What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's 3x3 tent - 400w SCROG - Northern Skunk

jump /injack

Veteran
This is my favorite smoke now, always come back to it as there is no downside for me on this one. Love to watch it grow so will come along for the ride.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I added the scrog screen today.

G2tvdm8.jpg

She's a sexy one you have there hush. & that bud looks pretty excellent as well. What nutes are you ru.ning her with? Im joining the ride with one rolled.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Hey everyone. I'm back with a new garden. Now that I'm settled in to my new place, I'm celebrating with an entirely new tent. It's a Secret Jardin DR90, lit up with a 400w HPS. I built a DIY flood and drain system using a 2x2 flood table and a storage tote. For its inaugural run I decided on using 3 clones, and SCROG. I'll install the screen in the next few days.

View Image

The strain is Northern Skunk from Peak Seeds BC. Here's a pic from a previous grow:

View Image

I have been looking forward to growing this one out again. It's great bedtime medicine.

Purty, purty, Skunk.
Very nice.

Can I Make A Suggestion:

Can I Make A Suggestion:

When I first started scrogging I used chicken wire and found it to be too restrictive. Finally I evolved to this...........

picture.php

This way you can actually reach through the screen to make adjust if you need to, can't do that with chicken wire. Also I use pink on purpose because it was easy to see contrasted with the green it really sticks out.

You could build the frame the exact sized of the tent and mount it too the poles, that's how I had it in the small tent I had and it worked great! :pimp3:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
When I first started scrogging I used chicken wire and found it to be too restrictive. Finally I evolved to this...........

View Image

This way you can actually reach through the screen to make adjust if you need to, can't do that with chicken wire. Also I use pink on purpose because it was easy to see contrasted with the green it really sticks out.

You could build the frame the exact sized of the tent and mount it too the poles, that's how I had it in the small tent I had and it worked great! :pimp3:

I've made frames like that in the past. This time around I just happened to have access to some poultry netting so I used it. I decided against building a frame, due to laziness. If this doesn't work out for any reason I will go back to using a frame. Thanks for the tip. :)

mikejones425

I'm thinking of a similar setup, mind If I ask a few questions?

1. How do you like the 3x3? I'm trying to decide between that and 4x2

2. Any more details on the light, digital or magnetic? Air cooled hood? If so, what kind of fan and what temps are you seeing?

3. What kinda ventilation and filtration you using?

staank

yeah I'll piggy back a couple questions too...

You run a lot of sizes, per your sig, a 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 plus a micro grow.
If you have the space for all that, why not a larger grow?
Amongst the footprints your running now.. do you have a preference?

thanks

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm thinking of a similar setup, mind If I ask a few questions?

1. How do you like the 3x3? I'm trying to decide between that and 4x2

2. Any more details on the light, digital or magnetic? Air cooled hood? If so, what kind of fan and what temps are you seeing?

3. What kinda ventilation and filtration you using?

1. I love it so far, but this is my newest tent and this is the first run I've done in it, so I haven't even completed one round yet. All I can say is that it seems like a really good, comfortable size space that can potentially yield a pound or more, especially if I put a 600 in there. But I'm using a 400 because I already had one laying around.

2. It's a digital 400w by iPower. Yes, it's an aircooled hood, also by iPower. I'm using a ~175 cfm centrifugal to move air through it, and then I'm just dumping the exhaust right into the space where the tent resides.

3. This tent is in a converted shed in my back yard that has a 8000 btu window air conditioner in its window. The shed also contains my 4x4 tent. So I have 2 tents in there, for a total of 1400 watts, all being cooled with the air conditioner. There is no exhaust fan in this shed. All the air from the tents gets recirculated back into the shed where the heat is cooled by the AC. I don't even generate any CO2 in the shed, yet, and I'm still bringing in .5 gpw. So eventually I will invest in a CO2 generator and will presumably increase my yields. I do have a carbon filter inside the 4x4 tent which scrubs the odor from both gardens to a safe enough degree where I do not smell anything around the outside of the shed.

yeah I'll piggy back a couple questions too...

You run a lot of sizes, per your sig, a 2x2, 3x3 and 4x4 plus a micro grow.
If you have the space for all that, why not a larger grow?
Amongst the footprints your running now.. do you have a preference?

thanks

There are a few reasons I have so many small gardens instead of one larger garden... primarily because I've never had a large enough space where I can do one garden. But honestly, now that I've been doing multiple small gardens for so long now, I kind of like it. I get to have somewhat perpetual harvests. I get to grow several strains at a time, but still do monocrops. I am afforded the ability to experiment a little from time to time and not worry about screwing up an entire harvest. I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the other benefits I've encountered, as there are many. But primarily I think this is all out of necessity, due to not having a basement, or not dedicating an entire bedroom to growing, and I'm pretty sure I will jump at the opportunity to do one large garden if and when that possibility arises. But if I do, I will probably still keep a small micro garden in the house so that I can have my proverbial eggs in more than one basket.

Of all the sizes I've done so far, honestly, the 3x3 is the one I like the most. I like the fact that it's really not much smaller than the 4x4, so I'm almost positive I can achieve the same yields in the 3x3 as the larger one. But that slight smaller size makes it considerably easier to reach all the areas of the tent for maintenance, without having to balance myself precariously while dangling over the plants, or having to actually put one foot inside the tent in order to tend to the plants in the back. So if I end up being happy with the yields I'm bringing in from the 3x3, there is a high probability that I will replace the 4x4 with another 3x3.