to tax the MMJ card holder growing their own meds (the only registered gardens / smokers they know of). And throwing bigger tax fines at growers when they are uncovered.

I will admit that the opponent groups you listed are no friends of mine and it is surreal to be on the same side of anything as them. But I'm not the only grower on ICmag that thinks this is bad for our CA brothers.

:joint:

i wholeheartedly agree the draconian legislation proposed by the city of rc is wrong.
i just dont see how it is a reason to vote against my own interests or the interests of every other user in california?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i wholeheartedly agree the draconian legislation proposed by the city of rc is wrong.
i just dont see how it is a reason to vote against my own interests or the interests of every other user in california?

Fair enough, and it is nice to agree that the draconian set up RC is trying for is pure EVIL.

This is what I meant by patch work prohibition. People can't pay $15K for a hobby garden so they'll either not grow or be tax criminals.

You've got to think that San Diego will be next to pull some crap like this.

None of us knows how this will turn out, but it looks like the scene is going to be very crazy for the next few years.

:joint:

localhero

im wondering if we the people can challenge laws like that cordova thing? wouldnt it be an overtly obvious restriction on the low low minimum of 25'? i mean shit, if that was repeated, thats even worse than canopy limits.

said county: so they wanna grow do they? well it clearly states i can tax them , hey why dont we make the tax so insanely high that no one will be able to afford to grow? that way we wont be denying their right to grow, just making it slightly too expensive bwahahahaha.

thats rididculous to tax someone 1250 a month to squat on a measley 25' ft.

tell me how cheap the new world will be in cordova when even a small commercial op of just an acre will cost $26,136,000 bucks. 26 million for an acre?

anyways that sux, does it state in 19 that your minimum personal grow is not subject to taxing? if not, wow is that a serious loophole.

This sounds like the original drug and machine gun tax stamp acts. Anyway hold the fuckin' phone (Stones on the line). I thought this tax is for commercial only? Seems they just wanna discourage production in their locale. Besides the people can easily stand against that if they feel strongly enough to begin with. Like erm the original prop itself?

-S.E.

im wondering if we the people can challenge laws like that cordova thing? wouldnt it be an overtly obvious restriction on the low low minimum of 25'? i mean shit, if that was repeated, thats even worse than canopy limits.

said county: so they wanna grow do they? well it clearly states i can tax them , hey why dont we make the tax so insanely high that no one will be able to afford to grow? that way we wont be denying their right to grow, just making it slightly too expensive bwahahahaha.

thats rididculous to tax someone 1250 a month to squat on a measley 25' ft.

tell me how cheap the new world will be in cordova when even a small commercial op of just an acre will cost $26,136,000 bucks. 26 million for an acre?

anyways that sux, does it state in 19 that your minimum personal grow is not subject to taxing? if not, wow is that a serious loophole.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Well voters will need to vote this in, which I doubt would pass. And if it did, then fuck it, move onto greener pastures.

You will see lots of anti mj towns try and pass similar legislation. Also outdoor growing is only 1250 per 25 sqft. Lot of room for success there....

NorCal530

Well voters will need to vote this in, which I doubt would pass. And if it did, then fuck it, move onto greener pastures.

You will see lots of anti mj towns try and pass similar legislation. Also outdoor growing is only 1250 per 25 sqft. Lot of room for success there....
yeah, one plant haha

localhero

the nickle and diming and parsing of our mj laws on the local level has always been my biggest fear as far having the greatest ability to hinder the movement.

rc's bulshit is gonna push everyone into pot friendly counties. well how the fuck does that help us? alot of the people who care about mj will be leaving the places where the fight needs to be fought the hardest.

it just looks like 19 will push alot of people back to the default position 215.

i mean even if rc had the forethought that their law will be challenged as bein excessive, well wheres the middle ground? 600 per ft on your 25 and 900 for each foot beyond? lets say it gets halved after a lawsuit? thats still fucking insane.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
rc's bulshit is gonna push everyone into pot friendly counties. well how the fuck does that help us? alot of the people who care about mj will be leaving the places where the fight needs to be fought the hardest.
this is the only way to get their attention...

mas exodus will hurt the pocketbook

or vote the prohibitionists out.

i think this is one of the great things about 19 it outs the prohibitionists!

i know there are people on this and other boards i have respected since the OG days that i know for what they are now.

but lets not get too caught up in sc's bullshit because it is proposed as "regardless of 19's passage"

igrowone

Veteran
interesting journey into the darkside with this municipality and 'we'll tax it!'<br>
this is not a slam dunk by any means, municipalities cannot, for example, tax the air you breathe(maybe not a good idea to mention that)<br>
here's a quick snippet from one of the legal advice sites, http://www.legal-advice-forum.com/showthread.php?t=68<br><br>

Most county and local municipalities taxes are based upon ownership of real property, local sales taxes, and local personal property or use taxes. County and local municipality taxes are established at the local level and thus often do not pattern federal or state taxes, however, these taxes must comply with both federal and state law in order to be enforceable (collectable). <br><br>

this is a complicated topic, which excites my interest, anything to push back the forces of darkness

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
interesting journey into the darkside with this municipality and 'we'll tax it!'<br>
this is not a slam dunk by any means,

Voters in Rancho Cordova will decide in November whether to tax residents who grow their own pot.

The only people who would vote in favor of this are anti-mj people. If they do decide that (pretty much removing mj growers) thats fine with me. They will lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions of dollars, in revenue to other localities that will not be as harsh with their mj stance. I dont want to force anything on anybody. There are still dry counties that do not serve alcohol, and as I see it as a completly draconian law in this day and age, I still respect their right to not allow it. California is a very large state and Rancho Cordova is but a grain of sand in comparison....

So why would I vote NO against 19 because 1 out of 489 cities in california have taken a negative stance towards it??? Oh well, guess ill have to live in one of the other 488 cities in california, oh wait, I already do....:dance013::dance013:

There comes three options

a) you can fight the good fight against your local representives to change their stance on the subject.

b) you can work to remove elected officials

or bettter yet

c) if there is such a conservative anti mj community that wants these sort of taxes and laws, MOVE. Who wants to live in a town like that anyways? Id much rather live where the people WANT me there and respect our position allowing us to make a very positive impact on the local community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts