What's new

How do the 90s and early 2000s elites stack up to today’s hype strains?

Klompen

Well let me know when you are in that position.

Oh you'll know lol. It has uses that are far more important than just making drugs. I designed an entire new type of chemistry. If I can ever get the funds to develop it, it'll be hard not to notice.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the guys since back in the early days been saying "dam we lost that one" it ain't never been like it since... Many folks admit to loosing their best plants.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
picture.php

even produces in sub zero temps. lol

Miraculous Meds

I hold a few of the 90s elite cuts, including chems, ogs, and blueberries. All are still stellar. Of course its a matter of personal opinion, but these still rock for their standout attributes from the 90s.

I have grown and or smoked quite a few of the newer elite cuts, and most have attributes that are utterly amazing. Now do they ring the bell, and light your head ablaze with joy and bliss... Some do for me. My friends cut of GMO has the strongest garlic aroma on cannabis that ive ever smelt. Akin to rks stench for garlic. The high is extremely good on this cut. Another is Chunky's 2.0, it really rings the bell. Headbangers in general are a great strain imo. There are a few others I could mention, but a lot of the newer cuts miss on the lasting and unique special effect that makes them truly stand the test of time. Time tells all, but this is a very subjective topic, open to debate, and no right answers. Just peoples opinions. What's most important is testing these out for yourselves, and deciding what truly is special and helps you.

Now on good clean L, thank goodness its made a comeback, at least in my circles. I love micro dosing. There seems to be some promising positive effects coming from it. 10mic, 20mic, 200mic, meh.... Its all good. that reminds me, for all you Explorers out there, check out Hamilton's Pharmacopia. Good and entertaining info on hallucinogenic substances.

Burt

Veteran
Good L?
Now that’s something we can all thank the Indian and Chinese superlabs pumping out the 99% pure crystal :biggrin:

rolandomota

Veteran
M growing some heavenly blue morning Glory's I picked up at Wal Mart in spring they should start flowering soon also I killed the flying saucer ones oops.... I will buy those again next year I will grow them every year now I haven't tried enough yet so don't know if it works as LSD I'm guessing yes

Burt

Veteran
I believe he’s referring to novel designer bacteria or infecting tobacco plants to produce precursors but could just be another spunion trying to comprehend what was revealed under the influence
I would love to get my hands on a 1995 blueberry like the GD crew had that infiltrated the phish scene after Jerry crossed over, very special plant and very special buzz

Klompen

M growing some heavenly blue morning Glory's I picked up at Wal Mart in spring they should start flowering soon also I killed the flying saucer ones oops.... I will buy those again next year I will grow them every year now I haven't tried enough yet so don't know if it works as LSD I'm guessing yes

LSA is definitely not the same thing. Its also not as safe. I wouldn't say not to ever do it, but I wouldn't make it a regular thing either unless you want some damage.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I have tried several times 1p, it is absolutely safe and almost identical to Lucy, 1/2 blotter lasts all night, nothing visual but an infinite inner joy, if then accompanied by some good weed and excellent music is the top ...

Miraculous Meds

I believe he’s referring to novel designer bacteria or infecting tobacco plants to produce precursors but could just be another spunion trying to comprehend what was revealed under the influence
I would love to get my hands on a 1995 blueberry like the GD crew had that infiltrated the phish scene after Jerry crossed over, very special plant and very special buzz

Ha, 95 Dead show, Jesus Christ, and Blueberry changed my life. It was a religious experience. Just not the bible story kind... Shoot me a pm if you wanna talk about that bb.:tiphat:

green-genes77

Veteran
I think everyone above me pretty much covered it: there isn't anything new about potent cannabis, delicious cannabis, and the rush to have the next big thing has led us down some suspect paths. Too much one-note herb with strong but dull highs. Too many variations on played-out terpene themes with most names bearing little resemblance to anything the plant has to offer. To me it's cynical, soulless, sterile.

This is why genetic preservation, mindful breeding, and honest marketing are so important to the future of the cannabis species. Thanks to everyone out there keeping it true and legit.

Joint Lock

Dunno . all i know is im so over Cookies Gelatos and the rest of the hyped junk out there . Ive had the real deals of all of them and i still find myself bk at Tahoes SFV Chems and Diesels .

Kiddies jumped in the game now and just crossing flavor of the weeks to elite of weeks now . Also so sick of all the fuckin weak ass purple junk . IG is full of nothing but purples .Thats what happens tho when u legaliize and a bunch of sheltered kids see something new to them .

Fucking gene pools are a joke these ppl work from with all these purples and hyped bullshit :tiphat:

dugzy

I think everyone above me pretty much covered it: there isn't anything new about potent cannabis, delicious cannabis, and the rush to have the next big thing has led us down some suspect paths. Too much one-note herb with strong but dull highs. Too many variations on played-out terpene themes with most names bearing little resemblance to anything the plant has to offer. To me it's cynical, soulless, sterile.

This is why genetic preservation, mindful breeding, and honest marketing are so important to the future of the cannabis species. Thanks to everyone out there keeping it true and legit.

green genes77 you have said it better than i ever could. If i did not have the friends doing a bit of outdoor growing i would have given up totally i think.

I always thought that commercial would kill the passion, i knew so many who grew but did not smoke and were only bothered making a selection for yield=$ no cares for the dedicated toker. The scene became very boring and people are often still focusing on the superficial elements of sensi today.

You read all over how people now miss the African and Thai types and these were offered back in the day by almost all seed companies, were good potent healthy lines if you searched a bit but now they are quite rare. Where clones were kept of the good ones they are guarded and are not exchanged for money and that says something about how the quality of yesterday still holds up today.

Night4wings20

I have an unknown strain from the 90's that was gifted to me by a friend. So far I've only grown 2 females out and the smells/flavors were;

Pheno #1 Metallic, spicey and hazey
Pheno #2 Incense, sandalwood, spice

Both smoked smooth and tasty (#2 was the better of the 2 imo)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I don't know.... Maybe we should be smoking seeded weed, because the weed we used to get when we were kids (mid to late 70s) used to scare the shit out of us sometimes and the only thing that would distract us from the traumatic event was blacklight posters, music and tits.

Seeded bud does not affect potency. That's a myth. But I think ..maybe.. it allows other flavor profiles and effects to emerge from hiding. Or is it the mature trichomes? I do know that I never bought weed back then and found a white seed. ever.

I let my seed crops go super long and well past "peak" this year to maximize returns. It smokes great, so I'm letting the other 2 seed crops go until they freeze or necrotize. I think I'll ring one and let it die standing.

Latest posts

Latest posts