What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's 3x3 tent - 400w SCROG - Northern Skunk

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Couple of pics with flash on and HPS off:

2J4LVhu.jpg

1LTqVLG.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
^ Precisely why I don't plan on trying. I will be cutting the buds from the plant at or above the trellis, and then drying them in one of these hanging mesh storage bags from Ikea:

ikea-ps-fangst-hanging-storage--compartments__49941_PE145851_S4.jpg

Dr.RedWhite

And your roots look awesome too! I used chicken wire once in a vert setup and moved on to the 3"x5" squared garden fencing. The real mistake was weaving the plants thru the screens.

Couple questions.

How many days in did you stop tucking?

And what size is your hood? Looks like have some dark spots around the edges there maybe just the camera.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The hood is about 24 inches by 24 inches if I recall correctly. Something very near to that, anyway. As far as I can tell there are no dim areas anywhere in the entire tent so I'm guessing you are seeing something in the photos that I'm not seeing. As far as when I stop tucking, I can't tell you how many days in it was... I don't think of things that way so I wasn't counting or anything like that. I just tuck tuck tuck until the stretch stops, or at least slows way down. You can easily get a feel for this by just doing it. Once the stretch downshifts, and you aren't tucking twice a day anymore, or even once a day, then you know you will just need to level out the canopy as soon as possible because you are running out of time to do so.

Hard to put into words, but easy to understand in practice.

The hood is about 24 inches by 24 inches if I recall correctly. Something very near to that, anyway. As far as I can tell there are no dim areas anywhere in the entire tent so I'm guessing you are seeing something in the photos that I'm not seeing. As far as when I stop tucking, I can't tell you how many days in it was... I don't think of things that way so I wasn't counting or anything like that. I just tuck tuck tuck until the stretch stops, or at least slows way down. You can easily get a feel for this by just doing it. Once the stretch downshifts, and you aren't tucking twice a day anymore, or even once a day, then you know you will just need to level out the canopy as soon as possible because you are running out of time to do so.

Hard to put into words, but easy to understand in practice.

Maybe it's just the display on my phone. Looks darker torwards the bottom and the left side of the scrog. But you see it in person:)

And thank you I guess I'll just have to get a feel for it!

OldeMann

You definitly have a green thumb!

After reading this thread I had to get a new light!

I think I will be needing to learn a few more things to get budz like those!

The ganja gods have been smile'n on you!

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
You are killing it, great job!! Flip flops are where it's at!! I'd love to see you rocking two of these tents with 600w next run!!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
No lollypopping, no defoliating. I tuck leaves that are blocking buds, rather than clip them, and I remove branches that never make it above the screen. I regularly pluck dead or dying leaves, though.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just read through this thread because I was trying to watch the progression of screen coverage... and I just want to say you guys are all really awesome. Everyone who commented in here, and pretty much all of my other journals. This place is full of kind, genuine people, and I feel blessed to be a part of this online community.

One day, when the madness ends, I hope to share a smoke with you all.

:tiphat: