What's new

hush's micro LED grow - Sadhu

Gonna have a jungle in there! Can't wait to see how this turns out, I been pretty curious about the LED's.

If I may ask, hush, how much did you pay for your LED?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If I may ask, hush, how much did you pay for your LED?

It was like $110 or something. Just barely over $100 which is why I allowed myself to make the impulse purchase in the first place. Seems to be doing a decent job!

It was like $110 or something. Just barely over $100 which is why I allowed myself to make the impulse purchase in the first place. Seems to be doing a decent job!

Awesome Hush! I'm in for the ride, I wanna see how this LED does for you. If I could use an LED for summer as a HPS replacement that would be cool. <--(some one on the forum gave me this idea)

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I can't say this would replace any HPS lamps, except for maybe a 150, but for me I bought it to replace a 4x23w spiral CFL lighting setup. It's already been a huge improvement over that, so I'm happy with this purchase. At this point, there's no reason to believe that my plant won't finish under this light. So I can already call it a success, and a step up from CFLs for this micro garden.

:wave:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I've been inspecting the garden today, and couldn't help but notice how many pistils there are all over the plants, all the way down to the soil line. And the internode length is nice and short, too, all the way down! LED lighting is looking pretty good to me at the moment. :D

QYYCjOH.jpg

QenVgmS.jpg

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
IMHO, you should defoliate a little bit more to allow light to reach bottom buds. LEDs perform very well, but the penetration is not so deep (especially if the light source is nearly a point) .

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thank you. I appreciate feedback. I was a little hesitant to defoliate anymore than I did because in the past this plant has made it clear that she doesn't like a severe hacking. So I was a little scared to take off too much. I'll experiment some more another time. I have to say though, the bottom buds are actually forming nicely. I don't know if it comes through in the pics, but as far as I can tell there is some decent penetration going on. It doesn't even appear there will be any popcorn at this point! In time I shall see...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 29:

vFGLGa3.jpg

Hempfield, you really have me thinking I should do another defoliation. Been thinking about it since you posted it. I went back and looked at a previous journal where I did a heavy defol on this plant, and it seems it's possible that the reason she never bounced back was due to environmental factors, and not the defoliation itself. So, I think I can bring myself to pluck all the leaves with visible petioles. I'll do that in the next few days.

In general, I'm a huge fan of defoliation. I've participated in all of the epic defoliation threads that have been closed over the years, in favor of it. Then, one day, I had a problem with my sadhu plant after a heavy defoliation, and blamed it on that ever since. I have admittedly done less of it even to plants that have demonstrated they prefer it in the past. So I need to stop being a pussy and just get back to it!

The moral of the story is, thank you Hempfield for bringing it to my attention. You didn't know it, but I needed to hear that. ;)

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
hush, you'r welcome !

She seems to be very bushy at this time and I think in a week or two the largest fan leaves will totally shade the bottom buds.

When I do a selective defoliation, I take the pot outside the floweroom, under a very bright and concentrated LED light source and I am looking to the plant from above: if a fan leaf obstruct to much area I try to bend it down as much as possible to allow light to penetrate or even remove the entire leaf to be able to spot the lower buds.

If the plant (as in your situation) grow so many leaves in flower she will recover with no doubt. And anyway : we don't want to grow leaves, but high quality bud.

Faceroller77

Hey hush awesome journal, that girl is looking good!

I just got an Apollo UFO led as well same model. I think mine is defective tho, both switches has the same effect all leds firing.

It was my understanding from their model description and some of your pics as well that you can switch from blue to red spectrums, is that true? one switch blue leds, one switch red leds and both switches on is full spectrum?

This might be dumb question as well but what the hell are the other funky plugs for?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I must not have the same model as you because mine doesn't have separate modes like that. Mine is just on/off. But I'm okay with that. That's why I bought a full spectrum fixture, so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

As far as other funky plugs go... Are you talking about the plug that looks like a female version of the male plug we use to power it up? If so, that's so you can daisy chain multiple lights together, and only use one wall outlet. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
God dammit God dammit GOD DAMMIT!

I must have accidentally flipped the manual switch on the timer yesterday while I was working in here and now the light has been on for well over 24 hours! Fuck!!

This has never happened to me before, and I blame it entirely on using these bullshit analog timers. I've always used digital timers before now. Fuck fuck fuck!!

Digital timers don't fuck up. :mad:

Latest posts

Latest posts