What's new

How is Brexit going?

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Oh, I forgot the picture. Ukranian dance 1981 around.

FB_IMG_1683407457612.jpg

Cuddles

okay, this is an article from earlier this year. It´s hiliarious and makes you wonder ...
Man I just love the irony

Theresa May Pretends To Fall Asleep During Brexiteer Bill Cash Commons Speech​

The former prime minister looked exasperated when her colleague mentioned the Maastricht Treaty.
Sophia Sleigh
By
Sophia Sleigh

1_th.jpg

Theresa May pretended to fall asleep in the middle of the Commons today in response to a speech by a Brexiteer Tory MP.
The former prime minister looked exasperated when Sir Bill Cash mentioned the Maastricht Treaty - which was signed in 1992 and created the European Union.

Cash made the comments during a session which was meant to be dedicated to the first female speaker Betty Boothroyd who died aged 93.
But when he used the opportunity to start talking about the foundation of the EU, May flopped to the side as if she was falling asleep.
“As the first lady speaker of the House of Commons, she not only made her mark but she was a wonderful person,” Cash said.
“But it wouldn’t go for me not to mention some aspects of the inevitable issue...that is the Maastricht Treaty, because she was the speaker, which I had to deal with.

“And it was a very, very important moment...”
MPs across the chamber could be heard laughing at the Eurosceptic who has spent years bemoaning the EU from the back benches.

Former Prime Minister Theresa May

Former Prime Minister Theresa May
Parliament TV
Earlier in the session May paid tribute to Baroness Boothroyd, saying: “As the woman who broke that glass ceiling and became the first woman speaker in 700 years, Betty Boothroyd will always have her place in history.”
The MP for Maidenhead added: “She reminded us of the importance in this place of humanity, because she showed that so well through everything that she did.”
May added: “May she rest in peace. We will always remember a remarkable, amazing, impressive woman.”

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to look for the word, for me he was never tangible.
He’s as crooked as the day is long,,,
a huge piece of lying,corrupt ,blue-blooded shit,,,,
a scourge on our country and an embarrassment,,,,
Let him head for the hills or crawl under a rock,,,,
trying to slip everyone who’s enriched him onto the honours list including his vile wife beating father but failed ,,,,
Fuck off forever with your Lady Macbeth,,,,

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
It is interesting, USA, UK or anywhere else, if you don´t live there, you really can´t say something? Except you are 17. ;-) The language barrier is also to tough, the same with actors or VIPs. For me it´s like walking through a fog.

Cuddles

was it mentioned on have i got news for you last night? Or will it be on next weeks show? I´m gonna wait until the extended version is uploaded ;)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was it mentioned on have i got news for you last night? Or will it be on next weeks show? I´m gonna wait until the extended version is uploaded ;)
Not last nights one Cuddles,,,
too busy taking the piss out of Holly Willoughby,,

Cuddles

Not last nights one Cuddles,,,
too busy taking the piss out of Holly Willoughby,,
Perhaps he timed it right - or maybe not because next week will be the last one of the season. This means they´ll just have more time to prepare more jokes, doesn´t it? :biglaugh:
:D

I haven´t really followed the Phil and Holly story much. Is it worth it? Why are they taking the p*** out of her though?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phil had an affair with a young man and it has ruined his career .
Boris has had a few wives and multiple affairs, including one when his wife had cancer, and we made him Prime Minister !

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps he timed it right - or maybe not because next week will be the last one of the season. This means they´ll just have more time to prepare more jokes, doesn´t it? :biglaugh:
:D

I haven´t really followed the Phil and Holly story much. Is it worth it? Why are they taking the p*** out of her though?
Haven’t paid much attention to it until She asked the whole U.K. ,,,are you ok? 😂,,,
Then did her speech ,,,please Google or You tube it when you get a minute,,
A Tory PM actually asked one of the bigwigs of ITV live on TV,, a couple of days later ,,”I should ask you firstly “ Are you ok” 🤣
I though Holly initially was taking the piss😂
I was wrong,,,

Cuddles

Phil had an affair with a young man and it has ruined his career .
Boris has had a few wives and multiple affairs, including one when his wife had cancer, and we made him Prime Minister !
... and he´s so cheap that he never even buys condoms either!

this just about reflects the current standards people have - NONE.

SO Schofield had an affair, so what? Big deal! How is this a scandal? Are they gonna sentence him to a few years of hard labour, I thought society had moved on since the dark ages. :(

Cuddles

Haven’t paid much attention to it until She asked the whole U.K. ,,,are you ok? 😂,,,
Then did her speech ,,,please Google or You tube it when you get a minute,,
A Tory PM actually asked one of the bigwigs of ITV live on TV,, a couple of days later ,,”I should ask you firstly “ Are you ok” 🤣
I though Holly initially was taking the piss😂
I was wrong,,,
I watched HIGNFY from last night (couldn´t wait for the extended one) and I think she got off lightly... unless she has hayfever, lol :biglaugh:

Which MP was it?

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of the details (Schofield) were not great but yes, hardly that unusual these days.... plenty of others have got away with much worse.
Seems like there were a few people around who had an 'axe to grind' against him (had a grudge i guess may be a better way of saying it)

Cuddles

Some of the details (Schofield) were not great but yes, hardly that unusual these days.... plenty of others have got away with much worse.
Seems like there were a few people around who had an 'axe to grind' against him (had a grudge i guess may be a better way of saying it)
he´s doesn´t seem to make as much of a fuss as Boris resigning, or am I mistaken? It did get mentioned on BBC world news but Boris is making more waves.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Schofield was more a 'tabloid' newspaper thing but it was heavily reported, he was kind of taken down.. whether or not he deserved it for other stuff he's done i don't know... stuff like that doesn't really interest me either... but it was hard to avoid in UK for a week or two.
and s2 is right, that speech a week later was quite something...