What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do the 90s and early 2000s elites stack up to today’s hype strains?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So for all of us who dont have the history to fall back and judge old school Sativa strains then vs now, WHAT are 4 or 5 currently available strains in seed form that are the closest to being reminiscent of those days? I was wanting to try some new Cindy 99 or XX but seems like everyone is pretty much saying its not the same either.

I dont care if it takes 10 plus weeks to finish. Im just looking for a GOOD old school sativa heavy or total sativa plant. Love the energetic, work, talk, socialize, fuck type high. I dont like couch lock weed at all.

Check out Ace seeds

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Neville haze, oldtimer haze(maybe this one is too old School)... Depends of what you mean for old School... Many strains of ace/cbg/MNS are old School, if you love The risk you can try titan haze from tfd....

X

xavier7995

Ace/cbg are where i would look. They have a lot of sativas worked to the point that they are manageable indoors, great weed all around. There are certainly others worth considering, but the ace/cbg are a great jumping off point.

mr.brunch

Veteran
I had some lovely smoke back in the 90s , weed and hash wise... but I often wonder if that’s just the memberberries talking.
My mind was a little younger, maybe tolerance was lower...

I hear people say that the acid used to be stronger too, but I’m pretty sure it’s in the same strength in the liquid, microgramme wise.

Who knows. I gave a friend of my cousin some strawberry diesel and it whited him out - the rest of us were smoking plenty... maybe it’s the age thing.

CannaZen

I had some lovely smoke back in the 90s , weed and hash wise... but I often wonder if that’s just the memberberries talking.

I hear people say that the acid used to be stronger too, but I’m pretty sure it’s in the same strength in the liquid, microgramme wise.

Who knows. I gave a friend of my cousin some strawberry diesel and it whited him out - the rest of us were smoking plenty... maybe it’s the age thing.

Shwag used to be potent for me now its hardly worth inhaling the combustion. I think oldschool genetics can be grown with successive results.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Acid can be laid in any stength. Back in the 60s, 200-300ug was common. By the 1980s, 50ug was s more common dose. Nowadays 100ug seems most common. At 9000-10000, 100ug hits per gram it is really up to whoever breaks down the raw. Kinda a mix of generosity and greed depending on who ot its. The think that gets people is the get used to 1 batch and start taking 4 hits. But they were 50ug only equaling 200ug total. So then they eat 4 of the other guys stuff and they were generous. And the 4 hits equals 1000ug. Woah boy..

I would love a bottle of 500ug drops to share with people

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Acid has its own personality, sometimes you take 50 and you do not hear anything, and once again you take the remaining half blotter and you're a buddah ...
Ah Lucy ... Maybe it's the only chemical that I tolerate ...
Sorry for OT...

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Acid... I wish there was a verified supply. You can't be sure what you take today with all these new "legal" versions like 1P-LSD and ALD-52. While Acid alone has it's dangers I also don't trust anymore some unknown underground lab. Too old to gamble with life.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Is ALD-52 out there in the gray market?!?! I fucking love that stuff! I love my LSD, don't get me wrong, but man, I got a hold of some from a chemist once, back in the late 90s, and it was fantastic. I never went through a vial faster. Like LSD in almost every way, but calmer and warmer.

Damn, I thought the research chemicals in circulation were more along the lines of the 1P and dragonfly stuff. Not the legendary orange sunshine!

Is ALD-52 out there in the gray market?!?! I fucking love that stuff! I love my LSD, don't get me wrong, but man, I got a hold of some from a chemist once, back in the late 90s, and it was fantastic. I never went through a vial faster. Like LSD in almost every way, but calmer and warmer.

Damn, I thought the research chemicals in circulation were more along the lines of the 1P and dragonfly stuff. Not the legendary orange sunshine!

I took a shitload of “LSD” in my teens and twenties. It got to the point where my friends and I could tell a real difference between batches. Some was very comfortable. We could be tripping balls and not have that edge to it. We always treasured those batches. When I found out about ALD-52 it made sense.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Strawberries were always my favourite... amazing how the little pictures on the blotter made a difference to the trip, even though it’s the same chemical underneath.
Ahh, it’s been a long time....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G `day Hush

I may be that Cali acid had meth in it too .
Owesley made a shit ton of Meth ,as well as LSD and the bad trip STP .

All we ever hear about is the LSD .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran

You can buy it off the internet, says it ships from Netherlands.

Klompen

ALD-52 is not something that happens by accident to a batch of acid. Its very carefully made and represented the pinnacle of Hoffman's work. I know of a way to make 100% pure LSD and from that make ALD-52, but I don't know how to control the isomers with the process. Unfortunately I am not in any position to actually do any lab work currently.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strawberries were always my favourite... amazing how the little pictures on the blotter made a difference to the trip, even though it’s the same chemical underneath.
Ahh, it’s been a long time....

One of the craziest for me were called mescaline dragons. The picture showed a comic figure dragon with a golden "Horn of plenty" in it's claw. Since then I am searching for at least a picture of it for nostalgia. Never found one. Also not clear why they were called mescaline dragons.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it coincidence that on page 25 of this thread on the 25th of the month a discussion about LSD 25 started lol. Acid for me was a lot about crazy coincidences.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
ALD-52 is not something that happens by accident to a batch of acid. Its very carefully made and represented the pinnacle of Hoffman's work. I know of a way to make 100% pure LSD and from that make ALD-52, but I don't know how to control the isomers with the process. Unfortunately I am not in any position to actually do any lab work currently.

Well let me know when you are in that position.