What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much is the good doctor charging?

Golden Tree

Dandanger GOOD for you buddy....

GODDAMMED it makes my day EVERYTIME I hear someone say that...

Grow your own folks!

Hugs D

S

sourpuss

Guys u gotta understand that anyone truly in need of cannabis as a medicine does not ever pay for a script. It's guys who truely don't need cannabis for medicine who end up having trouble getting it for free. That's why you pay money...

S

sourpuss

Has anyone used 420 consulting and been referred to a doctor that signed more than 5g/day?

Pretty sure most doctors won't go past the 5 g a day unless either the patient truly needs more than 5 or the patient is paying for the larger gram per day script... $$$$$

Tynehead Tom

for me, 18 years ago I worked my last day as a structural engineer in the bridge building trade. I got crushed by a piece of equipment weighing about 400 pounds, landing flat on my back with it on top of me. My injuries included 9 broken ribs, some with more than 1 break, torn diaphragm, torn shoulder and neck muscles, 1 broken wrist, 1 dislocated, torn thoracic muscles, bruised vertebrae all up my spine, 30 stiches to the back of my head, badly bruised legs and to top it all of, Separation and permanent hypermobility of my sacroiliac joints, both at the sacrum and under my nuts LOL
I also suffer from critical allergies to many common carriers used in pharamceuticals that would assist me in pain management and mobility. Most severely is acetycyllic acid, extremely common and I can't touch that shit. Most medications, even morphine, are a no go for me due to allergic reaction. The acetycillic acid and carriers like it paralyze my platelets and stop white blood cell production altogether for a minimum 3 weeks even from taking ONE low dose aspirin.

so it's weed..... and if you go thru life trying to maintain your sanity and a smile on your face and not hate everything and everyone.... because of the pain and lack of mobility that you endure day in and day out..... my friends, it truly does take a fuckin shitload of weed hahaha

I get razzed all the time the minute I mention I've got the grow license under the original system and folks just think it's an excuse to grow and sell weed. I think the reason I never got paid any attention in the pre allard raids is because no matter what surveillance they might have used.... I don't sell my weed.... I need it ALL LOL
7 to 10 grams a day minimum when counting plant material needed to supply 1/2 gram to a gram of water hash made from flowers, 1 or 2 cookies (some days) made from trim and leaf and flowers for joints(about 5 grams per day minimum average).

reasonable? yes? no?

greenhaus1927

Pretty sure most doctors won't go past the 5 g a day unless either the patient truly needs more than 5 or the patient is paying for the larger gram per day script... $$$$$

I don't think 5g/day is hard to justify anymore with concentrates, edibles, juicing, etc. now being more common as a way to medicate. I would like to help a few people get referred to a doctor who would be more understanding.

greenhaus1927

for me, 18 years ago I worked my last day as a structural engineer in the bridge building trade. I got crushed by a piece of equipment weighing about 400 pounds, landing flat on my back with it on top of me. My injuries included 9 broken ribs, some with more than 1 break, torn diaphragm, torn shoulder and neck muscles, 1 broken wrist, 1 dislocated, torn thoracic muscles, bruised vertebrae all up my spine, 30 stiches to the back of my head, badly bruised legs and to top it all of, Separation and permanent hypermobility of my sacroiliac joints, both at the sacrum and under my nuts LOL
I also suffer from critical allergies to many common carriers used in pharamceuticals that would assist me in pain management and mobility. Most severely is acetycyllic acid, extremely common and I can't touch that shit. Most medications, even morphine, are a no go for me due to allergic reaction. The acetycillic acid and carriers like it paralyze my platelets and stop white blood cell production altogether for a minimum 3 weeks even from taking ONE low dose aspirin.

so it's weed..... and if you go thru life trying to maintain your sanity and a smile on your face and not hate everything and everyone.... because of the pain and lack of mobility that you endure day in and day out..... my friends, it truly does take a fuckin shitload of weed hahaha

I get razzed all the time the minute I mention I've got the grow license under the original system and folks just think it's an excuse to grow and sell weed. I think the reason I never got paid any attention in the pre allard raids is because no matter what surveillance they might have used.... I don't sell my weed.... I need it ALL LOL
7 to 10 grams a day minimum when counting plant material needed to supply 1/2 gram to a gram of water hash made from flowers, 1 or 2 cookies (some days) made from trim and leaf and flowers for joints(about 5 grams per day minimum average).

reasonable? yes? no?

That definitely sounds reasonable to me! :yes:

Limeygreen

Veteran
That is more than reasonable, I am surprised you need so little cannabis to provide relief to be honest.

Guys u gotta understand that anyone truly in need of cannabis as a medicine does not ever pay for a script. It's guys who truely don't need cannabis for medicine who end up having trouble getting it for free. That's why you pay money...

Not sure how to interpret this statement. No offense. If you want to look at the big picture, most of us need (or could benefit from ) cannabis for medicine in some way shape or form.

