What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I never even considered them being hybrids. I guess I'll still give them a try. I really wanted scotch bonnets or shishitos so I bought a couple packs.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i can't believe that my '5' reapers in pots that i brought in to my greenhouse room are still pushing out peppers... i guess they are not as hot as when they are in the full aug sun, but i picked 40 of em today, all red, and probably have another 100+ that are not totally red yet... my mex guy will be one happy guy...

E

ESTERCHASER

May i ask you guys where you source carolina reaper type capsacin lvls? Ive grown a trinidad scorpion and thats about as higher cap lvls im used to. Id love to try some nuclear varieties

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
May i ask you guys where you source carolina reaper type capsacin lvls? Ive grown a trinidad scorpion and thats about as higher cap lvls im used to. Id love to try some nuclear varieties

pucker butt seed co... they r the orig reaper guys... peppers are mouth watering and ass burning....

HorseBadoritiz

Around here, ya can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a reaper that's already started.

I used to get seeds from Ed at Pucker Butt, but starts are sooo much easier, plus leaves time and space for starting Tabascos and Fataliis. Farmers around here seem to have a hard time getting them up?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pucker butt seed co... they r the orig reaper guys... peppers are mouth watering and ass burning....

Depends on who you ask.

Troy Primo - 7 Pot Primo - is very very likely, to be the original, and Ed Currie at Puckerbutt just got a hold of his work in early 2005, rebranded it, and became famous.

Seems like that happens a lot in botanical circles - not just cannabis.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around here, ya can't swing a dead cat with out hitting a reaper that's already started.

I used to get seeds from Ed at Pucker Butt, but starts are sooo much easier, plus leaves time and space for starting Tabascos and Fataliis. Farmers around here seem to have a hard time getting them up?

Soil temps have to be above 70 for sustained weeks. Super hots take anywhere from 5 days to 8 weeks to germinate. I start my peppers indoors after Christmas, but before the new year. Move them out to greenhouses mid-March.

They need to be about 120 days old before being planted outdoors if you want to have a full season of production that actually starts in May as opposed to August.

dank.Frank

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Depends on who you ask.

Troy Primo - 7 Pot Primo - is very very likely, to be the original, and Ed Currie at Puckerbutt just got a hold of his work in early 2005, rebranded it, and became famous.
dank.Frank

hey dank... didn't know that, but not surprising... i just grow em as a novelty... those suckers r way too hot for me.... n i luv hot.... other guys say they have a fruity taste... i dont taste fruit... i taste hot..

saw your other reply... my '5' plants are 4-5 yrs old... i bring em in my greenhouse room in the fall , prune em n bring em back out in may - this year since i prune em back, i going to trim the roots too, n add some new soil... will only do one plant to make sure i dont kill them...

n yes peppers take a long time to sprout... i usually start new ones in feb under a 8bulb 4ft fluor... n in april take them out for a few hrs a day for real sun...

HorseBadoritiz

Depends on who you ask.

dank.Frank

And you know to be a fact, how?

HorseBadoritiz

Soil temps have to be above 70 for sustained weeks. Super hots take anywhere from 5 days to 8 weeks to germinate. I start my peppers indoors after Christmas, but before the new year. Move them out to greenhouses mid-March.

They need to be about 120 days old before being planted outdoors if you want to have a full season of production that actually starts in May as opposed to August.

dank.Frank
I've been growing peppers for a bit, but thanks for the primer.

Big gap between May and August, so not exactly sure what you mean there.

What super hots do you grow that germinate in 5 days is the real question?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
some Chocolate Champions.......sent him seed and grown by Annaba........smokey fruity very hot........:tiphat:

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
I transplanted the 7 pot primos I had going and put them outdoors earlier in the season, they got huge and looked really good but didn't produce any peppers

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Just dropped some scotch bonnets, jalapenos, reapers and shishitos.

picture.php

picture.php

I bought the scotch bonnets and the shishitos but I got the superhots from a friend.

