What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hotboxes attempt at PPK/Vert

hotboxes

yeah they sure are some big buds, all the plants are very nice I wish I had a better camera. the plants deserve that much and so do yins, but for now this will havta do. PPk's are the way to go for me or for anyone with a life that needs simplicity with the ability to self maintain under a budget with good results and for me this is it. I will be converting the bottom chamber from the PPK into a control rez for my next 3 plants. I am going to be using either 1/2" or 3/4 " I.D. poly tubing for the control lines and 1/2" for the pulse lines hooked to halos, trying to locate 12" halos for this next round for better pulse radius. Also going to go with a 400GPH pump for the pulse on 3 pods; it wont be a long run so I feel this will suffice. I have a 3/4" bulkhead lying around just need to pick up a couple odds and ends along with some tube, also need to grab the new materials for the 3 new pods. I am going to try a pea gravel or something alike with coco wick's as it seems turface is not obtainable at a reasonable price for me. I like the coco but it just seems to clog up more and drain very slow in deep flower forming algae from water pooling on top of the container. Never once did it effect the plant but its just a personal pet peev of mine. Hopefully I can get all this done within the next week and a half as I want to have them up and running by the 9th when the sourD and Chem 91 come down each plant will get its own wall roughly 3-1/2 feet across by at least 4 to 5 feet vert. I got some beasts ready to fill in the spots probably gonna start a new thread once I get them situated.

D

DHF

That Sour D`s node stackin and close lateral limb characteristic`s prime beef for vertical bare bulb exploitation HB....

Once you know how far sideways each plant grows by end of stretch , yas can line the donut with as many ppk`s the sideways canopy will provide.....

I understand plant number issues , but kinda wonder how many of those Sour D`s yas could surround a bare bulb with the ppk`s daisy chained back to the rez......

Damn I miss growin.....anyways....

Good job......Respect Bro.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

O

otis33

Looks like a nice pull HB. I just made my own halosi n my ppks with some tees and hose fashioned into a circle with holes drilled in it. Cheap and works perfect.I'm with Fred on the sour d's, those look like perfect candidates for donuts.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking ta be a great pull bro..
Get ya through ta the next-.. then some..
Killed it with the SourD and all look of tasty dilights..
Dankness abounds.

Well done sir...

:tiphat:

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

icdog

What are the holes in the bottom of your ppk bucket? I've been reading the ppk threads and think I have it sorted out but have not seen a reference to those holes yet.
I really want to test this system.

hotboxes

sorry for the disappering act

sorry for the disappering act

Well soon after my last post my computer shit the bed and I have been without since then but I managed to get a new phone that I can at least check on things with.

The ppk plant dominated all topping the scale at 14 ounces dry manicured buds. All the others were an avg. of 4.5 ounces each total I cleared 1.75 lbs total dry trimmed weight.
I have some good news though I will be entering into the fall indoor season in a med legal state so I see massive PPK vert bushes in my future. As soon as I get a new computer I will post up harvey shots boy was it a chore trimming dry but well worth it. I still have like 4 more batches of bho to make from all the trim. Hope every one is safe out there doing what they do.

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well soon after my last post my computer shit the bed and I have been without since then but I managed to get a new phone that I can at least check on things with.

The ppk plant dominated all topping the scale at 14 ounces dry manicured buds. All the others were an avg. of 4.5 ounces each total I cleared 1.75 lbs total dry trimmed weight.
I have some good news though I will be entering into the fall indoor season in a med legal state so I see massive PPK vert bushes in my future. As soon as I get a new computer I will post up harvey shots boy was it a chore trimming dry but well worth it. I still have like 4 more batches of bho to make from all the trim. Hope every one is safe out there doing what they do.

DUDE !!!

:yay::respect::rtfo: Welcome Back....:biggrin:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man...

Posting with phones is a pain...

picture.php

View image in gallery

Been Holding me back for months.... :ying:

forkup

Glad to see you back. So the ppk yielded 3x the others under similar circumstances, that says a lot D9s design. Especially a first tester run...out standing!

hotboxes

Glad to see you back. So the ppk yielded 3x the others under similar circumstances, that says a lot D9s design. Especially a first tester run...out standing!

Thanks forkup. Its good to be back. Yeah the ppk blew me away at the total user friendliness and massive growth. Its gonna be a big year I can feel it.