Most of us pay (or are looking to pay) because the system is fucked. Doctor's aren't educated, and the ones that are on board see an opportunity to make some money.

To say that terminally ill patients, or those with debilitating illness are the only ones that truely "need" cannabis.... pretty bold statement. Hope i misread or understood it wrong.

Not trying to start a fight here so...

corky1968

Veteran

But I hope you understand that this fee thing is nothing but a big money racket.

Do doctors charge patients for narcotic pain pills and do those patients have to get forms sent to Health Canada to get their pills?

This is nothing but extortion plain and simple.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran

Utter nonsense.

My lady has a broken back and uses concentrates in salves and creams for the most direct to bone delivery route (to stimulate osteoblasts) without a huge psychoactive kick. Her family doc refused medical cannabis but wanted to write her a script for 90 oxys a month, but we took her diagnosis to a pot doc which gave her permission to grow enough meds to make salves and creams. yes we had to pay their fee, it was worth every penny to ease her pain.

This is a problem with our movement, even some on our side see patients as criminals out to make money, rather than fellow Canadians wanting to quell their pain. It's really sad. How much cannabis another person uses, and how, which route of delivery etc, what type of cannabis they grow (some like CBD, THCV, CBDV etc which are not psychoactive) is not written anywhere in the law. If I were growing non psychoactive THCV cannabis, why would anyone care if I grew it by the ton?

When even those on our side aren't behind us and doubt our intentions, you can understand why the ignorant masses who understand nothing about the plant are aching to take us all down. Like with all other things medical, it should be between you and your doctor and nobody else. I tell cops the same thing, my diagnosis is none of their business as it is protected by medical privacy rights. Get a fucking warrant. I hate seeing cannabis users on the same side of cops, when it's the cops who are wrong. that attitude needs to change.

I hate calling you out sourpuss, but you are wrong on this one bro plain and simple; that statement is completely ignorant.

Last edited:

gotnoname

I heard people paying 8500$ for mmar back in 2013 and they got around 150 plants++, but the doctors are retired now. Is it still happening ?

Think I may have found the winner here boys and girls, just waiting on confirmation.

Responded to a kijiji ad for a medical consultant (in Ontario) claiming to be able to help with the possession and production paperwork. Super nice lady, very informative.

Referred me to www.mftgroup.ca

Upon first look they specialize in supporting Veterans, and treating PTSD with cannabis. I told her I wasn't a veteran and wasn't going to try to use there service because of that.

She told me it turns out they are helping civilians now. Nationwide. So I just contacted the BC office via their online contact. Had a reply about 30 minutes later.

The Gal that referred my said that they just changed the prices from $200 for civilians, down to $50, and Veterans from $50 to free.

I received my application form in the email response but it says the fee for the doctor is $200 so I'm just waiting to see if that is true or if the new prices apply as she says they do.

Fingers crossed. Regardless $200 is better than $500. But $50... That's the right direction.

S

sourpuss

Utter nonsense.

My lady has a broken back and uses concentrates in salves and creams for the most direct to bone delivery route (to stimulate osteoblasts) without a huge psychoactive kick. Her family doc refused medical cannabis but wanted to write her a script for 90 oxys a month, but we took her diagnosis to a pot doc which gave her permission to grow enough meds to make salves and creams. yes we had to pay their fee, it was worth every penny to ease her pain.

This is a problem with our movement, even some on our side see patients as criminals out to make money, rather than fellow Canadians wanting to quell their pain. It's really sad. How much cannabis another person uses, and how, which route of delivery etc, what type of cannabis they grow (some like CBD, THCV, CBDV etc which are not psychoactive) is not written anywhere in the law. If I were growing non psychoactive THCV cannabis, why would anyone care if I grew it by the ton?

When even those on our side aren't behind us and doubt our intentions, you can understand why the ignorant masses who understand nothing about the plant are aching to take us all down. Like with all other things medical, it should be between you and your doctor and nobody else. I tell cops the same thing, my diagnosis is none of their business as it is protected by medical privacy rights. Get a fucking warrant. I hate seeing cannabis users on the same side of cops, when it's the cops who are wrong. that attitude needs to change.

I hate calling you out sourpuss, but you are wrong on this one bro plain and simple; that statement is completely ignorant.

All good chimera. U know I'm not here to fight. Anyone can say whatever they feel is right.

Trust I know cannabis is great med for just about everyone. Not so in most doctors eyes. What I'm referring to is what doctors think is correct and I find unless you got ptsd , major pain or seizures it's pretty damn hard to convince a family doctor to sign.

I have to pay for mine as well. I can't say I would die without cannabis. But my life is much more enjoyable with it.

I suppose your wife paid for hers too? To me that's not right. Sorry if I offended was just saying what I've seen. Some people get it for free some not. The people I've seen get it for free have some medical issue they got it for. I agree many r in need but cant get what they need.

Think I may have found the winner here boys and girls, just waiting on confirmation.

Responded to a kijiji ad for a medical consultant (in Ontario) claiming to be able to help with the possession and production paperwork. Super nice lady, very informative.

Referred me to www.mftgroup.ca

Upon first look they specialize in supporting Veterans, and treating PTSD with cannabis. I told her I wasn't a veteran and wasn't going to try to use there service because of that.

She told me it turns out they are helping civilians now. Nationwide. So I just contacted the BC office via their online contact. Had a reply about 30 minutes later.

The Gal that referred my said that they just changed the prices from $200 for civilians, down to $50, and Veterans from $50 to free.

I received my application form in the email response but it says the fee for the doctor is $200 so I'm just waiting to see if that is true or if the new prices apply as she says they do.

Fingers crossed. Regardless $200 is better than $500. But $50... That's the right direction.

Alright so just talked to them and the prices change effective next monday. $100 for civilians and free for Vet's. I'll be going ahead with these guys and let you know how it turns out. As far as I have seen there isn't a more cost effective place to get it done by a LEGITIMATE doctor.

diffusing

Alright so just talked to them and the prices change effective next monday. $100 for civilians and free for Vet's. I'll be going ahead with these guys and let you know how it turns out. As far as I have seen there isn't a more cost effective place to get it done by a LEGITIMATE doctor.

there's a place in toronto that only gives 1.5g/day max at first, its 70$ and have to go back every 3 months for followup. followups are 15$ or something. so basically 100$/yr and the hassle of going back. but the g/day limit is bullshit. buddy signed up anyway, and is going to try and get them to raise it after 3 months..... he uses about 5/day and told them that he will have to do blackmarket to cover the remainder. they were ok with that.. or didn't care.

they split his script between 2 lps so he could check the options. they wanted some sort of med doc, but pretty much required you to say pain or migraines. even if that wasn't on your medical doc.

the sad joke is he found out about them from some ass that was selling their email address for 300$.

its in north york, http://www.apollomarijuanaclinic.com/

Tynehead Tom

Well, looks like I must also jump thru these hoops once again.
Renewal is not so simple either it seems and I also want to increase my plant count so.....

My wife and I are both going to dive into this and see where we end up. Plan is to both come out at the end withnew medical grow licences. She has chronic lower back pain from work and the monthly curse the gals are burdened with seems to be getting worse with age so she's started smoking weed here and there for the menstrual issues.... which fak me am I glad she finally broke down and tried the weed during her monthlies LOL

so I'll share what I can when I can, success or failure LOL
I know for me with my medical records it's a slam dunk but we'll see if they allow us separate grow license plant counts at the same address. here goes nothing :)

diffusing

Well, looks like I must also jump thru these hoops once again.
Renewal is not so simple either it seems and I also want to increase my plant count so.....

My wife and I are both going to dive into this and see where we end up. Plan is to both come out at the end withnew medical grow licences. She has chronic lower back pain from work and the monthly curse the gals are burdened with seems to be getting worse with age so she's started smoking weed here and there for the menstrual issues.... which fak me am I glad she finally broke down and tried the weed during her monthlies LOL

so I'll share what I can when I can, success or failure LOL
I know for me with my medical records it's a slam dunk but we'll see if they allow us separate grow license plant counts at the same address. here goes nothing :)

pretty sure nowdays, the doctor doesnt need to know about plant counts or growing or anything. they just sign a recommendation with grams/per and health canada takes care of the rest.. there is a sample form somewhere in the new gov regs, i dont have it handy buts is very basic. then you can choose to go with an LP, or grow your own when you fill in the HC forms after you got the note. there is no reason why your wife and yourself would not be able to grow there. and depending on criminal history.. you could grow for 2 others between you as well. all the doctor needs to do is sign a note which you include with the forms you fill out. so its easier on the doctor... in theory. that gram per day thing i can see being hard for many doctors to determine though ...... my take anyway..

keep us posted

peace

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

I have a 78 plant count right now, which I divide by 3 ...Moms/clone/seedlings / vegging plants/ flowering plants. I'd like .... or rather need, to bump that up to 150 so I can divide it into 50 plants per stage. I don't grow big plants so this would work for me and I believe I can rationalize and break it down for a doctor quite easily.
As for criminal records, thankfully I made it thru my wild and crazy days unscathed and I've never been accosted by the police for anything drug related..... and the wife is a saint so we're good LOL

The only complication I see going forward is the Liberal's sucking the UN's dick over gun control in Canada. I'm a hunter and a sports shooter and I can guarantee there's gonna be some problems coming very soon here from a certain bat shit crazy libtard senator (celine H.P) and the usual Liberal anti freedom anti protection of life fucktards in ottowa. So I'm pretty sure there will be some restrictions put on us law respecting firearms owners who are associated with legal marijuana. I won't be giving up either :D