What's new

i havent "filed" taxes in about 15 yrs??

NOKUY

Veteran
That's just TOUGH! You live in America, and America needs roads, as shitloads of Americans would agree with. If you don't like it then move to another country, but if you want to live in America then as an income earner you must pay taxes, regardless of whether or not you think America should have paved roads.

i get that..lol

ill spout my dissent all over the internet about my beef w/ 'paved roads'

...i still dont wanna pay for so much bullshit, and paved roads are just the tip of the iceburg

i dont wanna pay to lock ppl up for marijuana crimes either.

E

el dub

You prolly don't owe anything, if your employer has been taking out payroll taxes. And you might have some money coming to you from at least the last few years.

How many years worth of records do you have? I would take the time to consult a CPA. You might be pleasantly surprised.

lw

ddrew

Veteran
You prolly don't owe anything, if your employer has been taking out payroll taxes. And you might have some money coming to you from at least the last few years.

How many years worth of records do you have? I would take the time to consult a CPA. You might be pleasantly surprised.

lw
This is probably the case.
Unless you were claiming a ridiculous amount of Dependants or something on your W2, then you most likely would have got a return all those years.

Budweiser13

It only took them 3 years to start hounding me. I ignored them & 6 months later my boss walks out with a wage garnishment form & tells me to handle this. Paying them monthly right now............

Oh yeah isn't that nice when they rape your paycheck it's fucked been there done that...

ddrew

Veteran
I have actually filed, but owed money on tickets and to the courts, so they do what they call a "revenue recapture" and seize my return, or most of it anyway, and then send me a tiny check saying they've done that.

Budweiser13

lw

This is true depends on how you claimed for those years did you claim 0 Dependents or 7 to get more back on your paycheck. Yes he Might not owe a damn thing just take care of it...

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Even more reason why he should simply get this dealt with now ... he might even be holding himself back from getting some money BACK from the government! I got just over $4700 back after i finally pulled my thumb out and filed my taxes after 4 years ... thats nearly $5k that I wouldn't otherwise have got, and that $5k is now earning me interest (so now I wish I'd filed my tax a lot earlier so I could've been making even MORE interest from it) ... and not only that I can now sleep in peace without worrying that I'll end up in a legal taxation shitstorm :)

It's just not worth not filing taxes ... it's so easy to get them done and out of the way, and as an American citizen with an income you're legally obliged to do so, so just DO IT! And like you said your employer already pays your taxes, so you probably don't owe anything - yet who knows what they might owe YOU? :)

It's so easy, and then your mind can be at peace, and if you're lucky your wallet might even end up a bit heavier :)

Nokuy you're a smart enough guy, I think you know what the right thing to do is, it's clearly playing on your mind, so just do it and get it over and done with, set your mind at ease at last mate, you'll feel a lot more at peace :)

ddrew

Veteran
Do it.
Don't be like me when I blew off filling out the census, and had two workers stalking me at my house for days till I got it done.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
no tax evasion here tho....they get my tax money thru my payroll...so im not hiding out....i just dont square up every year ....and i dont agree w/ 99.9% of shit that taxes go towards.

i couldn't care less if there was one single paved road in the country for instance.

If you try to square up now and file 15 tax returns they have huge ability to question any of the 15 returns (and possibly fuck you). If you are due a refund, you man ONLY get refunds from the last two or three years, the other years are closed to you by statute of limitations.

The IRS gets to fuck with all 15 returns because the SOL for them to question your return is three years AFTER you file the return.

So it is your call to make.

Now on to some smart thinking...........

Turbo tax for the last few years can be obtained on CD from friends and family is my guess.....

You REALLY have a job and you really have paycheck stubs......

You want to buy a house????

You can EASILY use TurboTax 07 08 09 10 and make REAL returns for yourself........

You can EASILY print out these REAL returns.......

You can EASILY make Xerox copies of these REAL returns......

You can give copies to the bank along with paycheck stubs.......

The bank probably will do a VOE (verification of income [call your work, ask about salary, etc.]), but inless the bank asks you to sign some special form where the get your return directly form the IRS (You'll know if they ask, but they won't ask) your copies will be GOOD!

So make the returns and NEVER mail them in??????

Again it is your call to make.

:joint:

Indeed file it I got $2,500 back Friday! They (government) tax us and shit so we need to get paid back bud! Oh and by the way Budweiser13 I really like your avatar!!!!!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
[/quote] Where would America be today if nobody paid their taxes? [/quote]

bowing to the king of some third world country...:bow:

oh yeah, we already do that. mainly because the govrnment has no fiduciary sense... :wallbash:

E

Eatatjoes

After 3 years they file for you, if you owed they would contact you. You've been paying in for years so you should file to get back your money. But do it through a professional so you don't accidentally open a pandoras box.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
After 3 years they file for you, if you owed they would contact you. You've been paying in for years so you should file to get back your money. But do it through a professional so you don't accidentally open a pandoras box.

That is absolutely incorrect. The IRS may send you a huge ass bill, but they will NEVER file a return for you. In their eyes it is YOUR obligation to square up with them.

:joint:

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
15 years?

In your normal state...go claim alzheimer..get a doctor notice...Then file and forget 14 years as a excuse...

Also Doctor's notice says you can have medicated weed.

(And now you're remembering 14 years.....sssssshhhhh) lol

I got audited Twice...Got $600 back for 4 hours for some stock account mishap.

Oh Yeah..$300 for being single in america in 2009. :wave:

After 3 years they file for you
The employer ? No one files but yourself.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
The only way that they will negotiate for pennies on the dollar is if they see that there is no way they will ever get back what you owe them.

I like what hydrosun said about making the returns without filing them. If you've been claiming 2 dependents you probably will owe if you didn't work any overtime.

E

el dub

Not necessarily true on the "two dependents and owing," sam.

There are many factors to consider.

Any dependents living with you?

Are you possibly a head of household?

lw

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Speak to a certified attorney in person—not to somebody here who claims to be one (no offense to anyone.)

I would get it sorted out. Crime rarely pays (except selling weed, but that's not a 'real' crime and ultimately nobody gets hurt,) especially when you're stealing from the government or any big corp. Sell weed to pay off your taxes if anything.. with interest and penalties, it's really not worth the hassle.

R

rick shaw

A lot of hearsay in this thread,probably how you got in situation you are in now. I got audited in '08 working as an "independent contractor",it was the forth year and some taxes were paid quarterly,but it was on me to file yearly and pay the balance owed. The auditor was through and professional,I was sweating bullets,Wesley Snipes had just been convicted of three misdemeanors of failure to file federal income taxes.

The auditor told me to file the forms or they would file for me,when the IRS files for you they make no personal deductions and you will owe big. I filed the forms,ended up I owed them $4000. The interest for money owed,not penalties,starts at 5% within six months goes to 25%. In the end, penalties and interest I owe $13,000 plus 1.5% interest till paid.

Any dispensaries that want me to fill out a 1099 can go fu#k themselves.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't worry Yukon.
not 1 single penny collected in income tax goes towards any government programs.
it all goes into big banks' pockets.

i'm no professional on the matter, but i heard they(IRS) can only prosecute you if you file and lie.
it's a different ballpark if you don't file.

apparently there is no tax law stating you have to pay income tax at all.
the wool has been pulled over our eyes.

now i would def talk to your cpa or atty before listening to a bunch of stoners you only know via the interwebz.