What's new

How hard do you work? Grow related.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man dude that is a crazy amount of work for that amount of people. Running 16 lights by myself right now not including a few t5's and a small male chamber, and it is a full time job for the most part. I am on my 13th day of work with 12-14 hour days. Farming is no joke especially indoors. Having to water coco everyday is one reason I will probably never try it. I have to have days off. You are crazy vag, stack them chips and take a NICE vacation man.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
older i get the harder the work gets but i love growingg, would be interesting to know the oldest grower on here.lol.

I have seen a couple on here in their 80's....so they said-- Really hard to get firm facts..off of an anonymous Site--:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is allot of work. I tend to 30 plants myself im disabled and its rough.. I know 30 doesn't sound like much but for me its to much I have to lower that number by 10 next run so I can give them all the attention they deserve..Its the bending, crawling, lifting, stirring, mixing, Adjusting, transplanting then hopefully you dont have any plant issues to fix. If I did not love it I would have stopped years ago.

Y

Yankmychain

I do two hours on a normal day but if it is time for cleaning up growth or cloning ect.. Then 4-6 hours easy. I am sure you have a full time job. The amount you sound like you are getting you should be able to hire a few extra hands to get job done.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man dude that is a crazy amount of work for that amount of people. Running 16 lights by myself right now not including a few t5's and a small male chamber, and it is a full time job for the most part. I am on my 13th day of work with 12-14 hour days. Farming is no joke especially indoors. Having to water coco everyday is one reason I will probably never try it. I have to have days off. You are crazy vag, stack them chips and take a NICE vacation man.

Tell me about it. In the last year ive gotten crazy black circles under my eyes. Crazy insomnia/ fuckedup sleeping pattern. I sleep a hour, go work. Sleep for 4, go work. No idea what day I am on 90% of the time.

179 lights total. Some places are 9 plants per light, some are 1 plant per light. Some are vertical lighting. Some are in hoods.

Have to check all the AC's, dehueys, CO2 burners, charcoal fans, heat kill switches, ballasts, replace bulbs, fog for bugs and PM...etc

All hand fed. I have been thinking of going back to soil so I can have every 2nd day off. Actually, I am leaning heavily towards it.

TLoft13

I just realized today that my GF and I water 1110 plants split btwn 5 grows everyday, 7 days a week, 365 a year.

600 veg plants and 510 in flower.

We have 1 worker who transplants and ties.

Growing is a hard job. To hard sometimes. :mad:

I am truly overwhelmed right now.

/End rant.
Dude you are crazy. Why dont you consult with Lazyman? Automate your setup and cut your work by half?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran

at least your not watering 2-3 times a day...

you know drippers could literrally cut down your work by half a day... no more watering just maintaining rez's.... still got to be there most the time but takes it all down alot...

in fact you could buy something like growtronix and set it up from your laptop add some camera's and you could probably skip a day....

S

SeaMaiden

Why do you have to water every day??

Have you tried flood & drain or other automation, then? It works very well with coco as long as you pay some attention to not allowing salts to build up (assuming you're using chem salt-based ferts). Not only does my back fucking hurt, but I'm lazy as fuck. I'm not growing that number of plants, but I do use a sump pump for filling the trays. I let the girls sit in the flood solution for a few hours, then drain it off (I feed the leftovers to landscape plants).

The most time for me is spent keeping things trimmed up, but that makes trimming up (the indoor crops, I'm nowhere nearly as diligent with my OD crops) a dream when they're done. Otherwise, I spend more like what wildgrow mentions in terms of time. I really, really like having a life.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blumats. They take a little setting up to work properly, but they work great in coco and watering becomes a non-issue. As said above, check out Lazyman's stuff.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
The way I see it with a dialed hydro system, the plants do most of the work. Like Fred (DHF) says, "babyshit".

G

greenmatter

Dude you are crazy. Why dont you consult with Lazyman? Automate your setup and cut your work by half?

Blumats. They take a little setting up to work properly, but they work great in coco and watering becomes a non-issue. As said above, check out Lazyman's stuff.

:yeahthats

blumats rock ! i don't think you can ever take the gardener out of the garden but blumats sure make it easier to get everything done.

catalyte

Veteran
i wouldn't touch blumats with a 20ft pole if i was growing as many plants as VagPuncher...

WAY too finicky. at every single drip stake there could be a problem. Recipe for disaster IMO... great for personal small grows...

the only thing that comes to mind for huge coco grows is Drip Feed tables... super simple hydro, plus if you can access individual plants and move them, also can be hand watered in the event of pump/power failure....

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Drippers!
Like several ppl have said, get some huge reservoirs, some good RO filters depending on your water quality, and thats it. It´ll cut your work in half, plus youll be watering them plants more frequently causing faster growth and better yields. I just run small grow (1.8k), but settin up drippers with coco is the best thing i did. DO IT!

Stay Safe

iampolluted

love my drippers. saves me well over an hr vs hand watering on my soil vert.....fill a res and set it on a timer. once it's dialed you're good. no worries about gravity fed res's this way.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is my beef with emitters.

I have used them in the past and it seems to me that the plants only get fed exactly where the emitter is because it goes right through the coco. It isn't water uniformly around the pot.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am lazy as hell when it comes to my plants. hand watering under 100 but man it is a lot of work.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
I'd be more worried about my crumbling relationship with the woman and my inability to fufill her emotional needs...plants ain't that tough homie! Peace

Red Fang

Veteran
just saw the opening post but I lug around multiple 5 gallon buckets often, and work like a hard laborer, and not in good shape so it's even harder. but I don't work as hard as you obviously, DAMN you have my respect!