What's new

I remember when,.......

atk7

No cable tv , no cell phones , no internet. did have three over the air channels on a good day , a land line,an encyclopedia,and a library. The only improvement from then till now is the internet.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
..... a missing kid was a rare and unusual thing. I can still remember the first "missing child" report I heard as a kid - it was the only news on tv & papers for weeks.

IIRC, they never did find her.

Mid to late 60's

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
No cable tv , no cell phones , no internet. did have three over the air channels on a good day , a land line,an encyclopedia,and a library. The only improvement from then till now is the internet.

..... and don't forget the Blue Laws - no shopping/grocery or movies on Sunday's, nothing but Church and the family dinner.:bow:

Hermanthegerman

Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen
Veteran
What did you do that required Mr Cash to strike you?

Sorry for my bad english, I ment the moment were I first heard Johnny Cash. I was a kid from 10-12 years, bought a cheap best off compilation in the Supermarket and back home I put the record on the record Player and remember "the Alamo" until today. :biggrin:
The Moment were I heard this voice the first time.

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
I remember when I was jealous that I had not a bicycle like that

2054295.jpg

N

noyd666

Couldn't buy beer or liquor either. Hard times they were.
:biggrin: remember no sunday grog sales here in oz, pubs shut at six pm then, six oclock swill it was called, buy a heap of glass'es and swill em down, sunday we would drive anywhere up to a hundred miles just for a couple of long necks at sly grog farmhouses or you could sign in as a boarder. always had good time at these places , music piano, sqeeze box, any fights no come back. go to the pub now and you might not get back.:tiphat:

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
when, I was a kid and was growing up with every Kind of jazz musik, except modern jazz. My parents heard that Music and i love it until today. Satchmo, Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa the greatest Drummer,...dixyland Jazz. U can get the Boy outta tha jazz, but never the jazz outta that Boy ;-) :tiphat:

N

noyd666

I remember stealing bags of cordial bottles from backyards of shops for resale back to same shops lol ,it worked nicely.

nukklehead

virginia slims sponsered the womens professional tennis tournament...

I saw those chicks taking a puff between matches.... lol...

"playing it KOOL" at the KOOL Jazz festival.. how the fuck did
they breathe on those brass instruments..... ?????

And of course the Winston cup.... uuuum wont go there... lol..

NOt bitching.. I am ashamed to be a tobacco consumer..

Just having fun.... :biggrin:

Midnite Toker

Veteran
I was remembering when people use to ward off an attack with a "judo chop".
judo+chop.jpg

It's been a while since I've heard anyone refer to a "judo chop" let alone execute a proper chop. What's wrong with people?:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts