What's new

How is Brexit going?

Cuddles

Schofield was more a 'tabloid' newspaper thing but it was heavily reported, he was kind of taken down.. whether or not he deserved it for other stuff he's done i don't know... stuff like that doesn't really interest me either... but it was hard to avoid in UK for a week or two.
and s2 is right, that speech a week later was quite something...
what , whose speech?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what , whose speech?
On Hollys return to This Morning Show TV Show,,,
She asked directly to camera at that start of the show “ Are You Ok” to the viewers all over the U.K.😂
that was for starters just before she sold Schofield down the river,,,
Nobody bought her self preserving nonsense hence a lot are taking the piss,,

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going back to Boris... democracy becomes problematic if politicians are prepared to lie about everything, because it seems that many people don't have sufficient critical thinking to recognize or check for the truth.
Perhaps politicians have always been economical with the truth.....but Boris (and Trump) have taken lying in politics to the next level and cheapened our democracies in the process. It will be very hard to mend the damage because they basically got where they wanted to get using dishonest means, they gained success out of their lying and false promises, so others will now see it as a route to success.
VG

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going back to Boris... democracy becomes problematic if politicians are prepared to lie about everything, because it seems that many people don't have sufficient critical thinking to recognize or check for the truth.
Perhaps politicians have always been economical with the truth.....but Boris (and Trump) have taken lying in politics to the next level and cheapened our democracies in the process. It will be very hard to mend the damage because they basically got where they wanted to get using dishonest means, they gained success out of their lying and false promises, so others will now see it as a route to success.
VG
Yep,,,,
Its given every Tom,Dick,and Harriet an excuse to tell their “ Truth” ,,,
Which is often light years away from the actual truth,,,,

Cuddles

On Hollys return to This Morning Show TV Show,,,
She asked directly to camera at that start of the show “ Are You Ok” to the viewers all over the U.K.😂
that was for starters just before she sold Schofield down the river,,,
Nobody bought her self preserving nonsense hence a lot are taking the piss,,
yes, they showed this scene and it did seem rather insincere. She seems so upset about his affair that at first I thought that they were married to each other (I´m thinking Richard and Judy - like) but they´re not!
So why does she care about who he´s having it off with? - two consenting adults...

Cuddles

VG
yeah but non-politicians have been doing this crap since forever too. People are just so stupid and believe anything and follow anyone into the wilderness just as long as the person shouts loudly enough!

But when politicians, let alone country leaders do it, the negative effects are on a much larger -even global scale.

Cuddles

making it all the more critical that they are called on it and held accountable by voters or the legal system, whichever is called for. or BOTH...:good::ying:
absolutely right. totally agree. But they get away with it far too often. They´re pointing the finger all the time and when it´s their own turn they´re like: wot? Me? Oh come on now - hey guys, it´s meeeee!

Cuddles

He’s as crooked as the day is long,,,
a huge piece of lying,corrupt ,blue-blooded shit,,,,
a scourge on our country and an embarrassment,,,,
Let him head for the hills or crawl under a rock,,,,
trying to slip everyone who’s enriched him onto the honours list including his vile wife beating father but failed ,,,,
Fuck off forever with your Lady Macbeth,,,,
his old man is a woman beater? I thought he´s just an old, snobbish pr*t . I saw that scene where he basically insulted the entire british public about their level of education. I guess he was trying to come across as intelligent. A lot of people do this type of thing.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
his old man is a woman beater? I thought he´s just an old, snobbish pr*t . I saw that scene where he basically insulted the entire british public about their level of education. I guess he was trying to come across as intelligent. A lot of people do this type of thing.
Broke his wifes nose and that’s just what we know about😳,,,
A real POS,,,,

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, they showed this scene and it did seem rather insincere. She seems so upset about his affair that at first I thought that they were married to each other (I´m thinking Richard and Judy - like) but they´re not!
So why does she care about who he´s having it off with? - two consenting adults...
She was pissed that he lied to the her face but he can’t seem to remember if he did or didn’t tell her originally ,,😂
only in the U.K. could something like this take precedent with all the other shit going on😂,,
lim of to roll a spliff of Bubba and a cup of Yorkshire Tea with digestive biscuits,,,,,

Cuddles

She was pissed that he lied to the her face but he can’t seem to remember if he did or didn’t tell her originally ,,😂
only in the U.K. could something like this take precedent with all the other shit going on😂,,
lim of to roll a spliff of Bubba and a cup of Yorkshire Tea with digestive biscuits,,,,,
Not the biggest scandal I can think of,lol. Trumps stuff is much worse, as are some others.

Cuddles

Okay, this is hilarious:

Jacob Rees-Mogg, who was knighted in Johnson’s resignation honours, said he was hopeful about the former prime minister’s chance of a comeback. He said Sunak should remain leader until the next general election – but predicted that “at some indeterminate date in the future when Rishi’s hair has gone grey and he decides to retire,” Johnson could come back “on his charger to save the nation”.

