What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I though cannabis saturated at 1050umol/s were did you get that info? If I'm correct you might be wasting 50% of your light. Now lets move on to the 600w objective. If you want to compare led vs hid just buy a gavita pro 600 and do a side by side with the ss260 in a 3x2... I would love to see that one.

And please refer to your unanswered threads I'm curious

I am aware that you have been in contact with Amare, so best to get your answers directly from the horses mouth

Other growers are doing side-by-sides.

Again, Amare can direct you

Meison

Some pics of the buds at week 5, lowered the HPS to 332w summer is hitting hard, so with the plasma is 602w total!

Keep those 600w running!!!

After exchanging emails with Amare tech, I decided the right thing to do was to edit this post as they had no part in this discussion. And shouldn't be misunderstood in their statements, I agree with a lot of things with them, and I will end this discussion now and won't keep arguing with PetFlora due to his lack of knowledge on the subject.

I advice you PetFlora, not to state things you haven't research yourself personally.
And to clarify this, I will quote them to prove you wrong in your statement

My bad. To clarify...

The 260 within it's 3x2 footprint will outperform a 600HPS.

"Our lights will surpass the 600w PAR intensity within it's 3x2 footprint. The 600w HID will have a larger footprint and coverage, therefore, will outperform the SS260 in terms of yield only, and not quality. 2 SS260(520w) will surpass the 600 PAR by 20%+."

This means the quality of the light is better and I agree with that for several reasons I won't get into, but as you can see you are out of place with that statement in this 600w club. A single panel won't yield as much as a 600, but will bring a better quality product.

Last edited:

HarvestMoon303

This means the quality of the light is better and I agree with that for several reasons I won't get into, but as you can see you are out of place with that statement in this 600w club. A single panel won't yield as much as a 600, but will bring a better quality product.

I highly doubt that an LED will give a "higher quality product". Quality is mostly genetics, and size/energy is mostly lights/sun. Hell, there are still debates on MH vs HPS (vs LEC, vs Plasma), and I've seen outstanding grows under each type of light.

Meison

I highly doubt that an LED will give a "higher quality product". Quality is mostly genetics, and size/energy is mostly lights/sun. Hell, there are still debates on MH vs HPS (vs LEC, vs Plasma), and I've seen outstanding grows under each type of light.

Actually if you put aside genetics, the quality of the light is indeed important and makes the difference, there's no discussion between the sun and artificial lights right?

HPS vs HM or vs Led I will debate on that, but after using a plasma for over a year, there's no discussion here. My 270w plasma killed compared to my 250w philips HPS. Not only in yield, but the quality of the smoke.. here is where the full spectrum lights prove themselves, not only due to the full spec but also because of UVA&UVB, my buds have never been so full of trichs until I got my hands on a plasma.
Plasma for veg and flower works awesome, HPS for veg works ok, and works great for flowering. Most people argue either HPS or HM, until they use plasma! Most use HM for veg or early flower, then switches to HPS. Now we knwo HPS should hava plasma right by it as supplemental light!

I bet 4 plasmas (1080w) covering 2x2meters would be better than 1000w HPS, even a double ended. Of course the price of this setup is insane, but its proven that sun light will always defeat artificial light, specially the ones concentrated in only a space of the spec, instead of the whole. I will leave a link to a research done about the importance of green light withing white light, just so you see that latest researches shown that its not true what we used to believe, if the type of light wouldn't change a thing, indoor plants and outdoor plants of the same genetics should have the same terps, and we all know it does not happen this way yet

http://pcp.oxfordjournals.org/content/50/4/684.full.pdf+html

cheers

HarvestMoon303

Actually if you put aside genetics, the quality of the light is indeed important and makes the difference, there's no discussion between the sun and artificial lights right?

I bet 4 plasmas (1080w) covering 2x2meters would be better than 1000w HPS, even a double ended. Of course the price of this setup is insane, but its proven that sun light will always defeat artificial light, specially the ones concentrated in only a space of the spec, instead of the whole.

cheers
...exactly. I'd love plasmas too, but the price is insane. How about the newer LECs? They are supposed to have a large spec. Also, I wouldn't use one 1000w HPS to cover a 6x6 (36 sq feet), but I'm sure that I could use 4 plasmas or 4 600's.

I would love to see a side by side by side by side with the same genetics, same food and water, all clones and then hear a "double blind" smoke report. Heck, I wish that I had the $$ to do one, it would be really interesting.

Meison

Just wanted to post a pic of my results. I cant say enough about the 600w lights.. Once your room is dialed these babies can yield!!!

Cheers,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58845&pictureid=1409990View Image

Nice buds dude!

...exactly. I'd love plasmas too, but the price is insane. How about the newer LECs? They are supposed to have a large spec. Also, I wouldn't use one 1000w HPS to cover a 6x6 (36 sq feet), but I'm sure that I could use 4 plasmas or 4 600's.

I would love to see a side by side by side by side with the same genetics, same food and water, all clones and then hear a "double blind" smoke report. Heck, I wish that I had the $$ to do one, it would be really interesting.

Hell yeah, I'm up for that!!! I would love to see something like that. 4 - 3x3 tents, same genetics. Chop the clones to the same size, with same amount of leaves. Root them all in a rw cube till the roots are squared then transplant.

270w plasma vs 275w HPS vs 250w MH vs 260w ss260

The problem is what grow method should be used?

1 - 3 gal smart pots + Coco + blumats (all feed from the same rez. To their own needs, exploiting the potential of each plant)

2- 5 gal Soil? I would prefer to compare in hydroponics

3- Hugo blocks with drippers (all from the same rez)

flood and drain doesn't sound so good, too many gals to fill per tray. Maybe e&f buckets??

4 - ppk? I have seen some nice grows in this forum using ppk, they all feed from the same rez

what you guys think? Anyone here willing to do that?

MR502

MR502 checkin in 600w eye hortilux super hps Apollo digital ballast and cool tube. 3x4 room full of bagseed...lol. next run is 2 mad kush fems 1 purple haze and 1 Jackberry x shack fem.

Croptober

What is the distance between your guys plants and hood? I've read anywhere from 8-24 inches is ideal but that's a big gap. Any help is greatly appreciated.

gunslinger

hi guys heres my blue cheese under a 600w =)

first pic there is 2 ballasts because i have a 600w and a 400w but because of heat the 400w is off =)

T

The_Core

I ran an Air cooled 600 and the tops of the plants were touching the glass or within half inch of the glass on the air cooled hood and the plants had no bleaching and no burnt leaf tips. I believe if you have a properly air cooled bulb you can get within 6 inches but eventually you will get light bleaching.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Got a question for you 600 heads. I got a friend claiming hes hitting over 2lbs per 600hps and im calling bullshit. Is anybody hitting those kind of #s with 600s. I hit that with 1ks but hard for me to believe withu 600s.

Last edited:
M

Madlabscientist

hey guys i am just about to start a grow..i bought a tent 120cm x 120cm and 600watt m/h
and 600watt greenpower bulb..i hope to get 15oz with 9 plants..is this possible ?

M

Madlabscientist

hey the core what size of fan did you use on your 600watt air cooled light..as i may invest in an aircooled reflector...