What's new

Hotboxes attempt at PPK/Vert

hotboxes

Ohhhh tasty Hotboxes...looking good broski! :woohoo:

Thanks mega, yeah they are cali connection, sour diesel, and chemdog 91. The other 3 are 2 jedi kush from cali connection and a hybrid I made about a year ago from Iced grapefruit( female seeds co.) x chem d (male). That is the plant in the PPK she is drinking up the last bit of maxibloom about 6 gallons worth in the mean time I will be adding back florabloom at 10ml/gal with 5mls/gal of koolbloom liquid she is pretty green still yet so I need to try suck some of the green out of her. The other 4 are still on maxibloom at 6g/gal until monday they get dropped to florabloom and koolbloom powder for 2 days then just florabloom.

Again thanks for stopping by my friend keep it green

hotboxes

Been super busy with work and all thats been going on. I am going to try and get in an take some photos tomorrow night and post them up for ya'll. tonight is not gonna happen super tired and just jumped on to check some things. Hope everyone is doing well talk to yeah tomorrowz

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
attachment.php

WOWZA!
That looks dank and tasty!

hotboxes

yeah they are starting to swell, got them defoliated pretty well except for a cpl here and there that will get clipped in a week or 2. Going to start the week with straight florabloom and liquid koolbloom been stepping down off of the N for the past week and a half, I noticed a little bit of leaf curl from using the powder koolbloom with the florabloom at3.5g/gal so I cut it buy 100% water and it has seemed to stop. this week will be the last week of feed before they get 2 weeks of flush. Trichs are all clear still and looks like they will all go the 10 weeks planned if not 11 or 12. Been super busy with work, so no pics tonight but will get some tomorrow night for sure since I missed this weeks update.

hotboxes

day 48 update

day 48 update

tonight will be night 48 of flower, I had missed last weeks update because of work being so busy but was able to get in and take some pictures last night before the lights came on. The first 2 pics are of the frostiest girl in the tent so far the Chem 91, next is the sour D, then the jedi kush #6, followed by jedi kush #3. All my clones have finally gotten roots after messing things up the first 2 tries needless to say I wont be running any of these cuts next except for the chem 91 and the PPK plant clones I took 3 so far I might be able to locate a 4th clone somewhere for my last run before summer, but all will be run in September when I start in my new spot. So far I like them all but the jedi #6 is a lil stretchy and lanky hopefully the final product makes up for the thin branching. The next page will have a few PPK pictures. except for the PPK plant they have all been started on florabloom and Koolbloom liquid and have been tapered off of N all together. They will all go a minimum of 10 weeks so I still have roughly 3and a 1/2 weeks left. the next week and a half will be all flora and liquid Koolbloom and then starting the straight water flush for at least 2 weeks. All the trichs are still clear and still pushing new whit hairs daily so far so good. Hope you enjoy my update and sorry for the wait.

Attachments

• 100_1379.jpg
    100_1379.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1380.jpg
    100_1380.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 16
  • FBxGKveg1 12 05 09
    FBxGKveg1 12 05 09
    200.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1382.jpg
    100_1382.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1383.jpg
    100_1383.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 16

hotboxes

day 48 update/PPK plant

day 48 update/PPK plant

Here is 3 shots with out the HPS light on to show the PPK plant she is getting chunky. The second picture I believe is of a bud closer to the light as you can see it has some yellowing of the leaves but its is pretty nice still.

Attachments

• 100_1384.jpg
    100_1384.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1377.jpg
    100_1377.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 16

hotboxes

.How's the smell on that Chem '91?

severe lemon citrusy funk. Between that and the sour D that's all I smell when I open up the tent. I still have at least 3 to 4 weeks left so I am sure its only going to get bigger and more stinky in there by the time chop comes. I am in no rush with these, I have a good friend thats been helping me with good smoke at a discounted rate till this is ready to blaze. Thanks for stopping by Jnugg how has your chop been going?

Jnugg

Veteran
Yeah I hear that Chem '91 is a real stinker,and lemon hell I love lemon starburst smellin'/tastin' weed.

