What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's QWISO journal

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I didn't do it on purpose, I'll tell you that much. I'm fairly certain that it was simply the result of beta carotenes or something like that, specific to that particular strain, whatever it was. It had to come from a terpene, I would think.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I have been meaning to get back into concentrate experimentation again. In fact, I think I'm going to do a QWET for the first time. Coming soon...

axle2u

BHO production is safe as long as you do it outside away from any potential ignition sources. I wouldn't try it indoors.

Hexane vapors are supposed to be more dangerous for your health in terms of inhalation. I've tried a few batches with hexane. The oil is harder to purge, and the quality didn't turn out as well as the batches of BHO I made with the same plants.

good nugget of info, thanks

-axle robo

axle2u

I appreciate your cogent response. To each his own. I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I feel that now I should have quoted the second article. Rapeseed used to be poisonous to humans now it is called canola oil due to processing. But how good are our studies and is there ever a vested interest in industry trying to protect itself by downplaying and minimizing the effects of harsh chemicals.

Having lost my non-smoking, non-drinking Dad to Stage 4 cancer the past year, my belief in the so-called safety of chemicals is at an all-time low. things like asbestos used to be considered extremely safe, now we know they aren't.

That is one reason I so love the Bubbleman and his Bubblebags.

Is the qwiso/BHO really that much better than water extraction or is it a question of chlorophyll?

Anyway, you solved one major prob for me with your A/C window unit choice in your 1000 watt grow.

have a good one.

good info, I picked up on the ac window unit.....

you know what, when I cook off my iso wash I run it through a window ac too....its not a real big one, but not a small one neither maybe 6, or 7000 btu....I pulled out the filter screen, put in 2 big aquarium carbon filters (aquarium water pump), for added smell reduction....and closed the unit back up...

I got a small wood table that comes up underneath the ac...
bought electric plate, park it right under the intake of the ac...
and pump that shit right out the 2nd story window....burn some old skank hotdogs on the bbq simultaneously with my cook...
for additional aromas, masking any odors...

and I live right downtown.....lol
absolutely no smell outside....

-axle robot