What's new

i havent "filed" taxes in about 15 yrs??

HUGE

Veteran
Freedom to fascism

Freedom to fascism

I just stumbled on Aaron rusos movie last night America freedom to fascism and it answers this question. Technically no there is no law that requires you to pay income taxes but the Ira is like the mob and the will fucking collect I you don't pay.

WelderDan

Veteran
These two statements are 100% WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The failure to file penalty is a PERCENTAGE of the tax due. So if you owe ZERO are do a refund there is ZERO failure to file penalty. Don't believe me, that is fine but I am right.

Since ANY penalty is based on the amount of tax due there will be NO penalty unless the filer / non-filer / taxpayer / citizen owed taxes and did not pay them.

I agreed with your advise to speak with a professional, however many of them spread mis truths, such as those listed above.

:joint:

You are correct, and I was wrong. I got that info from:

http://www.taxattorneydaily.com/topics/ch-10-fraud-and-tax-crimes.php

where it states:

Failure to file a tax return. Not filing a return is the least serious tax crime. It’s defined as intentionally failing to file a return when you were obligated to do so. Not everyone must file tax returns. For example, only those people earning above a specified amount must file. The minimum changes from year to year. Not filing a tax return is a misdemeanor. The maximum prison sentence is one year in jail and/or a fine of $25,000 for each year not filed. The vast majority of nonfilers are never prosecuted criminally, and only hit with civil fines.

However, I went back and dug around, and found they omitted a key part:
Consequences of Not Filing

It is a crime not to file a tax return if taxes are owed. By contrast, there is no criminal penalty if you file but can’t pay your taxes. You’ll owe interest and penalties, but you won’t be sent to jail. So even if you don’t have two dimes to rub together and owe a bundle of taxes, file your return.
If you ignore this advice and fail to file, you can be fined up to $25,000 per year and/or sentenced to one year in prison for each unfiled year. Our justice system, however, doesn’t have enough jails to put away even 1% of the nonfilers, so going to jail is highly unlikely—even if you owe hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Same site, different section.

Regardless, it's in his best interest to seek out a Tax Attorney

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The 10 year limit is on COLLECTION of tax--which can be renewed for another 10 and another 10. What we are discussing is the ASSESSMENT of tax (filing a tax return).

For example, lets say in 2000 the IRS audited one my tax returns and decided I owed money. That would be the ASSESSMENT.

Now, lets say I have been hiding, working under the table, blah blah blah, the IRS would have until 2010 (10 years) to collect the money. If I did nothing, they would refile the and the 10 years would start all over. This would be COLLECTION.

I know...taxes are crazy and they do not follow common sense.

Okay well in the link provided the SOL on accessments is 3 years. What I'm not clear on though is how the original poster would be viewed since he wasn't evading or being fradulent, regular deductions were made, he just never actually filed. If they saw him as evading or being fraudulent then the SOL is 6 years.

Also in your example if IRS audits you and says you owe taxes and you do nothing, you end up like Wesley Snipes and go to jail unless you have enough assests that can be seized to satisfy the debt. They can't just arbitraily add another 10 years. They either have to sue you in court and win which one site says they usually don't do this unless you owe 250K or more. If you are out of the country they can add to it indefinately (so people can't just leave and then come back when the SOL expires). Beyond that you pretty much have to agree to the extension.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
No tax return = Fraud = Unlimited SOL
File tax return (no fraud or negligence) = 3 year SOL
File tax return (negligence) = 6 year SOL
File tax return and do not pay = 10 year renewable collection SOL
No tax return and IRS calculates tax = Unlimited SOL (you must sign the return to start the clock) + 10 year renewable collection SOL.

Hope this helps.

maxmurder

Veteran
IRS-The Biggest Lie and Scam in World History

Friday, 04 March 2011 09:19
'Here it is in a nutshell. The IRS is a private, debt collection agency for the private banking system known as the Federal Reserve Bank. The IRS is not a government agency. I repeat, the IRS is not a government agency. Never has been, never will be.

