What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how many generations til a strain becomes yours

X

Xray Kimono

Technically, each plant has it's own set of genes. Just like every human. As soon as you pay for and receive the beans anything that comes of those is yours to choose what happens to it. Similar to SOME wine designations. There are many different brands of wine made from the same strain of grapes... but every wine that is made with Sangiovese does not belong to the person that first started using the Sangiovese grape for wines and shared that knowledge of its taste and spread that strain of grape.

Still a shitoad of Sangiovese grapes alll over the place but a fuck ton of different blends of Sangi wines and even blends that are exactly the same ratios and preparations but with different names, labels, and wine makers :)

Im high and rambling, but I think I got the point out of my head properly in English...

Peace!
Xray

Tom Hill

Veteran
as long as that is how you feel about it Kweku Ananse you will never see me tossing a "one for all" vote in your bullshit scamming hippie direction lol.. Dj is no master do you know him? But Bluebreery is his and fuck you for having some other douchey opinion. I don't give a fuck about who is monsanto if i copy their work i will ask them first this is not the same as not being able to plant my own seed because some monsato growing asshole shed pollen on my crop..

I can hear you now,, telling me i to relax i might like it as your cramming your shit in me.. Fuck all that.. You are the one who needs to think about it.. There was a time when you could trust surfers too but i guess it is truly all over now.

X

Xray Kimono

But yeah, get the dudes permission to spread it just out of respect.....unless you are just another thievin choad, but karma catches up to thieving choads.....

Peace!
Xray

as long as that is how you feel about it Kweku Ananse you will never see me tossing a "one for all" vote in your bullshit scamming hippie direction lol.. Dj is no master do you know him? But Bluebreery is his and fuck you for having some other douchey opinion. I don't give a fuck about who is monsanto if i copy their work i will ask them first this is not the same as not being able to plant my own seed because some monsato growing asshole shed pollen on my crop..

I can hear you now,, telling me i to relax i might like it as your cramming your shit in me.. Fuck all that.. You are the one who needs to think about it.. There was a time when you could trust surfers too but i guess it is truly all over now.

It seems to me we feel the same way about it:give credit where it's due, we only disagree on how we would act.

You would pay respects by asking now, I would pay respects later by giving credit to the originator for selecting such a prime specimen.

It would be douchey to be a scammer and not pay respects, take credit for work that not yours. But I see the ownership in the work, not in the genes. So he gets mad props.

And about the monsanto reference, if you asked, they'd say no, cuz they think they own genes.

I hope you don't see me as your enemy, but instead someone who agrees with you on all fronts, save for needing "permission"

I don't like telling people to relax, you do you. Hopefully neither of us ever run into a scenario where we get letters from court, cease and desist all growing of "our" genes, or face fines/prison.

That's what I fear. That's what I was alluding to.

Technically, each plant has it's own set of genes. Just like every human. As soon as you pay for and receive the beans anything that comes of those is yours to choose what happens to it. Similar to SOME wine designations. There are many different brands of wine made from the same strain of grapes... but every wine that is made with Sangiovese does not belong to the person that first started using the Sangiovese grape for wines and shared that knowledge of its taste and spread that strain of grape.

Still a shitoad of Sangiovese grapes alll over the place but a fuck ton of different blends of Sangi wines and even blends that are exactly the same ratios and preparations but with different names, labels, and wine makers :)

Im high and rambling, but I think I got the point out of my head properly in English...

Peace!
Xray
I think this guy said what I was trying to.

Tom Hill

Veteran
naw man we don't feel the same way at all Kweku. don't fucking spout out to me your bullshit give credit where it is due crap you ask permission b4 u have some other guy put food on your table thanks after the fact is not even close to the mark junior.

when you ask and somebody say they's rather you not you fucking refrain from the activity or you are a common thief trying to rationalize their douche like actions.

if you gain permission your case will hold up in court... Stop being a douche and risking other people have excuse to think it's ok too,,, because it ain't man,, it just ain't..

S

SooperSmurph

Just always be honest about your genetics.

This is my Smurphberry Jam, it's a Northern Lights x Blueberry double self backcross using a single elite mother, made using Dr Atomic's Blueberry Jam, which inspired the name. As long as you acknowledge the source of your genetics, that's what matters, in my opinion.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
unless its breeder steve old school gear, he would rather you rename it than have his name attached to your crappy selections it seems from whatever I read. heh

Still not trying to be a cockass, but I just want some clarification.

If I buy a pack of djshort bb, and inbred the genepool for five years, I would still have to ask permission from djshort to sell a clone of "my" selection as

"Kweku's djshortbb"

What if he died in the five years I was working? Who would I ask then?

If I were a person with that kind of breeder acclaim, i'd share, so I don't see how you figure every dude should be asked. Sounds like nothing more than ego mania.

But I will concede, as you make a good point: some people are egomaniacal douche bags who will burn your reputation if you cross them, so better just ask everyone. Cuz you never know who you are dealing with.

It would be presumptuous of me to assume that credit after the fact wouldn't hurt some people's feelings. So you've changed my mind. Thank you for the insight of the tact needed in the cannabis breeding realm.

Tom Hill

Veteran
yes that is correct you increasingly disrespectful puke,, you need permission or count yourself a douche. This is in no way the same thing as the previously mentioned hybrid effort where credit when due is good enough.

All of you fucking leaching hippie types are always the same about share and etc well what the flying fuck did you bring to the potluck you leach?

By the way,,, i have never in my life ever turned anybody down when they ask me these types of things blessings fly,,, as did Sam's when i gained his permission to show the world what i did with HIS Haze.. just,,, don't be a douche man change that attitude it sucks huge balls man it really does.. For sure i can't sit around while you profess it is adequate normal and fine when it sure as fuck ain't in my eyes.. If we were talking about some 3 way hybrid DJ tossed out there that would be one thing but this is Blueberry we are talking about if anything is true Blueberry is Dj's..

S

SooperSmurph

Some people believe plant science is closer to art.

Some people want to patent genetics like Monsanto.

Personally I think if Monsanto supports the idea, it's probably evil at the core.

Tom Hill

Veteran
it is only ever referred to as art by pions who do not understand the science son.. oh and thieving cocksucker hippies,, they also like to call it art lol...

yocs

hey Tom you'd prolly like this kid I know named cartman. He hates hippies and there damn drum circles also lol.

S

SooperSmurph

it is only ever referred to as art by pions who do not understand the science son.. oh and thieving cocksucker hippies,, they also like to call it art lol...
And I like to call Monsanto's tactics in the world of botany pure disgusting evil that only a pathetic worthless being with no soul would support, to each their own.

Tom Hill

Veteran
you are comparing monsanto to DJ Short now? what the fuck are you even trying to say i am pretty comfortably calling you out as not having any fucking idea what the hell you are talking about in any of this and struggling to see a reason for you openning your mouth in the first place..

yocs

Just always be honest about your genetics.
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44946&pictureid=1469040&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44946&pictureid=1469039&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
This is my Smurphberry Jam, it's a Northern Lights x Blueberry double self backcross using a single elite mother, made using Dr Atomic's Blueberry Jam, which inspired the name. As long as you acknowledge the source of your genetics, that's what matters, in my opinion.
that looks awesome, good work man