I asked my buddy if he grew them from seed and if there was any chance of cross pollination. Turns out he didnt grow them from seed and there's no chance of cross pollination ( according to my buddy). He got them as plants from a guy that owns a hot sauce company.

I ll report back if all is well or not...

I'm gonna have a few questions tho, as these will be my first peppers.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Big gap between May and August, so not exactly sure what you mean there.
What super hots do you grow that germinate in 5 days is the real question?

i think what was meant was that he starts his peppers real early...dec is early, so they are growing/flowering early, n getting peppers in may... i start mine in feb, n usually not pickin to july- even my reapers which r in pots n brought inside to overwinter does start producing to mid july -

as to what peppers germ in 5days- that i cant answer... i find 'all' peppers take a $hitload of time to germ...

E

ESTERCHASER

hey dank... didn't know that, but not surprising... i just grow em as a novelty... those suckers r way too hot for me.... n i luv hot.... other guys say they have a fruity taste... i dont taste fruit... i taste hot..

saw your other reply... my '5' plants are 4-5 yrs old... i bring em in my greenhouse room in the fall , prune em n bring em back out in may - this year since i prune em back, i going to trim the roots too, n add some new soil... will only do one plant to make sure i dont kill them...

n yes peppers take a long time to sprout... i usually start new ones in feb under a 8bulb 4ft fluor... n in april take them out for a few hrs a day for real sun...

Im gonna use them to help my neighbor with her clemintines and raspberry bushes the grey squirrles have been ravaging season after season.....someone in the neighborhood has had really good luck with high cap ppepper pest control.

wow dank thx for the insight!Think ill start mine in the hottest room in the house now, make sure i got cleaned mussel shells to add to the medium ......ive had great luck with an occasional epsom salt sprinkle and taking 20-30 mussel shells pulverized into pinkie fingernail size pieces and add them to the medium for airation and slow release C,P etc.:tiphat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Im gonna use them to help my neighbor with her clemintines and raspberry bushes the grey squirrles have been ravaging season after season.....someone in the neighborhood has had really good luck with high cap ppepper pest control.

yep . i bet it will work

wow dank thx for the insight!Think ill start mine in the hottest room in the house now, make sure i got cleaned mussel shells to add to the medium ......ive had great luck with an occasional epsom salt sprinkle and taking 20-30 mussel shells pulverized into pinkie fingernail size pieces and add them to the medium for airation and slow release C,P etc.:tiphat:

my father in law would plant some regular matches a couple/few inches under the plants when putting in his garden - not sure whats inside a match to aid in growing- but he swore by it..

HorseBadoritiz

i think what was meant was that he starts his peppers real early...dec is early, so they are growing/flowering early, n getting peppers in may... i start mine in feb, n usually not pickin to july- even my reapers which r in pots n brought inside to overwinter does start producing to mid july -

as to what peppers germ in 5days- that i cant answer... i find 'all' peppers take a $hitload of time to germ...

That's been my experience, too... I wonder what we're doing wrong, lol!

It will be interesting if we ever hear what that 5 day baby is!

HorseBadoritiz

my father in law would plant some regular matches a couple/few inches under the plants when putting in his garden - not sure whats inside a match to aid in growing- but he swore by it..

Sulfur... I don't know if it really works, but it was an old Mother Earth News/High Times tip, and was supposed to help with flavor and general well-being, lol!

Starting seeds in a warm room helps, but bottom heat, like a heat mat, really helps... and they still take forever!

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I dropped all types of seeds in a tray covered it with a dome and put it on top of my t5's. The next morning it was suuuuuuuper humid in the dome.

picture.php

I plan on giving them about 3 weeks for stuff to pop up. Am I being too unrealistic?

This is the hot sauce company that was the source of the peppers. So if you wanna try some real hot sauce, these dudes are legit...

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts