What's new

I love the hottest peppers!

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Grew some ghosts last year. Full respect, too much heat for me!!!! Jalapeno and Serrano are what I've toned it down to as I age.

ShortStackz

I sowed my 4 reapers about 1month ago... 3 are up , about 1'' tall, rge 4th is breaking ground... they are indeed very slow growing...

Damn thats pretty slow. When I did from seed a few years back I started em in rockwool. Seem to grow pretty fast but I neglected them & they died.

Got these potted today.

picture.php

picture.php

rod58

I AGREEEE... I want 'hot' but with taste.. I'm growing ghosts,trinidad scorp's n new this season Carolina reapers... u ask why???... I don't have a clue... I wont eat em, but they are conversation pieces...haha.. monkey face seem like something I'd like.. where u get em??

ya growing hot alright !! i won't eat them either but i sometimes catch a mate out with them , sometimes twice hahahaa..monkey face i got from a chilli fb site ..plus a heap more seeds of many varieties but i've settled for that one , orange hab and ghost ...oh , and scotch bonnet , tasty and not tooo hot ..:)

HorseBadoritiz

I grow Reapers, Butch T's, Naga Vipers, Red and Yellow 7 Pots, and Aji Limons all without any problems. My Fatalii's however, grow and look great, but all rot on the inside... any ideas why?

The only peppers out of all those that I can eat are the Aji's, LOL! My son takes the rest and ferments them for a year... doesn't lessen the heat, but definitely mellows out any bitter tastes!

ShortStackz

Just got these potted today. Big Red, Brain Strain yellow, Candlelight, Fatalii, Golden Treasure, Lamuyo, Orange Teapot, & the rest are my tomatoes I'm also doing this year in coco.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
nice... I started mine late.. the small babies r my '3' Carolina reapers... I planted Trinidad scorp's and ghost's the same day... none have sprouted yet, tho I think I see some green popping..

the tomatoes r also way small... tho leaving em outside now... should be seeing mid/high 60's, low 70's by Monday... nite time high 40's/low 50's... a bit cold, but tooooo many to keep bringin in...

Attachments

• IMG_3824.JPG
    IMG_3824.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 18

ShortStackz

nice... I started mine late.. the small babies r my '3' Carolina reapers... I planted Trinidad scorp's and ghost's the same day... none have sprouted yet, tho I think I see some green popping..

the tomatoes r also way small... tho leaving em outside now... should be seeing mid/high 60's, low 70's by Monday... nite time high 40's/low 50's... a bit cold, but tooooo many to keep bringin in...

Thats nice, looks like a good selection of plants you got going there. If I would of preped my backyard better I'd do more in soil with some raised planters maybe. I ordered all mines from a nursery so I guess I cheated a lil. :tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
well I got a small garden finally..nothing too hot tho .. habaneros ,chilis and jalapenos...next year I will do some b huts and some real hot stuff.i started too late for seeds and only could. buy whatever plants were local here...yeehaw

HorseBadoritiz

do they lose alot of the heat?does the flavor get more complex?i would think it would.i cant wait to try this in the fall time

You could lose 1/2 the heat of a Reaper, Butch T combo, and not notice, LOL! Actually, it seems to intensify the heat in the pulp... and yes, the flavor is much more complex cos it gets a bit of sweetness which kind of overides the bitterness that I don't care for.