Cobra420

After getting the Blumats hooked up.

PExCC

picture.php

Satori

picture.php

SDK

picture.php

Dialing in the Blumats now but should be smooth sailing from here.

Thanks Harley420..

Cobra420, are them seeds Fem? Have you ever considered starting seeds in smaller containers and transplanting them as they get bigger? Keep it up!

New grower here and wondering what the Benifit of starting in a smaller put does? Thanks

IMO smaller plants grow faster in smaller pots. Also i feel plants and pot size go hand in hand.. 1' plant = 1 gallon pot, and 2' plant = 2 gallon.. That's my opinion. Its just a weed and can grow well many different ways that what makes it fun!!

evorider

Atm im growing in hydroponics, but great to know about pot size as I'm going to be putting a plant or 2 on my deck this spring in soiled pots. Maybe even adding a drop system

C

cheddacat

reply to john louue

reply to john louue

Im running barebulb 600 in a 3 x 3. Dehumidifier is set to 50 and the temps are set to 65 with lights off and 75 lights on. I exhaust through my scrubber right outside the tent with a 6 inch 460 cfm fan exhaustin that tent and an 8 x 4. Things are great. Just control your room temp and humidity and youll be golden. I have a cooltube but dont use it. Too big for that tent if you ask me. Since switching from cooltube to barebulb.no reflector I havent looked back.try it. I personnaly think a cheap reflector like the ones on cooltubes bring about 10° with em. Barebulb or bust. From my experience. Barebulb in my tent is 10 inches from canopy tops
picture.php
.no burn. No bleaching. Just nuggys. Phantom ballast.badass bulb

I am with you about the bare bulbs.. I like my reflector flat and about 3" from the top of the bulb.. Only time i would ever use a sealed hood would be if heat was an issue.. Do you feel good about your Nigh temp being at 65? IMO 68 to 72 for night, 75 to 78 for day.. I think a little bit warmer in the night keeps them growing..

C

cheddacat

green grass

green grass

Im doing that right now in the last few weeks trying to see if I can get any color . Im new to this so thx.for the advice.
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, I replaced my BML SPYDR 600 LED (~ 300w actual), said to be 600w equivalent) with Amare Technologies Solar Spec 260 and in another tent 2 SS 150s. Both have much higher intensity and umoles/m^/sec than the SPYDR

Both provide umoles that are on a par (better actually) with hps 600s, with virtually no heat, and a full PAR spectrum. Comes with a veg and flower switch

SolarSpec260: 1850umol@12", 1049umol@24", 685umol@36"

Meison

Hey guys, I replaced my BML SPYDR 600 LED (~ 300w actual), said to be 600w equivalent) with Amare Technologies Solar Spec 260 and in another tent 2 SS 150s. Both have much higher intensity and umoles/m^/sec than the SPYDR

Both provide umoles that are on a par (better actually) with hps 600s, with virtually no heat, and a full PAR spectrum. Comes with a veg and flower switch

SolarSpec260: 1850umol@12", 1049umol@24", 685umol@36"

care to post the link to that?? its kind of a bold statement since gavita's pro 600 has some nice umol/s, if not wrong the highest output for a 600w lamp out there.

If someone would use a plasma light and an hps to achieve 600w I think they would get better light quality and umol/s output than any led in the market

and what's the area they cover @ 12'' 24'' and 36''?? Pretty sure 600w hps can take a 4x4 at 30'' with a nice umol avg..

Meison

Pro 600 has a 1170umol/s measured in a Ulbricht sphere with no reflector, taking that into account, two thirds of your light comes from the reflector.. meaning it has a lot more output inside the reflector concentrating the light into an area... let's say 4x4 very good output and 5x5 good enough not to waste any light on the walls.

How do solarpsec take measurements? That's also important in this case

I mean photosynthethic photon flux density PPFD is the umols output dived by the sqm covered.. in practice is a lil bit tricky since you have to calculate reflector loses from loses from wall reflection.

Please state the conditions of the measurements

As I said bold statement to do without all this information

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
care to post the link to that?? its kind of a bold statement since gavita's pro 600 has some nice umol/s, if not wrong the highest output for a 600w lamp out there.

If someone would use a plasma light and an hps to achieve 600w I think they would get better light quality and umol/s output than any led in the market

and what's the area they cover @ 12'' 24'' and 36''?? Pretty sure 600w hps can take a 4x4 at 30'' with a nice umol avg..

you can learn why I like these panels at

http://www.amaretechnologies.com/intensity.html

Meison

you can learn why I like these panels at

http://www.amaretechnologies.com/intensity.html

The ss260 is equivalent to 400w stated on their website...

The footprint it covers is 36''x24'' not even close to a 600w 4x4 to 5x5 depending on the brand and model you buy.

So 3x2 footprint, that's 6 sqfeet with a total of 1800 umol/s means an avarage of 300 umol/s per square foot... Not even as close as good as some HID I know

I don't even know how much is one ss260, please provide the information so I can compare not only the quality and efficiency of the product but the price too.

2 big fans on top of the panel tells me that no heat isn't a reality without them the panel would probably burn out. Unlike closed HID ballast with NO ventilation..
Clearly both heat up your air inside the grow room.

What's the warranty on the leds? I know some HID manufacturers give up to 3 years warranty on their products..

And they swear the light efficiency after 5000hrs of use is above 95%..

The LED site is lacking a lot of info so I emailed them for some extra values on some specific doubts I have to better compare.

But so far I'm pretty sure that LED panel can't compete with a quality 600w HID fixture

Maybe if you buy 2-3 and place them in a 5x5 vs 1 600w fixture you would be right..and I would love to see that. Because I don't want to make any assumptions or bold statements

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ss260 is equivalent to 400w stated on their website...

The footprint it covers is 36''x24'' not even close to a 600w 4x4 to 5x5 depending on the brand and model you buy.

So 3x2 footprint, that's 6 sqfeet with a total of 1800 umol/s means an avarage of 300 umol/s per square foot... Not even as close as good as some HID I know

I don't even know how much is one ss260, please provide the information so I can compare not only the quality and efficiency of the product but the price too.

2 big fans on top of the panel tells me that no heat isn't a reality without them the panel would probably burn out. Unlike closed HID ballast with NO ventilation..
Clearly both heat up your air inside the grow room.

What's the warranty on the leds? I know some HID manufacturers give up to 3 years warranty on their products..

And they swear the light efficiency after 5000hrs of use is above 95%..

The LED site is lacking a lot of info so I emailed them for some extra values on some specific doubts I have to better compare.

But so far I'm pretty sure that LED panel can't compete with a quality 600w HID fixture

Maybe if you buy 2-3 and place them in a 5x5 vs 1 600w fixture you would be right..and I would love to see that. Because I don't want to make any assumptions or bold statements

My bad. To clarify...

The 260 within it's 3x2 footprint will outperform a 600HPS.

SolarSystem 600(4 x SS-150): 1702umol@12", 1236umol@24", 810umol@36"

Spec260 - veg up to 6" 36", >6" 22-24", flower 18-22", depending on the strain light tolerance. Equatorial strains can handle more. This will put u between 1400-1500umol, which is the light saturation point for cannabis. (~1500umol/sec/m2).

You can go up to 10", depending on the strain. The 260 is at 1748@12", which is almost exactly the light saturation point for Equatorial strain which is ~1740umol/se/m2.

Meison

My bad. To clarify...

The 260 within it's 3x2 footprint will outperform a 600HPS.

SolarSystem 600(4 x SS-150): 1702umol@12", 1236umol@24", 810umol@36"

Spec260 - veg up to 6" 36", >6" 22-24", flower 18-22", depending on the strain light tolerance. Equatorial strains can handle more. This will put u between 1400-1500umol, which is the light saturation point for cannabis. (~1500umol/sec/m2).

You can go up to 10", depending on the strain. The 260 is at 1748@12", which is almost exactly the light saturation point for Equatorial strain which is ~1740umol/se/m2.

I though cannabis saturated at 1050umol/s were did you get that info? If I'm correct you might be wasting 50% of your light. Now lets move on to the 600w objective. If you want to compare led vs hid just buy a gavita pro 600 and do a side by side with the ss260 in a 3x2... I would love to see that one.

And please refer to your unanswered threads I'm curious

Latest posts

Latest posts