What's new

hush's QWISO journal

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
I have been using a Megahome still to reclaim. So far, it's worked very well - I think I have retro-fitted it so as to avoid the plastic snout which -I think- is the only non-stainless part of the reclaim path (according to the manufacturer), so at this point I'm even a bit happier with the set-up. Am thinking about going all an all glass still though if I can scrape up the bucks and not bust up my marriage.
Was looking into the Megahome type distillers but they get to hot an I want the control of the glass set up I've found, along with some bells an whistles. You got the right idea going all glass.

Made some hush inspired Qwiso this weekend. WInterized it an came out with this.

This is about a 1/3 of a big mouth mason jar evaporated. Still have 2/3 left of the nug wash since I had to do small evaps at a time. Got 2 grams from that evap. so 6 grams outta 30 g's of nug ain't bad return.

Next will be lighter in color cause I will run cooler an longer to evap. Kinda rushed it an went to hot.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's awesome! :D And winterized, too... It looks great! Thanks for sharing it with us.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Hi A_S...interesting. How cool does the glass still run? I'm very tempted. Tax return, etc. etc. and, oh by the way...that's very cool Qwiso art!

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Hi A_S...interesting. How cool does the glass still run? I'm very tempted. Tax return, etc. etc. and, oh by the way...that's very cool Qwiso art!
Which part? The first beaker is what ever temp ya set it at, the cooling coil is what temp ya have your res. at (5 gallon bucket with ice will be cool enough). Gonna dive in an buy all the equipment in May fingers crossed. I'll report back when it's up an running with a GG#4 sugar trim run. Mahalos Mayan.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I did a quick wash on some recently harvested stacked kush buds. Just scraped it up an hour ago. I think it's the best consistency I've gotten yet. I froze the buds beforehand and then I crushed them prior to the wash, which resulted in some chlorophyll being picked up, but other than that the quality appears to be fantastic. Haven't sampled any yet, but it's like amber glass in appearance. Looks golden in the light. Pure shatter. Full of terpenes.

LE5xF2z.jpg

61YAb98.jpg

suUt1Qf.jpg

KmamInb.jpg

Oh yeah, and thanks to DoubleTripleOG for showing me that a Foodsaver can work as a cheap vacuum pump for purging. I adapted his idea a bit, and just sealed my extract inside of a wide-mouth jar, which I then heated gently inside of a fondue pot. It was bubbling and smoothing itself out at temperatures way below what I'm working with on the stove top, or in the oven, so the little bit of vacuum pressure there is in a canning jar definitely allows for a lower temp purge. I'm going to buy a seedling heating mat to use for even lower temperature than the fondue pot.

jump /injack

Veteran
With what your using if you add a copper coil you can very quickly reclaim your alcohol. Gray Wolf even has a picture of what you have with the coil attached and the catch bottle beneath it.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I plan on looking into this for when I start using 99% isopropyl. Thanks for the heads up. :tiphat:

With what your using if you add a copper coil you can very quickly reclaim your alcohol. Gray Wolf even has a picture of what you have with the coil attached and the catch bottle beneath it.

unless doing really large runs what is the attraction of reclaiming iso? its not like its grape ethanol at $200 a gallon. What am i missing

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I can't speak for jump but I always feel wasteful every time I evaporate solvent into the air. It's not so much the cost as the principle. I would like to be able to reclaim my solvent eventually.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Time to bump this thread. I made a new batch the other day and it's actually too damn strong. It is just. Too. Damn. Strong. It gives me panic attacks. So I'm going to dissolve it into some PEG and make my first THC e-juice with it. I'll update the thread when that happens. In the meantime, here are a couple of shots of it in its shatter form...

Jsf3puF.jpg

6GFcPiv.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks! And nah I don't use heat during the process anymore, other than for a final melt, to coalesce it into one piece, and I've started using a heating pad for that. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks man. I think I've finally mastered my technique. I just started a new batch last night, and I've got an even newer batch on deck so I can test out using whole flowers instead of trim, see what the difference might be. But yeah, if I keep making it this strong, I suspect I won't be dabbing the straight oil anymore, and will start turning it into e-juice.

Arthritis sure must suck : (

Arthritis sure must suck : (

Is it fair to presume that you use the Sacred Herbs oil to relieve arthritis pain? Herb is the only thing that gives relief from severe nerve pain. Some strains work better than others though. Oil is absolutely brilliant, regardless of the strain used.

Relief from pain is fantastic, cure is even better : )

Are you aware that the basic mineral borax improves, & can even cure arthritis?
There have been several articles on borax in Nexus magazine. Sorry, don't know how to link, but google 'nexus magazine'. It's important to read the article because it warns that 'supermarket' borax usually has one of two origins of source. One is next to useless, the other the real deal.

I've given this info to many people. The few who've actually tried it have all gained improvement of movement, a reduction in swelling & less pain as a result.

Hope you don't mind the unsolicited post that's unrelated to the topic, but I just detest the Big Pharma oriented health system that actively suppresses effective natural cures, simply because they can't patent nature (& off-course the biggest opponent of the Herb) nor compete against her.

^^^^^^^ Arthritis Sucks ^^^^^^^^^
Not sure why your name didn't appear on above post, but, as you probably figured, it was for you : )

Hush, I've enjoyed your thread. So many pretend that they're experts on the internet. You man, are a breath of fresh air. You're easy to read (although I have to google words like "parchment paper" - we call it 'baking paper' here, haha) polite, helpful, but more importantly, you're not afraid to say "I don't know" (I had a problem with that one in my youth, haha)

After reading most of this thread, I had so many comments, but I'm that baked that ....... Doh!

Anyway, I've been blasting with butane for about three years now. The more I do it, the more nervous I become.
Hash is virtually unheard of in my part of Australia. My methods of treating the oil after blasting must seem quite barbaric compared to yours. Before I found IC & read threads here by experienced blasters, I learnt how to blast from a friend of a friend who probably learnt how to from youtube (I know, I'm a numbskull)
After blasting, I was left with a very gooey mess & had no idea how to handle it. Then, while baked, I had an idea. There was some very dry, very good bud (WW & White Shark)) from the years before efforts, that I powdered up, removing every little hard bit. Heated up my oil & added the powdered bud until the oil was just absorbed.
Many will no-doubt be thinking, "What a numbskull", right at this point, but the end result looks like medium grade imported hash (I'm waiting for a mate to show me how to download a phone photo to laptop - when he does I'll download a pic if anyones interested) More importantly, the smallest amount bakes even the most seasoned smokers. It's so strong that I've even been offered $100 a gram.
Rather than selling, I'll gift for medical reasons, but I'd much prefer to show someone how to make it themselves. I've been avoiding to show a friend how to blast, waiting for a very windy day as an excuse. I'm so glad that I can now show a much, much safer way of making oil. My friend has severe back pain & the oil is "at least twice as good" at relieving pain than bud.
This iso wash method is what I've been looking for. All I need is to find some appropriate iso (following a couple of leads provided here on IC)
Can't wait to try this on this years efforts - NYD x Og & Cherry Og. The NYD x Og was very leafy & meant heaps of sugar trim. 18 grams of hash from eight plants trim (5 NYD 3 Cherry Og)
I've still got at least two ounces of trim to try your (& Grey Wolfs) methods.

Thanks again for sharing Hush.

Time to bump this thread. I made a new batch the other day and it's actually too damn strong. It is just. Too. Damn. Strong. It gives me panic attacks.

Hahaha, sorry man, panic attacks aren't nice but you sound like a few of my friends who say the same about some of my bud, like Cherry Og, who say it's "too strong".
I'll offer you the same advice that I give them; "There is no such thing as 'too strong', SMOKE SMALLER CONES & WAIT 10 mins before you smoke another one" hahaha.
Just think how high in cannabinoids hash must be. Didn't someone say that their hash tested at 62% THC? And high in CBD & CBN? Enough to give most a panic attack if not careful with dose size.
I'm a bit of a light weight & always start off cautious with new bud & new batches of oil.
Your hash looks so delectable, so delicious, I'd have to resist the urge to stick it in my mouth.

Ah yes, I was going to ask "why not use a heat mat?"
Ever since I left a bowl of oil on the double boiler by accident, to return home hours later to find my house reeking of hash (strangely, it was still better than good), I've used a heat mat after blasting.

Latest posts

Latest posts