The IRS is formerly the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) situated in and with authority only in the Philippine Islands (Trust Fund # 61), and moved into Puerto Rico (Trust Fund # 62). In the 1950’s, with the stroke of the pen, the BIR was transformed into the current notorious IRS and brought onto the 50 united States. This was done without any Congressional authority whatsoever. There is no Congressional authority for the IRS to exist and operate in the 50 states recorded anywhere in any law-books. Again, keep in mind, that the IRS is the “Private, debt collection agency for the private banking system known as the Federal Reserve Banks”.

Consider this fact. When an IRS agent wants to seize property from a Citizen in a County, they must first contact the Sheriff of the County and request assistance in the seizure. This is simply because the IRS agent has no authority to seize any property at all. So the IRS agent bamboozles the Sheriff into committing the crime for the IRS. When the Sheriff seizes property from a Citizen under the non-authority of the IRS agent, the Sheriff has committed a Second Degree Felony, Conversion of Property.'

Read more: IRS-The Biggest Lie and Scam in World History

mm

wow i had no idea- i guess school woulda helped :chin:
thanks for posting this medman

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yeah, wouldn't be too good if the IRS was a congressional baby. Lawmakers would exempt themselves from paying taxes the way they exempt crony capitalists.

The IRS answers to the Treasury to prevent Congressional handshaking. It's all part of the separation of powers idea that keeps our government running from behind desks and not under the table.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all part of the separation of powers idea that keeps our government running from behind desks and not under the table.

You don't think it's under the table that the un-auditable FED buys securities (William Dudley of the NY Branch of the FED, formerly of Goldman Sachs specifically) from banks (like Goldman Sachs) with interest that the taxpayers are liable for through either taxes or spending cuts to services.

Then if you don't pay these socialized losses and expenditure of war and conquest of the financial oligarchy they have their henchman from the IRS destroy your life.

Taxes are an integral part of any society. They are a necessity, but when they become perverted such that our sweat and blood is taxed for the fancy of tyrants I say it is theft and under the table.

IMO, our Banana Republic tax system does nothing more than enrich the finance oligarchs.
chart_rise_of_super_rich.top.gif

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'm no fan of systemic risk but that's a rather new phenomenon in recent history. I'm no expert but the way I understand it is that Congress writes the tax laws the IRS follows. IRS is part of the Treasury, not the Fed.

I'm not trying to suggest the under table stuff doesn't go on. But IRS is not unlike leo, they follow the rules made by others.

IMO, no taxpayer should have to pad the playing field for fat cats. And every fat cat on down the line should pay their fair amount. I think the IRS should go after these fat cats the same way they go after low hanging fruit.

But I don't think the IRS is a clandestine operation that aids the Fed. IMO, fat cats are getting what they want through Congress.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting someones advice is an excellent idea.You need to find someone who knows the irs system well.I used to go to H and R block every year.I would always end up paying thousands,or somewhere between $1500-$3000 .

I got introduced to a guy who is a tax attorney ,from friends i worked with in the past .This guy' s father used to work for the irs.I had 1 period of 5 years when i was a contractor.Where i didn't pay any taxes,i got audited 1 time .

He made the books for my company from scratch ,from my bank account statements.Went to the audit for me ,i ended up owing $2000 to irs and $1500 to him for his services.But for 5-6 years thats a bargain in my book.

H and R block will only use whatever deductions you give them.Where as someone familiar with the process ,can be alot more creative.

So i didn't file for 2009 ,i was broke.Now im getting back up to speed.I just filed for 2009 and 2010,the total cost was about $1000 for 3 or 4 returns for just his services.

But according to my taxes ,im supposed to get a refund back close to $1000 .If you talked to someone who knows the ins and outs of all of it .Im pretty certain ,you would have alot of options and leeway.......

F

ForbiddenFruit

I don't know anything about taxes so I won't comment on that.