Boris Johnson was born in 1964.
Rishi Sunak was born in 1980

Looking at Boris, well.. cholesterol, seriously overweight...
Sunak - younger, leaner...
:biggrin:

Cuddles

Phew, Boris Johnson got practically demolished in the commons today and night. And the current PM too!

an example:

'He’s either lying or he’s thick'​

Jess Phillips, the shadow domestic violence minister, quipped Boris Johnson had a “cracking” defence in not understanding the regulations: “He’s either lying or he’s thick.”​

this is a detailed summary of what happend in the commons today

Check it out:

ps I have not idea why everything is in bold. I tried to change it but it wouldn´t work , sorry!​

Cuddles

This is how Brexit is now going-
Everybody knew this would happen, everybody was saying it would happen and now it is happening:
:(

Brexit red tape sees work for UK musicians dry up in EU: ‘It’s killing us’​

Almost half of British performers have had less work in Europe since UK exit, survey finds​

Adam Forrest
Political Correspondent
2 days ago
291 Comments

<p>Damon Albarn of Blur has called Brexit a ‘tragedy’ for musicians</p>

Damon Albarn of Blur has called Brexit a ‘tragedy’ for musicians
(PA)
IndyEat

Sign up to our free Brexit and beyond email for the latest headlines on what Brexit is meaning for the UK​

I would like to be emailed about offers, events and updates from The Independent. Read our privacy notice
The devastating impact of Brexit on Britain’s touring musicians has been revealed in a major survey of the struggling sector – with some performers forced to quit their profession.

Almost half of UK musicians (47 per cent) say they have had less work in the Europe since the country’s exit from the bloc, while more than a quarter (28 per cent) have had no work in the EU at all.

The new report by the Independent Society of Musicians (ISM) warned that the red tape enforced by Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal was still having “an enormously damaging” effect on British bands and singers.

Major British music stars – from Damon Albarn to Sir Elton John – have attacked the government for failing to bring down the barriers to touring. The Blur frontman recently called Brexit a “tragedy”.

British mezzo soprano Jennifer Johnston said on Tuesday that Brexit was “quietly killing our world-class music sector” – blaming the Tory government’s “unwillingness” to renegotiate visas and other touring bureaucracy with Brussels.

Calling for a new visa-free travel deal, the star added: “It is time for the government to pull its finger out and reverse some of the damage being done before it is too late.”

Recommended​

The survey of 400 musicians for the ISM report found that one in four (25 per cent) have had EU work cancelled since Brexit because of problems with visas and work permits, extra travel costs and carnets – the paperwork needed for instruments and equipment.

Some said Brexit had effectively destroyed their career. One unnamed musician taking part in the survey said: “Work has come to a halt. The offer of European gigs simply dried up. My band simply can’t make any kind of living in the tiny UK market, so we basically have folded as a working band.”

Another UK musician said there were applying for an Irish passport “just to try and get around all the red tape and issues not being in the EU has caused”.

<p>Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal rejected visa-free touring</p>

Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal rejected visa-free touring
(PA Archive)
Performers also pointed to the extra time and cost involved in travelling across borders with complex equipment. Under the Schengen visa waiver scheme, people in the music sector are limited to spending 90 days in a six-month period in the EU.

The ISM has urged Rishi Sunak’s ministers to negotiate a bespoke visa waiver agreement with Brussels allowing British performers to work in any part of the bloc for up to 90 days in a period of 180 days.

They also called on the government to work towards exemptions for musical instruments and equipment in the carnet rules, as well as an exemption from “cabotage” rules – governing the transport of goods between two places in the same country – for the creative industries.

“UK music is a great success story and we are rightly proud of it,” said ISM chief executive Deborah Annetts. “The government has been asleep on the job – it could have tackled many of the issues facing the music sector by itself and made Brexit work. It chose not to.”

She added: “Brexit should never have meant that musicians cannot share their talent freely with our closest neighbours. We call on the government to take action and make Brexit work for the wellbeing of musicians and our economy.”

The Independent revealed in 2021 that the Tory government rejected an EU offer of visa-free tours by musicians to all countries in the bloc, despite blaming Brussels for the permits required.

A “standard” proposal to exempt performers from costs and bureaucracy for 90 days was turned down, sparking criticism from Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke, Charlatans star Tim Burgess, Laura Marling and others.

Recommended​

Responding to the ISM report, Paul Carey Jones, a freelance opera singer, said: “As ever, it’s those at the start of their careers, without the backing of an established reputation, who will suffer the most.”

The government has been contacted for comment.

Cuddles

Are you sure its not just the fact that British music sucks these days?
you should come over here and listen to what´s on the radio! It all sucks - worldwide imo.
But kids seems to like it.
Besides, the problem also affects cool bands. It affects ALL types of performers and artists, including actors etc. I read that even visual artists are affected by all this.

So no, Brexit is **** for all

Latest posts

Latest posts