What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much is the good doctor charging?

Wow what a fucked setup...

Glad to see you got your DG shit setup sourpuss... As far as Canada being "the bomb" I wouldnt go so far as to say that man.... Especially when talking about the the ACMPR lol. Agree to disagree I guess. Again no offense. Also glad that you either own your residence or that your landlord is a nice guy. Ours sure as eff isn't.

Funny that me and the wife can pay under 1k and have 20g a day script for each of us (so 200 plants!) and we don't have to ask permission from Mr. Landlord to grow. Yet if I wanted to put mom's 3g a day under our umbrella so she isn't choosing heating costs over paying for meds, I'd have to ask his permission...

She gets all the meds she needs for free but regardless of all parties being legal and registered, I am breaking the law giving them to her. All because I guarantee I cannot get permission from my landlord for DG status. I didn't need the landlords permission for the 50 plants we are legally growing between the two of us. But Im still forced to hide them.

I have no convictions, so the record check is irrelevant. The fact is that I live where its a landlords paradise. They can pick and choose who to rent to so lets just say we choose not to shit where we sleep and eat. In fact, we just finished renting a trailer to store all our plants in while we ripped down the whole room in order to not have to disclose to the landlord our little setup during the last walk through. Did we *have* to? no. But lets face it, had we not tore it all down, god only knows what sort of can we would have opened up once Mr. Do-Right came in and saw.

I love Canada, don't get me wrong. But our freedoms are not free at all. The only time they give us some slack is when they can tax it, charge a fee, or use it to register you and put you down as a pin on a map. This system is so fucking flawed that unless your a home owner your only half way home free. I dont have the money to fight the ""good fight" in court.

While I'm on my little Dennis Leary rant here, I would advise people on not paying clinics who are only giving you 3 or 4 grams a day.

There are a few different services who are now charging your healthcare plan. They wont give more than 5g a day which is a whole other post in itself, but regardless, they aren't going to charge you $250 for something your plan will pay for either. I highly suggest that people entering the program take a look at their options before paying. Unless you need a much higher count, keep the money outta those pricks pockets.

Last edited:
S

sourpuss

Ganja r u sure you need permission? Almost 99 percent sure you do not. U live there right? Quite sure if u live there u can be dg without landlord permission... its worded weird and i thought the same at first....

pug1010

Finally setup with 3 5gram a day patients. Turns out being dg is as easy as being the patient or easier. Since you dont require your own script.... the only thing a dg needs is the police background check.

Also read carefully on where your grow is. U must own or have consent if its not the dgs home or the patients home.

Canadas the bomb...

Hiya sourpuss :)

You may not want to answer these questions ... I totally understand, if you don't .... but I would love to know how the dg thing works from someone actually doing it on a good work/life balance scale (not too big and not too small) ... like yourself. All the nitty gritty stuff, like how you are compensated for your time, how you hooked up with an acmpr patient, how you stockpile goodies, how you ship it ... the questions go on.:) I have not been able to find this info anywhere.

Anyway ... if you feel comfortable sharing your hard-earned knowledge ... it would really be appreciated, as it is something I am looking a doing in the near future.

pug1010

Hey ganja ... I know where you're at. I have a fire alarm inspection coming up and wonder when the next invasion of privacy will occur 'spontaneously'. I would do the pack up / unpack thing, just like you did. Better to be safe.

Also wondering if you know of any BC services that charge the healthcare plan ... 3-4 grams would be fine, as looking at getting the wife sorted and cannot find anything.

S

sourpuss

Sup pug, cant answer them all but as growers who can grow quality we can use the existing patients who cannot grow primo. 99 percent of people cant do it. I wouldnt suggest working with aquaintances or strangers. Only close friends who u can trust...

Just the way i did it. Was getting really annoyed with dealing with the docs..

Well I had to look on HC's website regarding DG's needing permission, and unless am misreading this it appears you do need permission regardless once you are going down the DG route and dont own your property...

Section B3

"Indicate if the Designated Person is the owner, or part owner, of the site where they plan to produce cannabis.

If the answer is yes, check Yes and skip section A2. You can proceed to section A3.
If the answer is no, check No and complete section A2. The site owner will need to review, date and sign section A2."

Obviously Section A2 is the Site Owner's Consent.

pug1010 - Parents are in their early 50's and I'm surprised how easy their friends and them have all gotten signed up without paying here in BC. They have either gone to their regular doctor, or in the case of my dad's friend, he simply went into a walk in clinic and brought it up while they were talking.