But to comment on people who say "Where would America be if no one paid taxes", well we would be much better off because taxes are theft and is not a voluntary interaction it is forced at gun point. The taxes are stolen from us because the government wouldn't exist without them, and the government wants to exist. If government didn't exist the real free market (we don't have a real free market today) would quickly fill its place. A real free market works on demand, the people want a product or service, and people step in to fill that need, there is no need for government. People need high quality cannabis seed, so people step in and produce that product by demand, while customers happily pay and support that service because the price is right and the product meets their needs, if not that product wouldn't exist.

For instance there's no market demand for levitating space boots, so you don't see them on your store shelves or being marketed in magazines and ads nor do you see people wearing space boots. The same works for services that government currently provides, do you really think roads wouldn't exist without a government?. Its like a river with a larger boulder in the middle of the stream, if you pull out the boulder does the water continue to go around the space where the boulder used to be?, no the water fills in that space and life keeps moving.

So everything in our lives in voluntary, we choose who are friends are, what kind of groceries we buy, who we date, where we go on vacation etc. No one forces us to date someone or buy certain food at the grocery store or what services we spend our money on, its all a voluntary choice that we make, based on our decisions and needs.

Only the government interaction is involuntary, force and violence is used against us, there is no choice to support or not support what we want. Government should be set up in a way that if you like what its doing you can voluntarily donate to support that cause, because you like it, if your no interested then you don't have to donate.

Government is not necessary, we can live without it and not only that services will rise in quality and meet the exact needs of the people. The public sector workers make more money then private sector workers while working less, and every year there are more public government jobs filled, while private sector jobs decrease. The government is eating us alive, and people would live much happier live outside of the public sector because public jobs are sterile because there is no creativity involved, its just bland and boring government jobs that people get addicted to for the benefits they receive.

Cancel the Government

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I don't know anything about taxes so I won't comment on that.

But to comment on people who say "Where would America be if no one paid taxes", well we would be much better off because taxes are theft and is not a voluntary interaction it is forced at gun point. The taxes are stolen from us because the government wouldn't exist without them, and the government wants to exist. If government didn't exist the real free market (we don't have a real free market today) would quickly fill its place. A real free market works on demand, the people want a product or service, and people step in to fill that need, there is no need for government. People need high quality cannabis seed, so people step in and produce that product by demand, while customers happily pay and support that service because the price is right and the product meets their needs, if not that product wouldn't exist.

For instance there's no market demand for levitating space boots, so you don't see them on your store shelves or being marketed in magazines and ads nor do you see people wearing space boots. The same works for services that government currently provides, do you really think roads wouldn't exist without a government?. Its like a river with a larger boulder in the middle of the stream, if you pull out the boulder does the water continue to go around the space where the boulder used to be?, no the water fills in that space and life keeps moving.

So everything in our lives in voluntary, we choose who are friends are, what kind of groceries we buy, who we date, where we go on vacation etc. No one forces us to date someone or buy certain food at the grocery store or what services we spend our money on, its all a voluntary choice that we make, based on our decisions and needs.

Only the government interaction is involuntary, force and violence is used against us, there is no choice to support or not support what we want. Government should be set up in a way that if you like what its doing you can voluntarily donate to support that cause, because you like it, if your no interested then you don't have to donate.

Government is not necessary, we can live without it and not only that services will rise in quality and meet the exact needs of the people. The public sector workers make more money then private sector workers while working less, and every year there are more public government jobs filled, while private sector jobs decrease. The government is eating us alive, and people would live much happier live outside of the public sector because public jobs are sterile because there is no creativity involved, its just bland and boring government jobs that people get addicted to for the benefits they receive.

Cancel the Government

Getting a bit deep.

NOKUY

Veteran

Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my Tax Return & payment. Please take note of the attached article from the USA Today newspaper. In the article, you will see that the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

Please find enclosed four toilet seats (value $2,400) and six hammers (value $1,029). This brings my total payment to $3,429.00. Please note the overpayment of $22.00 and apply it to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return.

Might I suggest that you send the above mentioned fund a "1.5 inch screw." (See attached article...HUD paid $22.00 for a 1.5 inch Phillips Head Screw.)

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.