What's new

i havent "filed" taxes in about 15 yrs??

T

the med man

watch "america:freedom or fascism" it prooves income tax is a hoax, mm

M

Mountain

i'm no professional on the matter, but i heard they(IRS) can only prosecute you if you file and lie.
it's a different ballpark if you don't file.
Yeah the first scenario is tax evasion. The second ballpark is a bit different if you haven't filed and THEIR records show you owe them money and in that case the penalties/fines will just keep getting bigger except...
The only way that they will negotiate for pennies on the dollar is if they see that there is no way they will ever get back what you owe them.
Would agree with that so if no tangible assets then there's nothing they can SEE so anything they get from you is gravy.

I didn't file for a few years and they caught me when I had a year where I traded stocks but even though I did not owe taxes on income and the market trades were a net loss I still 'needed' to file, so did, and they ended up owing me a few $...but they missed the $ I ran through a friend's offshore trust a few years earlier cause they had no record of it. They didn't ask, I didn't tell and since the statute of limitations has expired...:). I didn't need to file again 1 year, they sent me a letter asking for my return, I had no trades to record and just ignored it and 10 years 'clean' since filing returns and giving Caesar his due.

As for the IRS tax conspiracy or whatever thing...don't even go there...

U4ic

If you got a refund coming then they don't really worry about it but for the last 3 years you can do them with a small penalty if ya got return coming... Could be a fat check and you clear it all up and get back on track... Returns are a good thing...

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
ive heard that b4...

...so w/ that why the fuck would anyone pay what they "owe" if it's so easy to neglect it and pay less later????/

...what a fuked up system

You still pay what you "owe" as far as taxes, the only part that they can reduce to pennies on the dollar is the penalties/interest. One thing that may work in your favor is if the withholdings were enough to cover your taxes then it shouldn't be too bad on you. The down side to that though is if the government owes you money you only got 3 years before the statue of limitations runs out. Which is a pisser, you only get 3 years to catch the government on their mistakes but they can go back as far as they want if they feel you made a mistake. That 7 year/10 year thing, I think people are getting mixed up with how long a bankruptcy will screw your credit.

Ultimately though, just go ahead and get it done with them, chances are more in favor of you getting caught then the are that you'll get away with it. Especially in the current econmic environment where the government is so in debt and needs every dollar they can get their hands on. Plus the longer you wait the more penalties and interest they can pile on top.

ZZTops

Veteran
Hell... They probably owe you money...

Matter of Fact they"re probably building a road with it as we speak...:biglaugh:

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
consult a tax *attorney* for this one bro'. you don't want the irs on you, their power of search and seizure makes the fbi look like pussys. they will claw at you as if to wrench your very soul.

M

Mountain

They caught up with me in about 2 years when I traded and didn't file. I'm more inclined to believe you are clean with them in that if you've been an employee I would think they'd be on your ass very fast since you're in the system.

Did you maintain your records for all of those years or for any year?

hippydan

Even more reason why he should simply get this dealt with now ... he might even be holding himself back from getting some money BACK from the government! I got just over $4700 back after i finally pulled my thumb out and filed my taxes after 4 years ... thats nearly $5k that I wouldn't otherwise have got,..

Same story for me, although I got even more back. It's worth it to do your taxes if they owe YOU. And trust me, if you owed THEM, they'd be on your ass, bro. Good luck and stay safe.

C

Classy@Home

IMHO, and in a fully non-legally binding offer, don't start now...

You will raise red flags - no point now, just let it be, let them do their work and find you. Do their JOB...

FUCK 'EM - fucking cockroaches...

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And we got almost 12G's in tax returns from uncle Sam last year. Got his punk ass!!!

No...You got my punk ass and everybody else that has paid their taxes in the last ten years. Remember who uncle Sam is, and where "their" money comes from.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And all you lefty's favorite president hired 16,500 more of those IRS pricks. Glad you people got your health care bill taken care of.

M

Mountain

And all you lefty's favorite president hired 16,500 more of those IRS pricks. Glad you people got your health care bill taken care of.
This shit NOKUY is looking at ain't about politics so stuff it. The IRS has existed how long through how many Dem/Rep prez's and/or Dem/Rep controlled senates and houses?

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Hire an attorney man. You will sleep better for the rest of your life. You will get audited if they mess with you and I sure wouldn't want that.

On a lighter note my dad didn't pay any taxes for 16 years, never contacted once. He passed away a couple months ago, so he will never have to pay that shit. The only thing that made me smile when he passed at 53 years old.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This shit NOKUY is looking at ain't about politics so stuff it. The IRS has existed how long through how many Dem/Rep prez's and/or Dem/Rep controlled senates and houses?

And how many of them added that many people with the sole responsibility of screwing you and I? You sound like you've never had to pay federal income taxes. I'm not making a political argument, rather pointing out the facts whether you like it or not. It was the Dems that rammed it down the country's throat against the will of the people, right? So you stuff it.

M

Mountain

And how many of them added that many people with the sole responsibility of screwing you and I? You sound like you've never had to pay federal income taxes. I'm not making a political argument, rather pointing out the facts whether you like it or not. It was the Dems that rammed it down the country's throat against the will of the people, right? So you stuff it.
Peeps like you are sooooo predictable. 2 of your last 3 posts are off topic IMO...trying to steer things in the direction you'd like and push your agenda.

In bold...hardly.

Bunz

Republicans spend & don't raise taxes..............Democrats spend and raise taxes to make up for the money Republicans spent.............

Neither are worth a $hit IMO................

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right Mountain. Sorry Yukon. Didn't mean to jack your thread with my predictable B.S.

Neither are worth a $hit IMO................

I agree, I'm a Libertarian.

Latest posts

Latest posts