There is still this mindset that you HAVE to pay in order to access the system, or as before, you needed to damn near be terminal in order to have a doc sign. That it not the case these days, the floodgates are open dude. Again, my parents and their friends are "older" and have allot of documentation and history to go with their conditions. They also just moved to BC from another province so having a long relationship with their doctor is not the case. That being said, if I went in to the same doctor in my 30's without any proof of injury, etc. I doubt my doctor would sign shit. When they are signing off on narcotic drugs from my dads back and my mom's hip, who the fuck is going to say "No, you can't use Cannabis"? No one. Not sure what your wife's condition is but you can either fight for it or pay for it I guess.

I dealt with Natural Health Services personally. They didn't charge me, but the 700 km drive each way to do a "follow up" appointment where they tell you 5g is enough for anyone was a deal breaker. Allot of their info they provide is false or contradictory to the info on HC's website. They even tried telling me that if I made ANY extracts or concentrates that I would be breaking the law. They are all about the flowers or what ever the LP's can provide. Then the cost for that trip, the wait time of over 4 months to have all the appointments and get them to send in the ACMPR paperwork was a fucking joke. The money we spent on that trip could have bought a 30g script.

Again, if you find a place aside from a regular doctor to sign, (and that is also free) they are only in it to charge your healthcare, and to get a kickback from signing you up with an LP. They wont be too helpful other than that. They make their money off the 1-3g a day scripts, and moving a large amount of people through their office each day. I was told that Natural Health Services will not go over 5g a day because and I quote, "that would raise red flags for us." So who cares what the patient needs though right?

Another thing I noticed while at NHS, was how many minors were getting signed up with a parent or guardian there. I mean it was shocking. The waiting room was always beyond full, at at anytime there seemed to be half a dozen kids aged 13-17. You can read that a few different ways.. Does that mean that their family doctors were turning them away? Who knows.

We use the plant in damn near every form other than smoking joints or bowls. That being said, 10g doesn't go far when your producing your own. The plant count of 50? Sucks. Lose half your plant count to clones for next round, other half in flower and then add moms on top of that. Anywho.

Hope you guys find a resolve.

Last edited:

HiFiGanja

MMAR and ACMR both required the patient and or DG to get the landlords permission if a DG was to grow in a place they didn't own.

MMAR and ACMR both don't require you to get the landlords permission if you plan grow in your rental residence for yourself. Caveat here is what will the landlord do if they find out.

Pangea

Veteran
Back in the regular MMAR days, we went the route of not informing a landlord. The bastard sucker punched my dad in the mouth when he found out, coward.

pug1010

Big thanks ganja, sourpuss and hifi - much appreciated.:)

Ganja ... have you thought of maybe buying at a dirty cheap block of land (could be anywhere up north for peanuts) and just use it as the dg address? I have been having a look around BC and there are a few places that are in pretty nice locations (no services) which would fit the ticket - wouldn't have to big real big. Would also be nice to put in some hugggge trees for summer - make that 5 outdoor plant quota really work ... lol ... some nice Kali mist would be pleasant.

I don't know your financial situation ... in my case, cash is reasonably tight ... but I reckon this could take a bit of HC/regulation pressure off and allow people like us to be dgs - taking sourpuss' advice to go with close friends or close family friends.:)

The system has holes in it everywhere ... there are scammers, capo bastards and gold rushers involved everywhere ... BUT ... there is still a little room for us and as sourpuss has shown, a place in the sun if we can work together and find a a little nook out of the way to live a peaceful and amazingly ... legal life.:)

Sunny here today ... have a great day ganja brothers and sisters. :)

Been listening to a bit of Ben (the man), so am in my happy place ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKq9JvssB8

Limeygreen

Veteran
If they were thinking, the landlords should be required to know but not allowed to say no and offer a government stipend to pay for inspection and home improvement to ensure no damages would happen to their property and the reason I say this is then people wouldn't feel they have to hide things and the landlords would feel more comfortable that they would not have damage to their property or modifications they didn't approve just by normalizing it and getting some money out of it to ensure things are on the up and up, most times I am sure they landlord would just be able to pocket cash.

S

sourpuss

Hmm.. stuffs a maze ... my situation is 1 of the patients is the owner so i guess we r still fine... i hope i didnt steer anyone wrong..

HiFiGanja

You're one of the lucky ones for sure! Most of our family doctors won't sign a script for us and don't know jack shit about cannabis. But good for you, wish my family doctor was on board.

Ahemit is a industry shill and a liar plus he was banned here and on RIU, He tried a few more times under different names and all three times he got banned.

S

sourpuss

Was totally wrong about the production site and needing owner consent. Sorry if i got anyones hopes up...

On a good note u guys hear they r supposed to legalize next canada day. 4 plant limit.

Was totally wrong about the production site and needing owner consent. Sorry if i got anyones hopes up...

On a good note u guys hear they r supposed to legalize next canada day. 4 plant limit.

Unfortunately its 4 plants per HOUSEHOLD, restricted to only 100cm in height.