What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I no longer believe Broad Mites cause DUDDING

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Doing some research on the topic because Ive had these sypmtoms in the past but never had actual broad mite infections in my personal gardens. It's possible they were treated for bm's before hand but couldn't say either way. I had a chem sister plant do a full out dud in veg cloning one time and I notice most looked good but a couple looked different after a few weeks. After I flowered them out and realized they were garbage I didn't think much of it to be honest. I did as I alway did kept the best looking clone as the mom to use for a while and I didn't see a chem sis dud ever again. Later down the road when I grew out some ogs I would noticed certain plants would have random stems dud out Tahoe og was the first then pk and triangle, the triangle actually full out duded once but again didn't think much of it . I figure since at the time I was using a trellis the ogs were more stressed out on top of running a room at 78-82 with co2 I thought maybe they're were being pushed I don't crush every single plant I grow every grow. I never had enough damage to ever complain about it though or put any extra thought into it at the time because nothing else I had ever showed it In veg or flower. I came across someone thinking this is oxysporum fusarium and if I had to make an educated guess I think this is probably what is causing the the problem. We have more people growing marijuana than ever before I don't feel we have new diseases just newer generation farmers/growers learning what also effects the plant we love.

https://books.google.com/books?id=c...onepage&q=fusarium oxysporum curative&f=false

The link above is from a Google book I was reading if you read page 101 where it says vascular wilt it sounds dead on from what I saw personally and others have described its very short only a few paragraphs.

I should also mention I don't run any of the cuts I had because I lost them to an eagle resistant pm infected cookie cut. I usually like to take on a challenge But decided it wasnt worth the risk or energy since I was moving to a new spot. Since them I've been poping seeds Hoping to find newer in House genetics that are verified clean from today's headaches.

2ppl

attachment.php
This is the clone of mine that I thought I trashed but was hidden. It's been vegged 4 weeks. It's gg4 that dudded on me , which I took clones of. Noticed on the right side , on the lower end of the branch, the gash...it's all over the plant. The part of the stem that's dangling right next to the black plug is where I test snapped the brittle stem,and the tear that u see right above my fingers is where I snapped the plant in half to be tossed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 17

ruan99

The so called dud is and has always been grower error. You are feeding with water that is too cold. Feed a cycle with 70f water and watch your dud disappear.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran

I love that this thread has devolved into the monosyllabic realm.
It used to be a wealth of knowledge, now it's folks trying to prove ridiculous points that make no sense, whilst others covet some secret recipe and taunt the folks looking for a solution.
Good job.

Bongstar420

Thats because we are in a competition. DUH.

We have way too many unqualified rich people.

Is your goal to make Cannabis production unprofitable?

I will not be an employee nor will I work for non-profit unless all people work for non-profit.

You can figure out the answers if you are deserving of wealth. You can do it at a basic library with internet access. There is no way someone deserves to take business from another person that gives them the answers to life.

I'm living in poverty right now. Why should I give away my livelihood to a bunch of halfwits?

And yes, I had a full dud and reversed it. You want the answer? I need to be a millionaire sitting at the top of my production enterprise with many facilities under my ownership. I need to be guaranteed that businesses like Marlboro or any lesser skilled investment enterprise will be shunned from my market.

I love that this thread has devolved into the monosyllabic realm.
It used to be a wealth of knowledge, now it's folks trying to prove ridiculous points that make no sense, whilst others covet some secret recipe and taunt the folks looking for a solution.
Good job.

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Thats because we are in a competition. DUH.

We have way too many unqualified rich people.

Is your goal to make Cannabis production unprofitable?

I will not be an employee nor will I work for non-profit unless all people work for non-profit.

You can figure out the answers if you are deserving of wealth. You can do it at a basic library with internet access. There is no way someone deserves to take business from another person that gives them the answers to life.

I'm living in poverty right now. Why should I give away my livelihood to a bunch of halfwits?

And yes, I had a full dud and reversed it. You want the answer? I need to be a millionaire sitting at the top of my production enterprise with many facilities under my ownership. I need to be guaranteed that businesses like Marlboro or any lesser skilled investment enterprise will be shunned from my market.

the answer is dependent on the cause and the symptoms people are suffering are caused by more than one condition, some microbial infections are systemic and have no cure such a fusarium. Others can be propagated to full health.

Some insect infections can cause duding or act a a vector for microbial pathogens.

However the cures are relatively simple.

I used em-1 and mycostop (beneficial) to stop duding without having to change my soil, fatherearth links in the first page of the broad mite eradication thread (iirc) a beneficial that addresses the insects (pf-97?) that is made for agriculture so it is reasonably in cost and safe and safe to use. IIRC it may target nematodes as well but there are plenty of simple solutions before we even talk about plant health and defenses like SARS

accessndx

Veteran
Just gonna put this out there Bongstar: I personally think you're a pretentious dick.
We're not in competition. But you are definitely the guy making a huge deal out of your secret sauce. If you're not going to contribute, take a long walk off a short pier.
How many times are you going to saunter into this thread and try to make it a pissing contest? Either help or F.U.C.K. off. Nobody cares about your other bullshit or agenda or ego.
Just when you think you've seen every variety of prick on the internet, another type or subclass surfaces....

KONY

Veteran
To me trying to group all the duds together as they are one similar problem is counterproductive to a solution for all or at least an understanding. After reading this thread and others here and at the farm I have concluded there are different types of duds/dudding and different solutions. Each of them produce different symptoms too. Why group them all together and discuss them as they are the same?

accessndx

Veteran
KONY: we group all duds together for the same reason every pathology that affects an HIV+ patient is grouped under immunodeficiency syndrome. One singular cause with many different pathological outcomes all leading to decreased health and/or death.

There's clearly a combination of contributing factors but still potentially one as of yet unknown vector.

OgOrganics

swerves chem d was LITERALLY the shittiest excuse for hemp I've ever seen. Ogorganic's cuts were always fine for me minus a mix up with chem d that ended up being banana og and then the chem 91 I picked up at the same time ended up being chem d...I got some shitty cuts from them but minus a few cuts I managed to revive em all to health by just presenting a good environment and keeping them in good health, and cloning generation out of their cuts really boosted their vigor/health.

You have never gotten cuts from me. I know because i havent given any out in over 5 years. Must have me confused with someone else.

the gnome

Veteran
Ive been having issues in bloom since last dec.
I thought BMs might be the prob.
I had BM 2 wks into bloom.
finally the BMs were beat back with neem.. iso alc and h2o mixtures
but what I assume as BM toxins left the blooms without pistils and funny looking,

since then Ive been having some of the plants looking the same way in bloom.
now all the plants seem have it to some degree.
they're fine in veg

2 wks into bloom the pistils start to die off, exactly like it is if you have BMs, leaving the flower looking kinda like a bald head.
theres not much taste in the budz when smoked
is this dudding?

one of the things I'm look t is heat stress, temps have been into the 90s with the new DE fixtures, that prob is solved now...
can heat stress do this to blooms?
since they only seem to do this when they go to 12/12 and into the bloom room I've wondered if theres issues with the room?
i haven't brought anything in that would offgas,
i have a propane burner for for Co2 and wondered if it might be producing ethylene gas, but the flame burns nice-n-blue.
in the past year it seems the smell from maturing buds is not as intense as it use to be when the room went online 3yrs ago?

here's a pic, I'll try to get better tomorrow
picture.php

accessndx

Veteran
Ive been having issues in bloom since last dec.
I thought BMs might be the prob.
I had BM 2 wks into bloom.
finally the BMs were beat back with neem.. iso alc and h2o mixtures
but what I assume as BM toxins left the blooms without pistils and funny looking,

since then Ive been having some of the plants looking the same way in bloom.
now all the plants seem have it to some degree.
they're fine in veg

2 wks into bloom the pistils start to die off, exactly like it is if you have BMs, leaving the flower looking kinda like a bald head.
theres not much taste in the budz when smoked
is this dudding?

Sounds like a classic text-book dudding scenario.

redlaser

Veteran
Dudding is a term used to describe a number of symptoms of varying origins on canna sites. Its not a term used in any other horticulture or agriculture. In my opinion it adds to the perceived dumbing down of cannabis growing/growers.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Gnome...

Your problem isn't a "DUD" ... You still have Micro Mites (BM,HRM,CM) anyone one of the 3 can cause the same symptoms..

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
You have never gotten cuts from me. I know because i havent given any out in over 5 years. Must have me confused with someone else.

you are aware that there is another member of the canna community named OGorganic right? he was at one time one of the clone vendors for progressive options. he's a solid member of the community, kind of strange that you chose a name so similar, wouldn't you say?

fwiw my recent experience with hemp russet mites is 100000x different than the classic dud. they are similar in the aspect that they ruin your crop but they do so in very different ways.

the gnome

Veteran
Sounds like a classic text-book dudding scenario.
thing is, i just chopped the last round
3 plants from seed from 1 breeder
10 plants from seed from another breeder
3 dudded big time
the other 10 were perfect?
its fast nearing hair pulling time!

I have some chitosan ollig. coming,
and a new batch of plants ready to go into bloom next week.
is it too late to start on the plants already showing probs?

as much as i don't want to
maybe the best thing is to chop the 5 plants in bloom
now showing signs,
they've only been in 20 days.
clean/bleach the room, is there another product to use on walls/floors?
plus bomb it with trinity(anti fungal)
and heat treat, i can get to 130F no prob.

I hate it.
Ive been hearing about this dud stuff for a few yrs now
and not a clue as to what for sure are the things or thing that can be the cause

the gnome

Veteran
Gnome...

Your problem isn't a "DUD" ... You still have Micro Mites (BM,HRM,CM) anyone one of the 3 can cause the same symptoms..

damn man... to me it looks EXACTLY like broad mite damage in bloom.
I had em last nov, 1st time ever in bloom.
had em plenty of times ion veg tho.

Ive never heard of micro mites?
is there a link?
what do you use to knock em down?