What's new

hush's micro LED grow - Sadhu

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have heard many good things about the "raspberry" purple pheno... did you have one of these phenos? If so, how did you like it compared to your keeper pheno?

i didnt get a rasberry pheno in my pack i bought the feminised seeds that they discountinued. one of my purple phenos that hermied bad had a sort of berry-ish smell to it but had to pull it early in flower so never sampled it. i dont know how many of the purple phenos get that rasberry smell.

im going to order a pack or 2 when their shop re-opens.
i still have white satin f2's,satori & safari mix to grow out along with my hybrids mandala#1 x sadhu,true blueberry x mandala#1 lol
this sickness has got a hold on me

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 38:

uA5n7iG.jpg

2EbuFPW.jpg

rhEl5IP.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
E1zAHbR.jpg

Trichomes have been growing all the way out on the tips of the fan leaves this time, and a whole lot earlier:

rL48olj.jpg

The colas are nice and thick, much chunkier and longer than under CFLs:

km0TDzK.jpg

5NFipRl.jpg

An obligatory shot under the pink light I'm learning to love so much:

S3cFY4q.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Yep. I've already bought another LED panel that I will be replacing the T5's in my mother cab with. Then in a week or so I hope to order another LED panel to replace the HPS in my 2x2 tent. I'm sold on LEDs!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Not sure if I'll hold on to it, or sell it on Craigslist. If I hold on to it, I'll certainly use it again in the future. I'd kind of like to try using a 400 in a 3x3 tent, so maybe I'll hold on to it for that purpose. I guess for now it will go in my storage shed which is now over 90% growing-related stuff, lol.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Not sure if I'll hold on to it, or sell it on Craigslist. If I hold on to it, I'll certainly use it again in the future. I'd kind of like to try using a 400 in a 3x3 tent, so maybe I'll hold on to it for that purpose. I guess for now it will go in my storage shed which is now over 90% growing-related stuff, lol.

GROW WHORDER LOL:laughing:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
LOL. I could open a hydroponics store with all the crap I've got in there. In my defense, I do plan on using it eventually for a legal nursery business I've always wanted to start up. That's my retirement plan, anyway. When I get old and retire from my career, I will get very bored, and so I plan on starting up a nursery or small farm for specialty plants.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
This is an impressive LED grow hush. I've not got any experience in these things so maybe you can tell me if the development of leaf in and around the canopy is stronger than with HPS or fluros. Or maybe the flowering is stronger?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The flower-to-leaf ratio has been the same under LEDs as it always was under HPS and fluoros, if that's what you're asking. That didn't change. There are a few differences worth mentioning, though... One is that under LEDs the internodes are MUCH shorter on this strain, which is a strain I know very well, and have grown many times under many conditions. Also, there is definitely, absolutely more trichome development, on more parts of the plant, and appearing earlier than other light sources I've used. Also, I want to say that the branches/stems are much stronger than usual... but I can't say for sure because this grow was with a heavily-cropped mother plant, instead of freshly rooted clones like I normally use, so that could have affected the strength of the branches.

All I can say for now is that this was definitely a step up from CFLs and it actually seems to be comparable to a low wattage HPS in terms of expected yield. I can't help but think about how this grow has reminded me of the little SCROG grows I used to do inside of a hollowed-out dresser, under a 150w HPS, where I typically yielded over 3 ounces at a time. I would not be surprised if I get close to 3 ounces out of this grow, but my official goal is to simply break 2 ounces.

Latest posts

Latest posts