What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

HorseBadoritiz

Whole peppers (caps and seeds), salt, sugar, and lactobacillus, blend it up and let it sit. Very easy!

Sorry, forgot to say that vinegars and any other stuff goes in after the mash is fermented and strained, or not strained if you like it like that.

It's all pretty open to interpretation, LOL!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Just scored some pepper plants by accident whilst stopping by a out of the way nursery after I got turned around driving. :woohoo:

Labeled as Trinidad Scorpion, Brain Strain, Bhut Jolokia, and Trinidad 7 Pot Douglah.

picture.php

My plan is to over winter and since I have no experience with peppers I may come back with some questions once I do a little "googling"

:tiphat:

$2.00 a plant............whatcha think?

snake11

Just scored some pepper plants by accident whilst stopping by a out of the way nursery after I got turned around driving. :woohoo:

Labeled as Trinidad Scorpion, Brain Strain, Bhut Jolokia, and Trinidad 7 Pot Douglah.

View Image

My plan is to over winter and since I have no experience with peppers I may come back with some questions once I do a little "googling"

:tiphat:

$2.00 a plant............whatcha think?

I love it when they have blow out pricing on plants!! The peppers are worth more then the plants cost! Those look like fun

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
todays harvest of ghosts,cayenne's,yellow hots, and of course Carolina reapers... pity no one wants em... I'm going to cut em in half, put them on a wire rack, and then into my BBQ grill at the lowest setting to dry em...

then i'll crush em, put em in a jar, and the jar can sit next to my ghost pepper jar, which has been untouched for 2years... this shit is just tooooo hot...

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 18

westtexas

If you'll use a oxygenated water and mist on your leaves during the flowering stage and fruit stage it increases the flavor of ur peppers

zhubajie

Hi guys, I just joined the ICMag community and I am glad to see that I am not the only one growing chili peppers besides marijuana. I am currently growing yellow fataliis, chinese five colors, bishop hats, and also experimenting with ornamental chili bonsais.

#

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Hi guys, I just joined the ICMag community and I am glad to see that I am not the only one growing chili peppers besides marijuana. I am currently growing yellow fataliis, chinese five colors, bishop hats, and also experimenting with ornamental chili bonsais.

#

Peace

I love all the Fatali peppers, the reds and the yellows make excellent sauces. :woohoo:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you found it zhubajie :)

If you'll use a oxygenated water and mist on your leaves during the flowering stage and fruit stage it increases the flavor of ur peppers

Sounds like witchcraft. Or maybe magic. Either way, some form of malarkey ;) (IMO)

(I'd actually be interested to hear your reasoning. Unless it's witchcraft.)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
well pulled out the lemon hot, and the chocolate mini bells today, and potted em for the winter sleep... not many bells... but the lemon hots are from 1 bush... great producer

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 20

LostTribe

Premium user
1st flush!

View Image

De-seeded the earliest and biggest... had to turn on all the fans and leave the house for a while... and these aren't even the real hot ones!

View Image

The 1st time I've ever seen a hornworm on a pepper, I hope I don't see it again either, LOL!

View Image

Some of the fermented sauce. Just hot enough and no bitterness... really good batch.

View Image

how did you make that fermented hot sauce man looks potent!

I found my stash of habanero seeds and b huts too...yeehaw ....awaiting them sprouting next week ...

I don't know what the "yeehaw" is all about but Cannabis, Psilocybin, and now hot peppers.

I tip my hat to you sir, :tiphat:

When I was a young un I worked at a military firing range. We hosted shooting teams from all over the world.

The East indian Ghurkas were remarkably polite and friendly. Then one night they tricked me into eating a very small piece of what they called an old english sweet pepper. Turns out the joke is, it's not old, it's not english, and it's not sweet.

I nearly wished I was dead.

HorseBadoritiz

how did you make that fermented hot sauce man looks potent!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't make it, my son does, and he says it's just peppers, salt, sugar, and lactobacillus, blend it up and let it sit. Very easy! You may want to look up fermenting, that's what keeps it stable. After he makes the mash, he adds some vinegar.

A buddy of his made some up with mangoes, and it's great.

I may do my starts in the veg tent this year!
[/FONT]

H

Hashash

i was checking out the lemon hot either need some for my collection

growing Machu Pichu, Ghost Peach to have a real hotty, some Jamaican Hot Yellow, Cereja da Amapá and Fatalii White started indoor and put the out on the window not, one is getting flowers already way too early but i guess it got root bound since i repotted it too late and the plant is very vigorous, shall i pluck them off?

well pulled out the lemon hot, and the chocolate mini bells today, and potted em for the winter sleep... not many bells... but the lemon hots are from 1 bush... great producer

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i was checking out the lemon hot either need some for my collection

growing Machu Pichu, Ghost Peach to have a real hotty, some Jamaican Hot Yellow, Cereja da Amapá and Fatalii White started indoor and put the out on the window not, one is getting flowers already way too early but i guess it got root bound since i repotted it too late and the plant is very vigorous, shall i pluck them off?

a bunch of my overwintering peppers have gotten leggy, n have buds- I pruned em down a bit, n removed the buds.. i'll repot when it gets a bit warmer.. hope I didn't F-up pruning in early march...

Cannavore

Veteran
im gonna be growing something called a Zavory Habanero this year.... apparently all the flavor and smell of a Habanero but without the heat. any one familiar with this one?

scotch bonnet
carribean red hab
trinidad scorpion
pasilla bajio

are my usual suspects that i'll also be growing this year.

oldbean

Cayenne, jalepeno & Trinidad scorpian are the chilli's I have growing along with sweet cherry tomatoes, black cherry tomatoes & sweet salad peppers...going to make a chilli sauce when I have enough!

Never done it before so will be hunting for a good recipe, one of the very few times I miss my ex, she was a very good cook and sucked dick good too

Peace

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out thehotpepper.com

I've said it before but I plug that site shamelessly. Kind of the IC of peppers. Recipes galore and a few walkthroughs for overwintering.

Watch the non-pepper advice. Some of them still quantify light in foot candles ;)

I killed two this past winter. Babying and pruning went better survival wise than hacking back to a stick. At least for my inexperienced ass.

Betterhaff

Veteran
im gonna be growing something called a Zavory Habanero this year.... apparently all the flavor and smell of a Habanero but without the heat. any one familiar with this one?
I grew a variety a few years ago that was a mild habanero called "Suave". They were good but without the heat something seemed missing. Had a ball with them though, would shock people by popping a whole one in my mouth and start chewing away. Got the seed from Renee's Garden...a lot of interesting stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts