What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's micro LED grow - Sadhu

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 59:

bO614SL.jpg

2m1V5em.jpg

a2ZWTza.jpg

I'm still learning how to hold the Method 7 glasses over my camera while taking pictures, so this is the only bud shot I have at the moment:

GuCf3eA.jpg

Thanks again hush....that last batch of pics made me drool a bit on my tablet. Sure glad I don't have a smellovision cause might have tried to smoke it!!

Also curious how long u plan on letting her go before flush/harvest? Do u have a preferred clear/cloudy/amber trich ratio that u follow or....?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The flush already happened, right around day 49. I try to give a solid flush on all my plants, about 2 weeks before they are done, then they get nothing but pH adjusted water for the remainder of their lives.

So this cut is normally done at day 63. I try to wait until there are no more clear trichomes, regardless of how many ambers there are. I just wait until all the clears have gone cloudy. When I am flowering out plants for the first time, I try to make educated guesses, but they aren't always correct. Then, I adjust for next time.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cab is looking great! The initial training really made her fill the cab nicely

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thank you. And yes, training makes a hell of a difference. I can't believe this is one plant!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Today is day 63. Normally I would harvest today but the buds are definitely a little behind on this grow. I'll wait another 3 or 4 days. Anyway, pics:

X7oVRhW.jpg

cbkOnmt.jpg

1oHdMnV.jpg

mIjwvXx.jpg

CCWxbaA.jpg

nealcassady

Really nicely documented, hush. I'm on my first indoor grow, trying LED as well.

Do you find that there's no need for reflective surfaces on your cabinet walls?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ It's hard for me to say whether there's a need or not... I can only say that without them I am still seeing productivity and success. Something tells me that it would certainly help to have reflective surfaces, but I'm not so sure that it would be all that noticeable of a difference. I have considered lining the walls with reflectix, even back when I was running CFLs in here. I just never got around to it, and in the grand scheme of things, this is my "least important" garden so I've allowed myself to cut a few corners here and there.

This grow has been the most productive one yet, in this cabinet, so I don't know, I am starting to reconsider fine-tuning this cab and covering all the corners I cut before, including the lack of reflective walls. It can't hurt.

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
Hi Hush! Do you have a thread describing your cabinet? I've been thinking of trying a cabinet approach so I can have more than one grow environment, for many obvious reasons. A cabinet seems more robust than a grow tent

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hmmm. I've had this thing for a really long time and I know I have some previous threads buried in the archives here at icmag... let me see if I can find any posts I've already made in the past before I start writing something from scratch...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Okay I found a few posts from a long time ago. I've just copied and pasted here, rather than linking to the discombobulated threads these posts came from...

The entire armoire with both doors open:

IMG955.jpg

Both doors open, looking down at the floor level, so you can see the intake holes:

IMG956.jpg

You can also see the middle chamber in that last picture, but here is another pic:

IMG960.jpg

Then after the air flows up both sides of the cabinet it meets here, in the exhaust chamber, where a single fan blows it out the back:

IMG958.jpg

NOTE: The stanley blower was ineffective, so I replaced it with a 4" centrifugal inline

Also, I found this magnificent sketch I drew up in MS-Paint. Leonardo Da Vinci would be proud, lol:

vertcab_zpsc6c1d12e.jpg

The right side obviously was never turned into a sativa chamber, as that is where my LED garden is now. But I have considered putting some wire shelving on that side, making it a double-decker chamber, where I can have 2 LED gardens in that same space.

I hope this helps, mrgrynch.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well all of the unstaked buds flopped over in here, so I'm going to go ahead and harvest tonight after I get home from work. It's not worth staking them up just for another 2 or 4 days til i was planning on harvesting anyway, so they can just come down now. It's time. No pics at the moment, sorry. I was in a hurry before I left my house earlier. But I'll take some final pics before I chop.

:wave:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I was in a hurry so here a couple of quick pics:

OHI1Ubp.jpg

JJmrVw4.jpg

I don't think I'll be flowering out any mother plants again. I forgot how unruly they are by harvest time. It was a crazy mess down below all the top buds, let me tell you. I probably ended up with an ounce of larf, alone. But the top buds were very impressive, so I'm pretty sure the final dry weight will be too.

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts