O Captain! My Captain!...

O Captain! My Captain!...

tumblr_lx2399FBpC1r8bcw1o1_400.png

I would have paid to see these two mud wrestle
everythingsocial.jpg

Hermanthegerman

Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen
Veteran
....I was young and the wind was blowing from south/west, the whole city was stinking like fish, because of the fishing port and the factorys where they worked with the fish, or by night, mostly it was foggy and I was hearing the metal working sound of the shipyards for miles.

Sounds that the younger generations don´t know no more, shipyards closed, fish comes frozen today from fishfactory ships.

Stinkymutt

Well Im not as old as some of you guys at all but growing up in the 80's was a very weird experience. The war on drugs started and DARE programs haha . DARE taught all us teenagers how to use the bongs we didnt dare touch . My dad was a cop so it was double jeopardy doing anything illegal. But man we had some good clean fun growing up. We lived on a country rd with about 10 houses on it . Most of the houses had kids and we were all about the same age. Some of the shit we did was incredible , just the fact that we did it and survived . One buddy got an eye put out , but he made it . Then we had 3 wheelers , a couple gallons of gas from someones gas tank and we were moving for a day lol

Mr.Miner

Not an old guy but ripe enough to have some memories of some cool days past...

Walking up to the train station for a Camel after playing ball in the street for hours

Every day being unsupervised. Period. We always walked to school from first grade and up.

Strangers were not looked at as possible pedophiles but rather just....other people...

Getting enormous- unweighed, cheap, bags from the entire color spectrum. One day gold, another maroon, another brown.

Narrow, plastic skateboards

Selling reduced lunch tickets on the side for real submarines...pure luxury

Going to the neighbors houses just for the hell of it

Spending all day, everyday, outside and not getting sunburned

N

noyd666

remember sitting at school desk with INK WELLS AND NIB PEN, FUK I HATED FUK'N SCHOOL.LOL.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first Earth Day April 22, 1970 celebration. Was in high school. A group of us were out cleaning up trash in a vacant lot near the high school to commemorate the day.

In the tumble weeds and trash, I found a $20 dollar bill!! Whoo-hoo! Guess what I spent it on???!!! Hint: green and three finger bag! ;o)

Best FREE $20 spent! ;o)

N

noyd666

I remember my leather jacket and a smile from a girl.
:biggrin: yep now you have reminded me of my first leather jacket 13 or 14 years old, brand new stag jacket , put about 200 fuk'n studs in it.lol was to big for me for years. still had it when I got my first motor cycle, or motor bike as we called them then.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I remember being a kid interested in astronomy and getting to try on one of the early space suits in 1957/58.

The man who had the suit was a scientist getting ready to study the atmosphere of venus looking for water vapor (balloon infrared astronomy).

During take-off, the balloon ripped in half before leaving the ground.:toohot:

Latest posts

Latest posts