What's new

Humbolt County's Own Additives

HumboldtHealer

I used this product a few times with good results, I stopped when I learned that some of there products had high levels of arsenic and carcinogenics in them.

T

TribalSeeds

I tend to agree with that line of thinking.
Not to kick a dead horse, but I've been told snow storm ultra has not so good levels of arsenic in it....

Can you show a link with that info? I just did a quick google search but couldnt find any matching info. I did see gravity has arsenic.
I was interested because I read another thread around here that said their company got raided last week.
Whats funny is a local shop tried to push that shit on me when I was picking up H&G. He told me he knows what every ingredient is in all the products he sells and how he wouldnt use something bad for you. I questioned him on PGRs and he shut the fuck up.

Mia

I cannot.
It is what I've been told by my local grow shop and they generally don't bullshit. Next time I'm in there I'll ask for specifics. They seem like a fairly douchey company ethically speaking-they have shown they don't really give a fuck by putting in the Paclo...

A

ak-51

they have shown they don't really give a fuck by putting in the Paclo...
I actually have a bigger problem with them concealing it from growers intentionally.

A person should have a choice whether or not they want to use a certain chemical in their grow. They are taking that choice away from the uninformed by including a controversial chemical and not disclosing it.

T

TribalSeeds

Paclo in Snow Storm? Ive never read that either. Im certain the shop I saw this at is full of shit, so Im not saying youre wrong. I wont go there anymore because of some other shit he tried to pull. I wasnt happy with him trying to push this on, but at the time I wasnt aware of anything youve said so far...

T

TribalSeeds

Looks like Botanicare products have more arsenic and lead than snowstorm ultra

Mia

According to Washington state you guys are correct.
But there is something odd I noticed when looking at the botanicare information. Their bloom has arsenic levels of 10 ppm.
According to this document:http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/hwtr/dangermat/fert_standards.html , that means it is over the allowable limit(5ppm) and shouldn't even be allowed to be registered in Washington....yet it is if I'm reading everything correctly..
Also, it may have been ganja pharma, but I remember someone saying they contacted the department, and that it is sort of an honor code system, meaning not every product is tested before being registered and that it is probelmatic, but that could've been Oregon.
Funny business!
Like I said I will ask more questions..
ANd AK, I agree with you in principle, but my only caveat would be that if you're distributing said product that changes the argument. I can't really argue with the mayor, trying to be an upstanding citizen of janky town and all.. :)

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Also, it may have been ganja pharma, but I remember someone saying they contacted the department, and that it is sort of an honor code system, meaning not every product is tested before being registered and that it is probelmatic, but that could've been Oregon.

Funny business!
Mia

The numbers at WSDA, ODA, et al. are those provided by the manufacturers. Testing cannot be accomplished because of the costs involved unless a 'request for review' is filed as has happened in the past and has accelerated in the past 3 years much to the chagrin of more than a few 'nute companies' - fun times!

Caveat emptor

Mia

Thank you CC!
As usual, your knowledge is a tremendous help.
Can't say I'm too pleased about what I'm hearing though-it means we cannot even trust the registries..
And regardless of that how the hell is PBP even registered if they're admitting to those levels(double acceptable levels)?...
Caveat emptor indeed!

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Thank you CC!
As usual, your knowledge is a tremendous help.
Can't say I'm too pleased about what I'm hearing though-it means we cannot even trust the registries..
And regardless of that how the hell is PBP even registered if they're admitting to those levels(double acceptable levels)?...
Caveat emptor indeed!
MIA

If you look at ODA's 'Fertilizer Stop Sale List' you'll see that the overwhelming majority of filings are on hydro store products. The ill-informed might conclude that ODA is a 'hater' (most mindless term I've ever encountered) but that isn't accurate. What is accurate is that the 'nute' companies file against each other to keep competing products off the shelves.

Consider that Botanicare is registered under Sun Light Mfg. and American Agritech and this company through their network of companies (like National Garden Wholesale, Sun Leaves, etc.) are in effect a 'house brand' for hydro stores in the areas that they service which is huge.

Now go back and look at the suspensions and see who is pissing on who - LMAO

CC

Y

YosemiteSam

How about you find the information for yourself??? Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that I need to PROVE something to you???

You can either take the post I made and decide I might know what I am talking about and then YOU investigate further and see for YOURSELF!!

Or you can take my post as a grain of salt or complete utter BS for that matter!! It makes no difference to me you see as I already tried and tested the product for myself and found out all the awesome benefits from using it, and I also did the needed research to find out what was in it and why it worked so well....guess I am just CRAZY like that.....if you decide to take advantage of a great product, more power to you...if not....more power to you!!

I do not OWE you anything, proof or otherwise, lets get that straight right now!

I really do not understand where these people get the idea that someone has to PROVE something to them......if you want to take advantage of other growers experience with a product and again SEE FOR YOURSELF, then by all means....you might just LEARN something.....stranger things HAVE happened!! LOL!!

I am not here to PROVE anything to anyone, I just saw the thread and since I have used the product for years now and even before it was even available in stores as a product testing sample, I thought I might comment on its uses that most do not even know about.

MOST think it is JUST a pk booster or flower booster....and it is WAY more than that as I explained in my post.

What you do with the information is up to you......

Without actual proof, like chemical analysis, it begs the question did this product simply fill a gap in your nute program giving you an improvement?

Without that proof your post is meaningless to me...so I take it with less than a grain of salt.

How about sharing that testing process you use...that might convince me.

Mia

lul
I have an inkling of how fucking ridiculous the whole hydro industry is, but have purposely covered my eyes and ears because things are depressing enough already...:)
I was at my local store buying a bag of coco the other day and the AN rep was there bagging on H&G and how it's full of heavy metals. I asked him his opinion of canna and he didn't have anything bad to say except it's costly and hard to find.
Then they all(store employees included) proceeded to bag on humboldt wholesalers, the distributor for H&G, basically saying they are some super douches from the east coast with strong arm tactics...
What a riot.
BTW Sometimes a Great Notion is one of my favorite books. Ken Kesey was an incredible writer.

vertigo0007

Has anyone actually tested snow storm ultra in a lab? What type of lab would test this type of product? Any lab with a mass spec?

N

NancyBotwin412

Alfalfa tea. Add a couple of tablespoons of alfalfa to a chlorine free gallon of water and let it soak for 6-12 hours, giving it a violent shaking whenever you remember. It's full of all kinds of stuff, triacontinol included.
http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/duke/farmacy2.pl

When I was really into roses, I mulched my bushes with ordinary rabbits pellets to get the benefits of Tricontinol. Rosarians have been doing this for decades.

T

TribalSeeds

iv heard that snowstorm ultra also has something thata stumulate the plant's s.a.r response,making it think its under attack or stressed,to stimulate resin? one is called salylic acid (or something),theres others,

and can you root feed with it,foliar feed?how many ml per quart of foliar?

None. Dont support companies like this.
Im not sure what the raid was about, but they do use pgrs in some of their products. Some stores still sell their banned products behind the counter.
I did manage to find an article about the raid. Not much more info than what has already been provided here already though...

One2011

I had an experience with purple maxx Some of my Leaves started getting almost bleach spots type burn on them. If you are gonna experiment with Those products I would use the least amount or like anything else sacrifice one plant to test on lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts