What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I wanna Micro grow too!!!!

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I was dilly dallying with my camera and i finally figured it out.MACROS!!!

Not too bad from nikon 6m coolpix camera:joint:

Fuzz420

Veteran
Little midweek update:

Shot up to the hydro store again to grab some more goodies

Ive decided to round off and expand my existing Fox Farm line

Grow Big to finish off the liquids line up.Now i can fix that yellowing in preflower :)

I wanted to try something new hopefully this stuff does what its supposed to.There were only two bottles left on the shelf so im glad i got there when i did

Last but certainly not least ph test strips. Up untill now ive just been using tap water. I think my plants deserve a little fine tuning

dudethatsghetto

fuzz, just some friendly advise... tapwater is almost always nutral ph (around 7) so you dont need to adjust the ph. that really isnt necessary unless you are growing hydro. but to take care of the ph for your plants get some dolomitic lime (its lime in pellet form)..that will neutralize the ph of your soil every time water is added, and its slow release so just a couple tbsp will last you the duration of your grow... good luck

Fuzz420

Veteran
Dude- thanks for the good advice. So i should have looked into a soil ph kit :chin:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
you dont need any specific kind of ph kit, the strips are good enough. the drops would have been better, but the strips will work. collect runoff, test with strips. red is acidic blue is basic, green is perfect 7.

Fuzz420

Veteran
From my understanding, depending on the type of pH reader you have, you shouldn't need any sort of soil specific meter. What kind do you have, Fuzz?

just the basic strips

you dont need any specific kind of ph kit, the strips are good enough. the drops would have been better, but the strips will work. collect runoff, test with strips. red is acidic blue is basic, green is perfect 7.

thanks. i wanted the drops but i was trying to keep my cost down so i went with strips. Im due for a feeding tomorrow so ill do it just as you suggested.

microgram

In the long run after like 5 years, it'll probably be cheaper to go with a tester. They aren't cheap, they're around 75-100$ retail. If you're a serious grower, you may as well just use the same meter, or pick up one from potential profits you may have made from growing. But for small grows, the best idea is to use the litmus paper test strips: they work good in most instances: Pools, hot tubs, rain barrels, etc. Im sure they'll work fine with the run off from soil too. They're just an issue if you're color blind. haha!

Cheers,
ug.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Got around to testing the run off. The kush plant was receiving big bloom,tiger bloom, and beastie bloomz, tested the runoff this morning after feeding and it measure 6 on the ph scale:woohoo:

The diesel plants were just watered with a hint of grow big and the run off was 7(neutral) on the scale.

Fuzz420

Veteran
My final batch of seeds arrived. Came with el monstre freebies as seen in an earlier post. I cant wait to get these and my M.O.D. bx going :joint:

RudieJ

I love this grow, especially the supercropping. I haven't done it yet, but during my current grow, one of the plants is MUCH taller than the others. He/she has a couple weeks on his/her buddies... haha, BUDdies. I kill me.
Anyway, I'm thinking about supercropping this time around and seeing how it goes for me.

Fuzz420

Veteran
Rudie-Thanks for the kind words. The super cropping is pretty straight forward. Within 24hr she showed signs of recovery. On my diesels im going to try more lst, or else im pretty sure ill have to do the same thing again once they reach that point. If i hadnt super cropped the og, it was going to be one long nug, but now its going to have a 90* shift in it:yummy:

Fuzz420

Veteran
Up diddly update!!!

Week 6 of 12/12 or 5th week since she showed sex

Og kush smell has came full on since the addition of beastie bloomz:yoinks:

Just as i hoped this week the NYCD F3's showed me sex. What i didnt expect was 3/3 females. Talk about luck of the fucking draw:woohoo:

In my opinion this Diesel has the best growth structure. She showed sex first and looks very vigorous.If i had to choose a keeper right now this one would be it.

This last one is barely showing but shes seems to lag slight behind the other 2 but shes coming along

Diesel family shot :grouphug:

Aww how sweet the Og Kush is looking over her Diesel roomates

At this point i would say im about 3 weeks from finish on the kush. Thus far this micro grow has been a complete success :joint:

Fuzz420

Veteran
Thanks man. You know what they say when theres a will theres a way.Happy growing :canabis: