What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How old.

ndnguy

I am 49, gettin stuff together for my first grow, medicinal, can't wait to have help for pain and depression. This site is going to be a life saver!!!! Have done a ton of research and without you guys this would never have happened,ty IC

Chronis X

Found this on OG

Found this on OG

5420964885980-01-LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im 52 been smokin since i was 12 ... OMG you do the math ...
The flow of energy ... here it is ... nameless.... timeless....

G

I'm with you, nobodyknew.

Born in 1951 which put me in the high school class of 69!

Been smoking for about 38 years now I guess... doubt I'll stop now.

ancient1

ancient1 signing in. I just turned 52 this year. Started my journey in 1967 when I ran away from home and ended up in the Haight. Selling copies of the Oracle and love beads on the street to survive. Living off tuna and crackers and whatever we could scrounge. Then I wised up, went home and went back to school. Played music for a while until the harder aspects of my love affair with drugs got the best of me. Stroked out and lost the strength in my hands. Couldn't bend a note to save my life. Had the music in me but couldn't get my hands to cooperate. Quit all drugs except the herb. It's been a long strange trip but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. Hope I can be some use to you fellow travelers and I know I can learn a lot. :wave:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Born in '53, started smoking in '69. We had just moved to Cali from Indiana. Had the midwest twang and got called hayseed by the much cooler Cali kids. Had three of them sitting in front of me in Biology class, as they realized I was overhearing their conversation about reefer. The dude of the three turned back and said, "better not narc us out!" To which I replied "Oh no! I think it should be legalized! I wish I knew where I could get some to try it" Of course they laughed at me. Later, my lab partner who was also student body pres pulls me aside and sez, "hey did you mean it?" Mean what? "that you want to try it" He did too, and knew where he could buy a 'lid' for $10. After he bought, he tried some when he got home, got busted by his parents, and then gave me the whole bag for my $5 half! Threw in the corncob pipe he had bought to boot. I guess that was 35 years ago already. Have only had availability be the issue of whether I not I was smoking, since. Found the fabulous furry freak brothers famous saying to be as true then as it is today. "Dope will get through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope" And that is why I have been growing for the last two years!~

T

nobodyknew

Ancient 1
Sorry to hear about the stroke - that's the one thing that really scares me.
Had a heart attack at the end of June (28th) and was almost relieved that is what it was and not the other.......
Playing drums is on hold just for now.......

Dragonslayer

rembering

rembering

remeber the lid years when you bought it was full no measuring and it was 10 or 15 dollars man those where the days...lol...stay safe...dragon.....redbud i loved that weed....

ancient1

Thanks nobodyknew. It doesn't bother me too much anymore. After 30+ years I have found other things to occupy my mind and soul. Boy do I remenber the lid days....Guerrero Gold, Michoican(sp?), and the other greats. from Columbia, Jamaica, Thailand. We used to get some great hash in those days too. Where the hell did this all go wrong? It almost seems like a federal offence to smoke a joint now. When we were coming up it seemed like everyone and his brother smoked. What bugs the crap out of me is all the jerks that used to smoke it up are now some of the strongest detracters. Oh well .....fire one up for the ancient1.

Dragonslayer

those where the days...

those where the days...

howdy ancient1... sorry about your stroke hope all is well now..thats true about the people that are in high places for sure...i hope in the future they realize that this is a medicine giving from the ALMIGHTY that helps millions of people....stay safe and well......dragon

Age is a... Hhmmnnnn.
"the more I learn the less I know"

Zoe, I am right there with you. EEEEEEWWWW

Hot flashs in the middle of the night...can't get
enough fluids...peeing all the time(sorry). :)
Can't sleep thru the nights.....
Okay so where is our golden lining to becomeing "old stoners"???

Mine is: I do not really care now if people know
or not that I smoke. ( It's a new one for me).

I do wish people who get drunk and take perscriptions meds (Because of the buzz,not health)would stop slamming me for what I do... Oh bother. Let them judge away...I'm to tired.
Our's is healthier!
Oh well, 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

I have been partaking since the late 70's... I could only get
funky mexican back then. Oh! that's not so long... 26 years.

But, I still think I am old enough, to play here. ;)

Take care of yourselves.
Massage your feet. :)

With love,light and hugs too,
She Who Seeks Peace

Dear Ancient1,

I am glad to know you are here. I pray
all is well with you and yours. Thank you for your post.

Take care of you.
Massage your feet (pathway for entire body).

Hugs,She Who Seeks Peace

P.S. My husband and bestest best friend turned
52 this year as well.

Happy Happy to all.

i am one of the younger growers on this site (19) but i think i have more than the basics down. its great as i started young and will have lots more time to get better as i have no plans on stoping. Peace Homegrown

Dear HGS,

You go young one, you go!!!
Keep up the good work!!!
Post pixs at the growers forum
for us :)

Thank you!!!!
Take care of you.
Massage your feet.

Hugs, She Who Seeks Peace

ancient1

Thanks to all for the kind words. Just a little more information. My stroke happened over twenty years ago. I have long since learned to overcome most of my disability. In a way I am greatfull. I was deep into hard core cocaine use and whatever other pharmaceuticals passed my way. It was either a stroke or death for me. The supreme being decided to give me a wakeup call. I was pissed for a very long time until I realized I had squandered a gift and it was then taken away. I have learned a lot in the ensuing years the least of which is - Use your God given gifts in a postive way, tell your loved ones that you indeed love them. Tell them often. Don't find other things to do when you can be with family and friends. Cherish the time you have and your health. It is all very transitory and can be gone in an instant. I hope this is not all to cliche and I promise I won't preach again. :D Good Karma to all.

Dear Ancient1,

Preaching"s okay.... :)

Just reminding the choir. ;)

With love,light and Hugs, Seeks Peace

P,S, we all need that every so often (don't cha know).
"Thank You".
:)

i remember lids and sunshine acid

i remember lids and sunshine acid

Remember Hells Angels grew up in that--- WEW !!!!!!, Beatles 1964 what a influence, Lennon and George Even a Bigger Influence, Santana, Airplane, Doors, CSN&Y, Big Brother & Janis & Sunny Days @ Griffth Park , L.A. All for Free & the old Merry-Go-Round,
Bob Marley 1972- Another BIGGIE In my Life
Remember 4 Finger Lids, Bell Bottoms, Pink Floyd, The Day Sinsamilla arrived (were's the seeds ? cant be pot), Colombo Red & Gold, Panama Red, Zacatasya, (still growing those old genes.) afgan hash, temple balls, Buddha Sticks and Thai Stixs that were so yummy, and first Indica so short of unheard before flower time always down before the first snow, unlike sativa's then,
Remember Orange Sunshine Acid, Ozzley's L-25, Clear 4-way window pane, 2500 mic barrel tabs - you would see JAH & talk to him too and few others in the sprit word, Peyote-Vision Trips, Sweat Lodges, Dinosaur Days Peace Concerts in Wa.(later to become Rainbow Valley)
C.A.M.P. out smarted them since they began in 1984 what DOEHEADS !
Ah, those were fun days and still more to come
I may be "Old" I still fell 16 , my hair hasnt fallen out yet still no grey and half way down my back LET MY FREAK FLAG WAVE and still riding to date My Skateboards an O.G.'er from old "dogtown" days that was my gig
Doing Raves, Mountain Parties, Love some of the Hybreds being done now. Havent thought about age much Thats How Young I am, anyone remember these times? Thats how old I am

PEACE Give Thanks and Praise JAH

Hello LB,

Wow. I should put that much effort into
what I could remember.

Ah yes, "the original" bellbottems and plat-form
shoes or the infamous wedge.
Finally getting nice pot...not having to use scratched
albums... for seed removal. That was nice.
;)
Thank you for popping some forgotten memories
into my brain. :)

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs, She Who Seeks Peace

P.S. NNG
You rock...you young chicky you. ;)

Your Welcome For The Memories Anytime

Your Welcome For The Memories Anytime

Irie Morning to everyone today, a beautiful sunny day hope everyone else day is nice too :D
Hope you all have a bong or bowl lit for such a Irie day
Heres one to : Remember when seeds were FREE ! and a oz. of Humboldt Sinsa cost you $15.00 BUCKS !!!!!!!! Jez, than when everyone found out about it, the next month $125.00 to $150.00--- to much man !!! :eek:
Do you remember levis whaler bells ??? still have a couple pairs of those put away ( what a pack rat I am) got to throw this stuff out sometime, and do I remember platforms !!! Glitter Rock !!! when Stones(toured w/them on 75-76 & steel wheels tour ) Bowie and even Jethro Tull got into it, got pretty weird then, some good "L" & "Mother of Pearl" was sure flowing then. :D
And then there was PUNK ROCK !!!! Sex Pistols, Wendy O & Plasmatics, Wall of Voodoo, The Reseidents, Circle Jerks, X ,Talking Heads, Blondie, Romones,Black Flag The Slits, Flipper, Devo, Pretenders , Clash, Nena Lovelich ect., Alot of good Punk & counter culture shows at Perkins Palace Pasadena Ca. just so much good times, SKA - cool stuff, Ah yes Jimi Cliff, Big Youth , Lucky Dube, and Luciano,
O'well lets smoke a bowl its a Irie day and my children are laughing ---Life is Good may I live to 100+
PEACE & LOVE TO EVERYONE :D
Give Thanks and Praise JAH
Liberty :wave