What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

mack 10

Veteran
Got a question for you 600 heads. I got a friend claiming hes hitting over 2lbs per 600hps and im calling bullshit. Is anybody hitting those kind of #s with 600s. I hit that with 1ks but hard for me to believe with 600s. Just dont understand why hes got to lie?

Seems high, I've heard similar but have never seen it.

hey guys i am just about to start a grow..i bought a tent 120cm x 120cm and 600watt m/h
and 600watt greenpower bulb..i hope to get 15oz with 9 plants..is this possible ?

This is much more attainable. 15 is a good starting point.
Hit that then aim for 20, then 25 .best I've seen was 30oz per 600.
Still trying to match / beat that on the regular.

One of my Bros claims he gets 45 -+ per 600w with Cheese, scrogg style.
Hes hydro though and I'm soil only.

M

Madlabscientist

hey mack10 i am thinking of going hydro in an flood and drain table..i read in a thread you where gonna set up a flood and drain table ? did you ever try it..i need 15oz per grow and i would be very happy

mack 10

Veteran
Yeah flood an drain is a good system.
Easy to set up and gives good results.

For a first grow I would do 9 plants in soil.
( smart pots are the bezt but any pot will do)
Get a good basic nutrient.
Keep temps under 28.c

Good luck.

M

Madlabscientist

Yeah flood an drain is a good system.
Easy to set up and gives good results.

For a first grow I would do 9 plants in soil.
( smart pots are the bezt but any pot will do)
Get a good basic nutrient.
Keep temps under 28.c

Good luck.

Hey Mack10 Thanks For All The Info.i have just Put Seeds Into
Glass of Water Then i Will Transplant Into Soil I will See if i can
get 9 x 3gal smart pots..i am defos saving for a Flood and drain
system..local hydro shop talked me into buying a Philips greenpower bulb at £45 i hope there good...Atb madlabscientist

T

The_Core

I run a 435 CFM valueline inline. I ordered a vortex but they sent the wrong inline and gave me in store credit for the difference. Fan has never let me down, moves lots of air. I pulled the air through a Phresh filter then through the inline, through the HID Hood and then out of the cab. Worked great for temperatures and humidity. Ran it non stop. Plants were basically touching the HID Glass lens and they were ok. I was using a Ushio Super HPS bulb at 600 WATT but its a 1000 watt bulb. I had it dialed down with a digital lumatek ballast. I have lots of gear but no where to grow right now. All my shit is just sitting around. Fuck living in apartments.

Miraculous Meds

Got a question for you 600 heads. I got a friend claiming hes hitting over 2lbs per 600hps and im calling bullshit. Is anybody hitting those kind of #s with 600s. I hit that with 1ks but hard for me to believe withu 600s.

Ive done it once. Its definitely possible. got to have everything dialed in to hit that, with decent yielding genetics. Heath pulled 46 zips I believe. but that was 86 plants, rdwc, vert, for one 600w.

I can do 25oz per 600w pretty consistently without being completely dialed, but very, very, close. U just cant have any major glitches or ur not gonna get there.

Had a bug prob, not gonna happen.
temp/rh swings too much, not gonna happen.
over/under water...
mis time pruning/training...

Theres lots of things that will reduce ur potential yield. The big things to dial in are

as close to even day/night temps as possible. within 5 degrees is fantastic. I like 80 to 85f/70rh

vpd, keep that rh at the correct range for the temp.

air flow, all leaves should move slightly. if ur exhausting for air control n co2 replenishment with fresh air intake, then 2 times a minute rocks.

master the water requirements n nutrient requirements. Ive found all my strains do well with 1.2ec.

then canopy management. have ur distance from bulb to furthest point in the canopy filled with branches to produce quality nugs, without overcrowding causing larf. that takes experience with a plant, to know how its going to fill in n stretch. And how u need to train it to fill the canopy perfectly.

I grow vert 600w, so ive found 20" from the bulb to be the distance where I get the best results. all the way to about 7" from the bulb before I start seeing bleaching.

Dial all those aspects in, with a good yielding phenotype, and u can get those kind of yields.

Croptober

Day 7 of flower, 3 Valley Girl OG, 2 Mendobreath, 2 GG4, 2 Slymer, 2 Lemon OG and 1 Bwiz. Fed House and Garden and OSA28. Here is a link to my thread for more details.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=298084

attachment.php

corky1968

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

I haven't grown in a while and got rid of my old 400 watt MH a while back. I seriously think I may join this 600 watt club.
I've only used 400 watts before with regular fluorescent bulbs alongside and always found that a little more light is needed
at the end. So I'm looking at this one right now. As a 1000 watt would be overkill.

I just read online that this ballast doesn't interfere with Radio Frequencies (RF) like some other older digital ballasts.
The last thing anyone wants is a complaint about you interfering with their cable or radio signals. I really hate when
unexpected people come knocking at my door. :mad:

Ace Ballast 600 watt

The ACE™ Dimmable Digital HID Ballast is a state of the art electronic ballast that can be used with both Metal Halide (MH)
or High Pressure Sodium (HPS) bulbs. It features a dimmable switch with the ability to adjust watt output for 3 different settings
and comes with both 120v and 240v power cords.
Technology:

Works with both MH and HPS lamps
Runs on 120v all the way through to 240v
Flow through circuit board design and highly reliable stainless steel ball bearing fans allow for 15% cooler running temperatures than standard ballasts
Power factor of 99.9% for 100% of the time
Generator ready

Features:

The dimmable switch allows you to select the exact wattage desired
Lamp cord receptacle accepts all LightEnerG™ lamp cords and reflectors
Meets and surpasses CSA and UL approval standards for safety, reliability and performance

What’s Included:

The ACE™ Dimmable Digital HID Ballast
Manual
120v Power Cord
240v Power Cord

Latest posts

Latest posts