Chop's been good.I chopped the Indica,& plants in front/back left corners and have 'em hanging whole to dry fir 3-5 days then strip to branches for another 2-3 days then strip to buds and jar or leave to further dry if need be.Doing a dry trim as I like a slower dry and I feel when you whet trim you get more of a fresh cut grass/hay/leafy smell to the buds,and leaving crystal covered leaf's on helps protect the buds from any light as well as preventing direct airflow on the buds allowing a nice slow & even dry which IMO is paramount to quality finished product.

Should be choppin' the other two plants in about a weeks time,they're leaning on the Sativa side of things and look like 10,possibly even 11 weekers...hopefully just 10 though.

hotboxes

yeah I think I am going to try and wait for a dry trim on a few I never liked it before but since I have been defoliating there really shouldn't be to many leaves to worry about. Seriously whats an extra week or 2 when your already waiting 10 to 12.

Jnugg

Veteran
It sucks because yeah it can be harder to trim (dependin' on your particular strains calyx 2 leaf ratio) and yeah you do lose some trich's (trim over mirror or black counter top) but you can save that fir your head...your gonna loose trich's in the jar anyway...also it takes longer to dry (especially when you hang the whole plant) but it allows for a slow and even dry which I think helps make for a better cure as well...less burping of jars and makes for better even burning weed.

hotboxes

yep for sure, before when I was small scale micro I could never wait till it was done because I was always out before the next crop but now its different. I am sure they will come down staggered so once one comes down I will have time between them till the next comes down.

D

DaveTheNewbie

yeah I think I am going to try and wait for a dry trim on a few I never liked it before but since I have been defoliating there really shouldn't be to many leaves to worry about. Seriously whats an extra week or 2 when your already waiting 10 to 12.

it should be interesting to hear your thoughts on dry trim after youve done it.
most people dont like it
but theres something sexy about a dry bud wrapped in its own leaves like a cocoon or a cigar. maybe you could make your own little market in "special dry" where you leave the leaves on?

Jnugg

Veteran
it should be interesting to hear your thoughts on dry trim after youve done it.
most people dont like it
but theres something sexy about a dry bud wrapped in its own leaves like a cocoon or a cigar. maybe you could make your own little market in "special dry" where you leave the leaves on?

The only time I leave any leaf on dried ready to go buds is when they are just as coated as the buds themselves...I find a lot of leaf matter makes for a harsh smoke.But I do leave all foliage on for the 1st 1/3-1/2 of the dry time for a slower more even dry,then manicure.But when I'm drying there are no large fan leaves as I defoliate throughout the flowering cycle right up to harvest...so any leaf left on my drying plants is covered in trichomes.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
I always wet trim. I am gonna do a dry trim and a wet trim this time, and then compare the two after a decent cure. I have read that its better to trim dry because of "sap gettin on your buds" . After big leafing for a few days in a row and getting familiar with this "sap" I cant deny that it exists. We shall see after the cure.

hotboxes

day 53

day 53

ok here we go here, it is day 53 of flower update and everything is blowing up and frosting over. The PPK plant is just amazing it is twice as chunky as the rest, needless to say this is going to be my new set up thanks D9 you Da man !!!!!!! Ok first of all been super busy at work but I was able to get a few shots of the tent tonight 1 of each plant monday I will get more. Monday will be the first day of flush. I plan on flushing for at least 2 weeks and the jedis will be more like 3 weeks.

the first picture is the PPK plant I can't even get the whole thing in the picture so sorry about the blob ob buds hehehehehe
the second picture is the Sour D the best so far out of the other 4 with the chemdog 91 right behind for sure.
the third picture is the jedi #3
the fourth is the Chem 91 and last is the jedi #6

All of the ladies will get another turn in the tent once I get everything situated with PPK's next season, but will be running 3 more as soon as these come down probably the first or second week in April. Hope every one enjoys

Attachments

• 100_1385.jpg
    100_1385.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1390.jpg
    100_1390.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_1393.jpg
    100_1393.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_1396.jpg
    100_1396.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1399.jpg
    100_1399.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 16

Alien_Dawg

Really like how ya control your growth bro.. So clean and efficiency ever present...

Rock on with them bad mamma jammas...

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

hotboxes

Thanks AD, its been a long cycle but next will be just fine running PPK's I might be able to take a vacation seeing I won't have to worry about watering